First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
???

This has been a fun read. I have cobra, intercooler, and downpipe on my cvt. It'll be used for daily, and for auto x. I'm considering going si turbo. What do you guys think?
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
???

This has been a fun read. I have cobra, intercooler, and downpipe on my cvt. It'll be used for daily, and for auto x. I'm considering going si turbo. What do you guys think?
Hybrid from @CAPTS , do it!!

Honda Civic 10th gen 27won turbo vs stock turbo 0-60 & 1/4 1616588275762

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im sure it's great but I think I wanna just stick with oem.
Don't overlook CR-V turbo then. If I recall correctly they are the same. Might be able to source one more easily

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Don't overlook CR-V turbo then. If I recall correctly they are the same. Might be able to source one more easily
They might even be the same? I've been looking on eBay and most are listed crv/si.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I make more top end HP than Myx but I'm pretty sure Myx makes a lot more low end TQ than I do which could be a contributing factor to why he had his motor issue.
I agree with you on the lowend torque and Non-Si connecting rods. Pretty confident on that one.

My setup is more of an anomaly. An outcast of sorts. I wouldn't compare my stock turbo to your 27Won turbo setup (Because of the other stuff I have, like the lightweight wheels/tires). What you'd need as a comparison is someone with a stock turbo setup (Non-Si CVT), that is also using ethanol. Who knows how that'd turn out. Need to search for a Non-Si with CVT and ethanol and their 1/4 mile times and trap speed.

As for a comparison to me, I'd need (And want to) race someone with an upgraded turbo and NO ethanol for a comparison. That's too late at this point since I no longer have the stock Non-si turbo though. I'll happily race anyone with an upgraded turbo still though (with ethanol or not). I just enjoy this stuff and I learn a lot. ;)

It's mighty difficult to find anyone with a CVT and 27Won turbo (no ethanol) that will post their 1/4 mile time and trap speed though. It would be a unicorn event. The Si's with 27Won only (no ethanol) were running in the low 14's.

techguy124

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback EX
Country flag
I agree with you on the lowend torque and Non-Si connecting rods. Pretty confident on that one.

My setup is more of an anomaly. An outcast of sorts. I wouldn't compare my stock turbo to your 27Won turbo setup (Because of the other stuff I have, like the lightweight wheels/tires). What you'd need as a comparison is someone with a stock turbo setup (Non-Si CVT), that is also using ethanol. Who knows how that'd turn out. Need to search for a Non-Si with CVT and ethanol and their 1/4 mile times and trap speed.

As for a comparison to me, I'd need (And want to) race someone with an upgraded turbo and NO ethanol for a comparison. That's too late at this point since I no longer have the stock Non-si turbo though. I'll happily race anyone with an upgraded turbo still though (with ethanol or not). I just enjoy this stuff and I learn a lot. ;)

It's mighty difficult to find anyone with a CVT and 27Won turbo (no ethanol) that will post their 1/4 mile time and trap speed though. It would be a unicorn event. The Si's with 27Won only (no ethanol) were running in the low 14's.
So I stumbled upon this this thread searching about putting an si turbo in a cvt 1.5t and I just so happen to have a 27won turbo on my cvt custom tuned on 93 octane. Here's my best dragy run I did with the 27won and using your two step trick thanks BTW for putting up that video about it.

Honda Civic 10th gen 27won turbo vs stock turbo 0-60 & 1/4 Screenshot_20210401-192014

• Love
Reactions: Myx

pieisthetruth

First Name
alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si coupe
Country flag
Why waste time and money modding a civic. Save your money and get a s4 or rs3 or g70
You could buy a s4, but cant buy weight savings... (well you can but you know what i mean) the si coupe is 2900 vs the 3850 of the s4)

And belive it or not most people with a si cant afford a rs3

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I stumbled upon this this thread searching about putting an si turbo in a cvt 1.5t and I just so happen to have a 27won turbo on my cvt custom tuned on 93 octane. Here's my best dragy run I did with the 27won and using your two step trick thanks BTW for putting up that video about it.

Screenshot_20210401-192014.png

Thanks for posting up your time. I hope you are enjoying your turbo. Really happy the Myxal Two-Step works in your application. From a roll, you should be a beast. :)

techguy124

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback EX
Country flag
Thanks for posting up your time. I hope you are enjoying your turbo. Really happy the Myxal Two-Step works in your application. From a roll, you should be a beast. :)
No problem, unfortunately it's back in the shop having the stock turbo put on cuz I keep getting random error codes and it goes into limp mode randomly and just the other day I got a pcm failure code which is not good so I'm going back to stock until I can get this all figured out.

• Wow
Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No problem, unfortunately it's back in the shop having the stock turbo put on cuz I keep getting random error codes and it goes into limp mode randomly and just the other day I got a pcm failure code which is not good so I'm going back to stock until I can get this all figured out.
Dam*! Sorry to hear that man. Hoping it all turns out well in the end.
Sponsored