San_gabriel

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x SI coupe
Country flag
I contacted Vince from 27won, I mentioned a V2 W1 turbo and asked if it is something feasible. I noted that there could be some refinement to the W1 turbo like maybe a ceramic coating on the turbine housing, some porting to improve flow and clean up the inside casting, and maybe some reliability upgrades to handle higher boost.
He replied saying that porting probably isn’t recommended since it would weaken and compromise the integrity of the housing, thus showing the limitations of the design/casting. Maybe a more premium option could come? For the price, the 1W is a good option. But for people that want to push the drop in nature of the w1 without going with PRL big turbo kit, the design could use a refresh. Even if that means a next level tier and include 2 turbos in the lineup to fit budget.

Also given the fact that W1 has a billet compressor wheel, I’m intrigued with the idea of pre turbo water methanol injection. Not sure how this turbo would handle that system but would definitely give some performance boosts. And if their new turbo inlet pipe has a bung for wmi that would work nicely. Perhaps a hard anodize coating on the compressor wheel would add more protection. All ideas that should be considered by 27WON
Sponsored

TexasTurbo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I contacted Vince from 27won, I mentioned a V2 W1 turbo and asked if it is something feasible. I noted that there could be some refinement to the W1 turbo like maybe a ceramic coating on the turbine housing, some porting to improve flow and clean up the inside casting, and maybe some reliability upgrades to handle higher boost.
He replied saying that porting probably isn’t recommended since it would weaken and compromise the integrity of the housing, thus showing the limitations of the design/casting. Maybe a more premium option could come? For the price, the 1W is a good option. But for people that want to push the drop in nature of the w1 without going with PRL big turbo kit, the design could use a refresh. Even if that means a next level tier and include 2 turbos in the lineup to fit budget.

Also given the fact that W1 has a billet compressor wheel, I’m intrigued with the idea of pre turbo water methanol injection. Not sure how this turbo would handle that system but would definitely give some performance boosts. And if their new turbo inlet pipe has a bung for wmi that would work nicely. Perhaps a hard anodize coating on the compressor wheel would add more protection. All ideas that should be considered by 27WON
I agree 27won should consider expanding their lineup. Of course that takes time and RR $$ but the W1 does need a bigger brother. Something to compete with the PRL big turbo kit. Maybe a billet turbo? that would be pretty awesome. Reliability over performance has always been my #1. But you can always increase power while increasing strength.