First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
  • Banned
Hi I'm planning on getting a 27won turbo upgrade but I'm worried if it'll be safe and not break the car because of the extra power? Also I have a prl catted downpipe and prl cai install running ktuner 21 starter map....is it worth getting it...can anyone who already have it on their cvt 1.5 turbo chime in please...did it .ake your car faster from 0-60 and how's the reliability? Thanks
Sponsored

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hi I'm planning on getting a 27won turbo upgrade but I'm worried if it'll be safe and not break the car because of the extra power? Also I have a prl catted downpipe and prl cai install running ktuner 21 starter map....is it worth getting it...can anyone who already have it on their cvt 1.5 turbo chime in please...did it .ake your car faster from 0-60 and how's the reliability? Thanks
So there is actually a whole "W1 on CVT" thread in the 27Won vendor subforum, but I can answer your questions real quick. If you get the W1, you will need to get it custom tuned, a turbo isn't a normal bolt-on thing that is plug and play. It will probably take your car 0-60 faster if you go WOT constantly, but in normal day to day driving will actually be a bit slower because the larger turbo means more time to fully spool. Dyno charts of the W1 show that power and torque are lower than the stock turbo until around 5k RPMs at which point it really hits it's stride. This is mostly speculation, but several people have said that since the larger turbo moves the torque to the higher RPM range, there is little chance it will damage the CVT or reduce it's life span. Going WOT constantly on the CVT will reduce it though.

I'd suggest looking into a FMIC rather than the turbo, or things like a RMM, FSB, upgraded suspension if you want to change the way your car feels when driven without adding more power.

OP
OP

Barry

Banned
Banned
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
  • Banned
So there is actually a whole "W1 on CVT" thread in the 27Won vendor subforum, but I can answer your questions real quick. If you get the W1, you will need to get it custom tuned, a turbo isn't a normal bolt-on thing that is plug and play. It will probably take your car 0-60 faster if you go WOT constantly, but in normal day to day driving will actually be a bit slower because the larger turbo means more time to fully spool. Dyno charts of the W1 show that power and torque are lower than the stock turbo until around 5k RPMs at which point it really hits it's stride. This is mostly speculation, but several people have said that since the larger turbo moves the torque to the higher RPM range, there is little chance it will damage the CVT or reduce it's life span. Going WOT constantly on the CVT will reduce it though.

I'd suggest looking into a FMIC rather than the turbo, or things like a RMM, FSB, upgraded suspension if you want to change the way your car feels when driven without adding more power.
Hi thanks your your answer but what is FMIC, RMM AND FSB? Sorry if its obvious but I'm completely new to car stuff thanks

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hi thanks your your answer but what is FMIC, RMM AND FSB? Sorry if its obvious but I'm completely new to car stuff thanks
FMIC: front mounted Intercooler
RMM: rear motor mount (Honda calls it a torque mount)
FSB: front strut bar

Id go with a tuning device first. Best bang for your buck in horsepower to $$$ ratio. If you do not want to tune your car then a PRL Street cold air intake or the prl intercooler

OP
OP

Barry

Banned
Banned
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
  • Banned
FMIC: front mounted Intercooler
RMM: rear motor mount (Honda calls it a torque mount)
FSB: front strut bar

Id go with a tuning device first. Best bang for your buck in horsepower to $$$ ratio. If you do not want to tune your car then a PRL Street cold air intake or the prl intercooler
Thank you, I actually got this one....someone told not to get the front one , they said that the rear one would make the car feel better idk haven't installed it yet

Honda Civic 10th gen 27won turbo upgrade CVT Screenshot_20200416-204900_Samsung Internet

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
That is a RSB (rear sway bar), which definitely will help with driving feel by tightening up the rear suspension a bit and putting more feedback into the chassis. A Front Strut Bar (sometimes front strut tower bar) does something similar for the front of your chassis, tightening up the engine bay to prevent chassis roll from the largely empty front area. Both the RSB and FSB will mostly be felt in turns at speed and twisty roads. If you mostly commute on the highway, I'd be surprised if you feel much of a difference.

A rear motor mount replaces the plastic and rubber bushings from the mount on the rear of your motor to the chassis (thus the name) with a stiffer metal piece. This will greatly increase NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) inside of the vehicle, but also improves driving feel, prevents wheel hop when accelerating, and in general people say it makes the vehicle feel more "alive".

Your FMIC (front mounted intercooler) is responsible for cooling the extremely hot air coming from your turbo before it goes into your engine. Because a turbocharger uses exhaust gases (super hot) to compress air (which increases temperatures even more), a well functioning intercooler can have a dramatic difference on the performance of your engine in hot temperatures or prolonged use. The stock intercooler works...okay. But it's tiny in every dimension and has really bad heat soak (the intercooler can't cool down between acceleration) which can cause engine performance to be decreased. Since you're running the Ktuner 21 stock tune, your turbo will be pushing higher pressures, which means higher temps, and a better intercooler will definitely help you out.

OP
OP

Barry

Banned
Banned
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
  • Banned
That is a RSB (rear sway bar), which definitely will help with driving feel by tightening up the rear suspension a bit and putting more feedback into the chassis. A Front Strut Bar (sometimes front strut tower bar) does something similar for the front of your chassis, tightening up the engine bay to prevent chassis roll from the largely empty front area. Both the RSB and FSB will mostly be felt in turns at speed and twisty roads. If you mostly commute on the highway, I'd be surprised if you feel much of a difference.

A rear motor mount replaces the plastic and rubber bushings from the mount on the rear of your motor to the chassis (thus the name) with a stiffer metal piece. This will greatly increase NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) inside of the vehicle, but also improves driving feel, prevents wheel hop when accelerating, and in general people say it makes the vehicle feel more "alive".

Your FMIC (front mounted intercooler) is responsible for cooling the extremely hot air coming from your turbo before it goes into your engine. Because a turbocharger uses exhaust gases (super hot) to compress air (which increases temperatures even more), a well functioning intercooler can have a dramatic difference on the performance of your engine in hot temperatures or prolonged use. The stock intercooler works...okay. But it's tiny in every dimension and has really bad heat soak (the intercooler can't cool down between acceleration) which can cause engine performance to be decreased. Since you're running the Ktuner 21 stock tune, your turbo will be pushing higher pressures, which means higher temps, and a better intercooler will definitely help you out.
Unfortunately I will not do the rmm thing I see people says the vibration is unbearable especially in cvt's

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Unfortunately I will not do the rmm thing I see people says the vibration is unbearable especially in cvt's
You don’t have to go full aftermarket with the rmm. You could try a manual si mount. It’s constructed of cast aluminum and has rubber bushings that aren’t rock hard as the aftermarket ones but stiffer than the plastic cvt one. If you like I have my si mount I can show you pics. He’ll I’d even let you have it if you just pay shipping.
Sponsored