First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ahahahaha says the guy whose tuned out to max and even has the flex fuel and still lost to a stock turbo ???
Rofl... keep on smoking that crack pipe. Glad to know you cant read 1/4 mile slips.
Sponsored

Edward

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Rofl... keep on smoking that crack pipe. Glad to know you cant read 1/4 mile slips.
Boy u lost against that myx dude ,doesn't matter u went solo faster in the 1/4 mile by yourself, when u went up against him u lost

Reactions: Myx

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Edward and Joe...

Sigh.... this wasnt about racing to see who got to the finish line first. It was about getting the fastest 1/4 mile time. Its called a test and tune session and not bracket racing.

Smh...

Look at the damn time slips and see the RTs. Do you even race at all or even know how to read slips?

Your responses clearly show you never have gone out to a dragstrip.

I see alot of keyboard typing but no time slips backing up your words. Go to the drag strip and pull your numbers. Let's see which setup is faster.

Now I will admit that Myx knows alot more about racing his car than I do. His trophies at bracket racing are a testament to his skills. I learned quite a bit when I met him and i have been practicing to improve my launches and acceleration.

If it's a racing bracket competition I wouldn't be too confident. I know I got a faster carm but his driver mod and racing experience give him a nice edge.

Now 1/4 mile passes I got a better chance since I know my car makes more power.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you need it simplified and dumbed down.

In that run.

13.482 to do 1/4 mile pass for my car.

13.706 to do a 1/4 mile pass for Myx car.

So my car takes less time to do 1/4 of a mile than Myx's car.

The slip had my reaction time at 0.643.

The slip had Myx reaction time at 0.035.

We know RT doesnt play a factor in 1/4mile time as it starts only when you cross that line not when light turns green.

So if this were bracket racing, then Myx got more than 1/2 second head start.

While my car is faster as you see in the 1/4 mile time, it is not fast enough to compensate for more than half a second hit off the line in a race to see who cross the finish line.

That's a pretty significant amount of time when racing.

However, I was not focused on bracket racing. My purpose was to test and tune the car while tweaking the VSA settings to see how the car would grip, launch, etc...

Think of it what you will.

If you want to argue that cost for performance that the gains didn't translate into much I can agree.

As I mention alot in the forums here, the money invested for the gains isnt the best.

Myx has a setup that's very much close to my speed and at a fraction of the cost.

Now reliability? Top end? Longevity? No one knows.

I wonder if the only way these folks would understand things is if you give me a 1/2s headstart off the line. @Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder if the only way these folks would understand things is if you give me a 1/2s headstart off the line. @Myx
Some don't! You have a faster car. There's no arguing that point. If we left the starting line at exactly the same time, my car would get a jump but your car would come around and pass me before the 1/4 mile ended. With our best runs in mind and everything else being equal.

In the meantime, the track will be opening next week. $150 to race on Friday and $100 for Test-N-Tune on Saturday. With no spectators! o_O

It'll be interesting to see how we'd pair up now, that I know how not to screw up my maps while datalogging at the strip. I'd like to test my Boostane tune against your setup.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So has anyone else taken their 27Won turbo (No flex fuel, street tires) to the track and gotten any 1/4 mile times and trap speeds? What did you get?

OP
OP

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
If you need it simplified and dumbed down.

In that run.

13.482 to do 1/4 mile pass for my car.

13.706 to do a 1/4 mile pass for Myx car.

So my car takes less time to do 1/4 of a mile than Myx's car.

The slip had my reaction time at 0.643.

The slip had Myx reaction time at 0.035.

We know RT doesnt play a factor in 1/4mile time as it starts only when you cross that line not when light turns green.

So if this were bracket racing, then Myx got more than 1/2 second head start.

While my car is faster as you see in the 1/4 mile time, it is not fast enough to compensate for more than half a second hit off the line in a race to see who cross the finish line.

That's a pretty significant amount of time when racing.

However, I was not focused on bracket racing. My purpose was to test and tune the car while tweaking the VSA settings to see how the car would grip, launch, etc...

Think of it what you will.

If you want to argue that cost for performance that the gains didn't translate into much I can agree.

As I mention alot in the forums here, the money invested for the gains isnt the best.

Myx has a setup that's very much close to my speed and at a fraction of the cost.

Now reliability? Top end? Longevity? No one knows.

All that money spent on mods and cant even gain on a half second..damn

Last edited:

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So has anyone else taken their 27Won turbo (No flex fuel, street tires) to the track and gotten any 1/4 mile times and trap speeds? What did you get?
@Myx you should see that Joe guy. Somehow he manages to go slower with the w1 turbo vs stock turbo. ????

Dude probably salty since his car slow af and has to come at me to make himself feel better.

Btw how's the build? Internals all ready to rock?

I need to call drob to set a date to dyno tune again with my 3 new mods.

I may need to build internals too with added power or maybe I can continue to add at top end.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@Myx you should see that Joe guy. Somehow he manages to go slower with the w1 turbo vs stock turbo. ????

Dude probably salty since his car slow af and has to come at me to make himself feel better.

I may need to build internals too with added power or maybe I can continue to add at top end.
Do you feel internals are necessary for your setup? Or is that for adding more low-end power where the stress on the rods is worse?

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you feel internals are necessary for your setup? Or is that for adding more low-end power where the stress on the rods is worse?
For more reliability and peace of mind definitely. I mean the stress still exists at high end but since I'm not always at 120+ all the time it's not stressed as often.

I'm pretty sure if I continue to beat on my car hard from down low my rods will probably give out or if I continue pushing the car at high speeds.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Myx
To be honest, I haven't checked since early July. It's a slow process from my end since it's only one guy in this shop. I'll be stopping by the shop at the end of August if he hasn't contacted me by then. At the end of June, my engine was being sent to a shop to be machined. The JE Pistons and Saenz rods were on their way at that time. I'm in no rush since I wouldn't be racing in this 90F+ heat wave anyways.

Between the heat wave and Covid causing tracks to be closed, this year absolutely sucks. It may be a precursor to me not racing anymore if this shi* is going to be the 'new normal'. ?

OP
OP

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda

Adding internals wont save you the half second that myx whopped your ass

• Haha
Reactions: Myx

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
.... at least he didn’t get spanked by a Stock Cruze...SMH