First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 27Won turbo has been out a while. The newness has worn off and many have had time to live with it. How about a few brief report cards from some of the people who have been using it. I am especially interested in how the appx 500 rpm loss of power in the lower revs vs stock turbo affects Daily Driving. I am also interested if anybody ran the stock turbo with flex fuel before upgrading and that comparison. Off course, anybody with the PRL kit are welcomed with their new impressions too!
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As an owner of the PRL kit with the GTX2860R Gen II turbo, I can tell you that the slightly later spool is not an issue at all when daily driving, and likely a good thing for those of us that are pushing these engines as hard as the factory fuel system will allow.

OP
OP
10GenPearlSi

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also interested in how much luck have you had with getting up to 340 whp to the ground under legal speeds.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Also interested in how much luck have you had with getting up to 340 whp to the ground under legal speeds.
With the 27won turbo, you retain the electronic wastegate so you can adjust boost by gear for traction purposes. Remember in 1st gear you probably won't be making full power if you want to preserve your transmission, it's also not HP you should be worried about putting down, it's all that torque. :) Good tires, an RMM at least, and some lightweight wheels go along way in helping with traction to put down the power though.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's not really an issue at higher RPMS with decent tires and the Si LSD. Torque levels are not crazy at that point.

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I've been tuning cars with the 27Won turbo since the release, and have found them to be a great upgrade to the stock turbo for the confines of the stock fuel system with an ethanol blended fuel.

After purchasing a unit for my personal car and getting some one-on-one seat time, I must say the difference down low is fairly substantial, in terms of part throttle response, compared to the stock turbocharger. The stock turbo does a good job of making the 1.5 liter engine feel like a bigger, angrier engine at medium load under 3,000rpm. The 27Won, while looking like it's only a small decrease in response on a dyno plot has a noticeably different response rate when not loaded down at WOT below about 3,500rpm.

That being said, I feel the juice is indeed worth the squeeze. It carries power to beyond the factory rev limit, and retains all the standard bolt on modifications. I think the only thing that would improve the W1 would be a ball-bearing CHRA.

I haven't driven a PRL setup yet (since all the ones I've tuned have been via email or remotely), but I look forward to it.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been tuning cars with the 27Won turbo since the release, and have found them to be a great upgrade to the stock turbo for the confines of the stock fuel system with an ethanol blended fuel.

After purchasing a unit for my personal car and getting some one-on-one seat time, I must say the difference down low is fairly substantial, in terms of part throttle response, compared to the stock turbocharger. The stock turbo does a good job of making the 1.5 liter engine feel like a bigger, angrier engine at medium load under 3,000rpm. The 27Won, while looking like it's only a small decrease in response on a dyno plot has a noticeably different response rate when not loaded down at WOT below about 3,500rpm.

That being said, I feel the juice is indeed worth the squeeze. It carries power to beyond the factory rev limit, and retains all the standard bolt on modifications. I think the only thing that would improve the W1 would be a ball-bearing CHRA.

I haven't driven a PRL setup yet (since all the ones I've tuned have been via email or remotely), but I look forward to it.
I heard a rumor that 27Won will be offering different CHRA soon lol

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

Do the prl setups go past the factory fuel systems capabilities?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

Well you'll have your hands on one in may ;)

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Oh yeah. It's got potential to max out the fuel system on 35% ethanol at low boost levels.

I'll actually have one here in person in a few weeks. :)
Nooo! Good for you tho! :)

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh yeah. It's got potential to max out the fuel system on 35% ethanol at low boost levels.

I'll actually have one here in person in a few weeks. :)
Thats me. Derek tuned my car which has the PRL turbo kit in it. GTX 2860R Gen2. I can say that the car feels HELLA fast once boost kicks in, which really isn't terribly past when the stock turbo kicks in. Peak torque on my stock turbo hit at ~3500 RPM and peak torque on the upgraded turbo hits at 4400 RPM. The difference in kick though is dramatic, definitely feel more pushed into the back of the seat and the power DOES NOT STOP. I'm having trouble getting good datalogs because all the roads around me that i used to be able to rev out to redline have seriously shrunk with the bigger top end.

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I am one of the first to have the W1 turbo. I have #9 from the first batch. Ive put about 8k miles on it. Derek Etuned my car. FBO, flex and fx350. I have loved it since day 1. Would be awesome if @Vincent@27WON and crew made an update for the CHRA to be ball bearing. No complaints here. Love how it pulls all the way to 7k rpms without power dropping.

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had it on my Sport since October and got it tuned by Derek. Loving it so far.. I don't have any complaints with low RPM's because when I want to get on it, it picks up pretty quick! I'm a pretty conservative driver that wanted a quick car for occasional track days.. the W1 is helping me get there.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I've had it on my Sport since October and got it tuned by Derek. Loving it so far.. I don't have any complaints with low RPM's because when I want to get on it, it picks up pretty quick! I'm a pretty conservative driver that wanted a quick car for occasional track days.. the W1 is helping me get there.
I think someone asked this already, but how noticeable of a power boost is going from a tsp stage 2 to a w1 drop in? If I wanted to keep my downpipe stock, ( don’t want much louder already have greddy catback), would i be losing out on a good amount of power ?
Sponsored