Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
If you were expecting a faster 0-60 time or a faster 1/4 mile time with the 27won turbo upgrade boy your in first a disappointed I confirmed with multiple people who had the 27won turbo and the all had a slower 0-60 time and a slower 1/4 mile time...the only time you'll see a faster output from the 27won turbo is probably when going a 1/2 mile racing which most people dont do...at least this is with the 27won turbo on a 1.5 cvt...
Sponsored

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It seems like you are severely misinformed. The W1 will make more power up top which is where you spend most of your time racing. Not only that but the stock turbo makes too much torque down low, most people with the cvt limit it to avoid ruining their trans. Unless this is different with the CVT because of the nature of the "fake gearing" I highly doubt you would not see a faster quarter mile. 0-60 could be about the same.

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
It seems like you are severely misinformed. The W1 will make more power up top which is where you spend most of your time racing. Not only that but the stock turbo makes too much torque down low, most people with the cvt limit it to avoid ruining their trans. Unless this is different with the CVT because of the nature of the "fake gearing" I highly doubt you would not see a faster quarter mile. 0-60 could be about the same.
I'm misinformed?
Here's a STOCK turbo cvt beating the hell outta the 27won turbo upgrade in a cvt

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So you're using one race to make a general statement about whether people should or shouldn't buy the W1.... You realize he said in his post he got a quicker reaction time and only ran a tenth of a second faster. Unless you have same car, same tire, same driver, etc.... It only means he went faster that day or he is better at the track. Race a W1 car from a roll with the same mods and I would bet a W1 would win. Unless it has something to do with the cvt specifically, but I wouldn't know there. I would never own a CVT, let alone mod one to go fast.

OP
OP

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
So you're using one race to make a general statement about whether people should or shouldn't buy the W1.... You realize he said in his post he got a quicker reaction time and only ran a tenth of a second faster. Unless you have same car, same tire, same driver, etc.... It only means he went faster that day or he is better at the track. Race a W1 car from a roll with the same mods and I would bet a W1 would win. Unless it has something to do with the cvt specifically, but I wouldn't know there. I would never own a CVT, let alone mod one to go fast.
Doesn't matter, a win is a win, I just prove to u that the stock turbo is faster than the 27won turbo on the cvt, yes it's one race but at least I have one proof of the stock turbo destroying the 27won turbo, wheres your proof of the 27won beating the stock turbo in a 0-60 or a 1/4 mile huh oh wait that's right there's none except words and numbers

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Doesn't matter, a win is a win, I just prove to u that the stock turbo is faster than the 27won turbo on the cvt, yes it's one race but at least I have one proof of the stock turbo destroying the 27won turbo, wheres your proof of the 27won beating the stock turbo in a 0-60 or a 1/4 mile huh oh wait that's right there's none except words and numbers
You sound like a child

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Big tubo = more time to spool. Smaller turbo = less time to spool. Just because he has a big turbo and makes more boost does not mean he is faster. It takes time for that power to build up. Now as for CVT I don't know crap about it

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t have a cvt but I do have a W1 turbo and my car is MUCH faster than before. The power band is totally different. These little stock turbos fall on their face up top, where mine now pulls all the way to rev limiter.

But this is on my Si, not a cvt and from my own experiences since I’ve dealt with both. What about you, what do you have? Do you have any experience with either? Don’t go making crazy claims with a YouTube video as your evidence. Just sayin:dunno:

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why waste time and money modding a civic. Save your money and get a s4 or rs3 or g70
Thats pretty broad, like any civic ever? I beg to differ if that’s the case.

Edward

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
I don’t have a cvt but I do have a W1 turbo and my car is MUCH faster than before. The power band is totally different. These little stock turbos fall on their face up top, where mine now pulls all the way to rev limiter.

But this is on my Si, not a cvt and from my own experiences since I’ve dealt with both. What about you, what do you have? Do you have any experience with either? Don’t go making crazy claims with a YouTube video as your evidence. Just sayin:dunno:
Unfortunately I recently created this account for that exact problem I'm having...it seems like the 27won turbo doesn't do the cvt 1.5 any good as my car also feel much slower now after installing it.....I was running 21 psi on ktuner and I would get a ton of wheel spin but when the tire grips it would throw me back into my seat now that I got 27won turbo on my car , there's no wheel spin anymore and the gar feels like my uncle 2.0L CVT ??? I wasted 1700$

Reactions: Myx

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unfortunately I recently created this account for that exact problem I'm having...it seems like the 27won turbo doesn't do the cvt 1.5 any good as my car also feel much slower now after installing it.....I was running 21 psi on ktuner and I would get a ton of wheel spin but when the tire grips it would throw me back into my seat now that I got 27won turbo on my car , there's no wheel spin anymore and the gar feels like my uncle 2.0L CVT ??? I wasted 1700$
did you even get a tune for the turbo? you dont get much out of one with out a tune
Sponsored