27WON turbo upgrade on cvt?????

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
I can confirm atleast one CVT owner that has a dyno proven 250whp/246wtq on pump gas (octane unknown), but I know there is a handful of other CVT owners out, we just don't have their numbers.
To me, 250/246 seems a bit conservative unless the CVT is soaking up a bunch of power. I would need a datalog to really see and compare to a manual car datalog.

Looking at all other numbers we have (manual trans) been able to confirm the W1 is pretty damn consistent in delivering power.
Pump = ~275-290whp/280-300wtq
Emix = ~310-340whp/320-350wtq

Also, these are all in different locations, with different bolt-on's and different tuners. There is no "ideal" build from what we've seen other than the W1 turbo is the key performance part to make this power.
...that might change though with the 27WON intercooler and piping kit in the works ;)

250whp/246wtq!! now that's what I'm talking about!

Do you know what other modifications they had on their civic?

Deciding whether to get your full exhaust system (DP/FP/Exhaust) or drop in turbo first. Not sure what will help me achieve those numbers
Sponsored

Barett@27WON

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Barett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan, 2009 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
250whp/246wtq!! now that's what I'm talking about!

Do you know what other modifications they had on their civic?

Deciding whether to get your full exhaust system (DP/FP/Exhaust) or drop in turbo first. Not sure what will help me achieve those numbers
@Vincent@27WON do you have the detail on the CVT customer's car?

The drop-in turbo is going to be your biggest bang for the buck, but if you are looking for best power out the gate I would say turbo and downpipe, then pick up the rest of the exhaust later.

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Vincent@27WON do you have the detail on the CVT customer's car?

The drop-in turbo is going to be your biggest bang for the buck, but if you are looking for best power out the gate I would say turbo and downpipe, then pick up the rest of the exhaust later.
I bought my ktuner from you guys, does it have anything preloaded for your drop in turbos?

Barett@27WON

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Barett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan, 2009 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
I bought my ktuner from you guys, does it have anything preloaded for your drop in turbos?
There should be a base map for the W1 turbo, if it's not showing then do an update.

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So caught up on which upgrade I should get first, the turbo upgrade or the full turbo-back exhaust, both are around the same price point.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So caught up on which upgrade I should get first, the turbo upgrade or the full turbo-back exhaust, both are around the same price point.
You can't go wrong with either one. I would say the exhaust from a standpoint that it gives the car some more character because of the tone. Then after having it for a while and ready for that big bump in power the turbo will compliment it.

Rok Monky

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
To put my input in the hat, I am running full turbo back 27won exhaust (catless DP). If your end goal is to maximize power and ended up with the drop in turbo than set the car up for the turbo first. I am beyond happy with my exhaust set up. It brought new life to my car, the sound is awesome, the added performamce is felt on the first test drive, and I actually gained 2-3 miles per gallon. Aside from an intercooler ,which I’m deciding on now, my car is fbo. The bolt ons alone make the car so much more enjoyable and if you’re really wanting the turbo in the end you will have all the right pieces to truly maximize its potential.

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking at all other numbers we have (manual trans) been able to confirm the W1 is pretty damn consistent in delivering power.
Pump = ~275-290whp/280-300wtq
Emix = ~310-340whp/320-350wtq

Also, these are all in different locations, with different bolt-on's and different tuners. There is no "ideal" build from what we've seen other than the W1 turbo is the key performance part to make this power.
...that might change though with the 27WON intercooler and piping kit in the works ;)
THISSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!^^^
If you guys get an intercooler and piping kit, and setup affirm support, the moment you release the Coupe Si Exhuast, Ill be buying the whole kit.

kill4kandy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
THISSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!^^^
If you guys get an intercooler and piping kit, and setup affirm support, the moment you release the Coupe Si Exhuast, Ill be buying the whole kit.
You can still use affirm to buy parts from them, thats how I got my CAI from 27WON.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Don't everyone with a CVT (in North America) jump too hastily with upgrading turbos for more power.
Until someone provides more than theory or supposed owner claims of power numbers without solid fact findings (with engineering to support those claims) related to a CVT 1.5L; then, they are just as is - "a claim".

This is Fact:
Not one single tuner/developer has reported the testing of an aftermarket turbo on a CVT - not one.
Even if you do, power is limited to what the CVT can operate at safely. The stock turbo on already available tunes achieves that.

How somone obtained a solid power figure on a Dyno with a CVT is beyond comprehension. Perhaps it was a "street tune" (E-Tune) in the vehicle's own environment; but on a Dyno very unlikely.
What someone does overseas, is not in the Continental United States. Begin with some SOLID proofing there and leave the other markets to their own devices.

Last edited:

kill4kandy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You have to go through the affirm website. Once you create an account you can shop. It will ask you to prequalify and then search for 27won on the site. It will let you use a virtual card to purchase from 27won instead since 27won isn't an option itself.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't everyone with a CVT (in North America) jump too hastily with upgrading turbos for more power.
Until someone provides more than theory or supposed owner claims of power numbers without solid fact findings (with engineering to support those claims) related to a CVT 1.5L; then, they are just as is - "a claim".

This is Fact:
Not one single tuner/developer has reported the testing of an aftermarket turbo on a CVT - not one.

How somone obtained a solid power figure on a Dyno with a CVT is beyond comprehension. Perhaps it was a "street tune" (E-Tune) in the vehicle's own environment; but on a Dyno very unlikely.
What someone does overseas, is not in the Continental United States. Begin with some SOLID proofing there and leave the other markets to their own devices.

I'm with you on this one. Been looking (and still is) on someone with a turbo upgrade on a CVT and Ktuner base map to see a before and after difference. Looking for the track specifically or a dyno plot to see the power difference throughout the power range. Thanks for posting what I've been thinking thusfar.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Myx here is our most recent customer to get a W1 on his CVT car. Tuned out of Texas. Shipping another one today for a customer in MO. Have about a dozen or so CVT W1 equipped cars.

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON turbo upgrade on cvt????? W1 CVT julio Chavez

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON turbo upgrade on cvt????? Julio Chavez, W1 CVT