27won turbo. Who’s running it?

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
As title states... who’s running the 27won turbo upgrade? Pros/cons, numbers?

I’m on the fence between this drop in turbo or going with prl big turbo kit.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As title states... who’s running the 27won turbo upgrade? Pros/cons, numbers?

I’m on the fence between this drop in turbo or going with prl big turbo kit.
what are your goals? The 27won is nice if you want a little bump in power over a fbo with flex fuel. If you want substantial gains over the factory turbo then PRL is the only way to go right now.

MGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, Previously 2016 EX-L (50k miles)
Country flag
Think ~300 is possible on pump 91? I think the 27won is a great deal, but would be great if i didnt have to stop for e85 all the time.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Full bolt on with Cali 91 is ~285ish, throw in the E mix and it's ~335ish

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Vincent@27WON Thanks for the quick response!
No problem. The Cali 91 is just poor. Guys with 93 are generally sitting right at ~300ish and then getting like 340-350 with the E mix. Those are rolling averages and obviously has variables like other mods, boost, etc.

MGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, Previously 2016 EX-L (50k miles)
Country flag
Gotta make due with what we got I guess haha.

One thing that is nice going with the 27won is you've got a bit more flexibility choosing what mods you want to add and how much you might need to swap out if/when it comes time for inspection. Prl's kit seems a bit more involved and requires their dp(specific to the kit) and intake for use, among other things. Hard to argue with their numbers though, if that's your goal.

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I agree with Vincent; 300whp on California 91oct is probably a bad idea, based on the cars I've tuned with it.

I usually stick 93oct cars at 290-300hp with good bolt ons, and an ethanol blend they usually make 330-340 on my dyno.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Think ~300 is possible on pump 91? I think the 27won is a great deal, but would be great if i didnt have to stop for e85 all the time.
Gotta make due with what we got I guess haha.

One thing that is nice going with the 27won is you've got a bit more flexibility choosing what mods you want to add and how much you might need to swap out if/when it comes time for inspection. Prl's kit seems a bit more involved and requires their dp(specific to the kit) and intake for use, among other things. Hard to argue with their numbers though, if that's your goal.
I don't think you'll be disappointed with either choice. Both make great products and people are loving their 27won turbos that are in the wild. Looking forward to seeing the PRL turbos on street cars as well

Reactions: MGZ

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For a DD go 27won and for race go with PRL. The quick enables and BBG gives 27won a massive edge for a DD. The open end to top end power give PRL an edge for racing. The stealth aspect of the 27won could also be useful at inspection time for some states.

OP
OP
airickmatthews

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
what are your goals? The 27won is nice if you want a little bump in power over a fbo with flex fuel. If you want substantial gains over the factory turbo then PRL is the only way to go right now.
I think 300-350 is right about where I’d like to sit. I’m full bolt on right now with all the PRL goodies. The car is my DD, and I don’t track it at all. Just love some spirited driving from time to time. Are those numbers achieveable on a sport hatchback? I’m only seeing info for the 27won turbo on the si.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think 300-350 is right about where I’d like to sit. I’m full bolt on right now with all the PRL goodies. The car is my DD, and I don’t track it at all. Just love some spirited driving from time to time. Are those numbers achieveable on a sport hatchback? I’m only seeing info for the 27won turbo on the si.
@Vincent@27WON has a hatch that I believe they used to test the turbo. @D-RobIMW could probably answer better on the tuning of the Sport as well. He may have done one already. We have the softer rods but not sure where the limit is on them.

OP
OP
airickmatthews

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
@Vincent@27WON has a hatch that I believe they used to test the turbo. @D-RobIMW could probably answer better on the tuning of the Sport as well. He may have done one already. We have the softer rods but not sure where the limit is on them.
Yea I know the rods are a concern, so guess I’ll hear feedback from them before I decide on what route to take. Was wanting feedback from people that are actually running the turbo on their cars.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We did 320 on our hatchback with an E-mix. Have not pushed it more than that.

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
We did 320 on our hatchback with an E-mix. Have not pushed it more than that.
What is the torque figure for both Hatch and Si? Both should practically be the same power with a +/- ~10hp of different compression ratio though..
Sponsored