First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guessing that unless someone has an awesome tuner that this is not for CVT models?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Cvt’s are boring, weak AF, and there’s no upgrades available. This is not some beefy DSG tranny! Enjoy your little commuter car. If you wanted to be serious with the mod life you should have gotten the manual.

*edit The stock turbocharger can blow the cvt tranny easily so why add a bigger one!?

Last edited:

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cvt’s are boring, weak AF, and there’s no upgrades available. This is not some beefy DSG tranny! Enjoy your little commuter car. If you wanted to be serious with the mod life you should have gotten the manual.

*edit The stock turbocharger can blow the cvt tranny easily so why add a bigger one!?
:spam::spam:

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag

Unkind spoken truth is unkind

also accurate

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unkind spoken truth is unkind

also accurate
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, not their own facts. The two are mutually exclusive, and neither require tag-along condescension or meanness. I appreciate the truth in fact answer from @MavicTB to my question. Did not appreciate drudging through the bitchy bs from others. Just because mommy and daddy didn't give enough hugs and praise, we're not conversing IRL, doesn't mean others don't deserve respectful replies.

I thoroughly enjoyed performing my own pipe upgrade, and I recalled VIT's turbo mod could be worked with via tune to ease into torque for CVTs. I was curious if a turbo swap could receive the same treatment. With 260tq as the known no-no zone for the CVTs and with the speculated power output numbers from this turbo being installed, it seems conceivable that a CVT could still gain power on the high end. I'm guessing the mean spirited trolls don't math too well... there is an arithmetic relation between RPMs and torque that yields HP. So my thought was based on suspected fact... not ignorant opinion. </rant>

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, not their own facts. The two are mutually exclusive, and neither require tag-along condescension or meanness. I appreciate the truth in fact answer from @MavicTB to my question. Did not appreciate drudging through the bitchy bs from others. Just because mommy and daddy didn't give enough hugs and praise, we're not conversing IRL, doesn't mean others don't deserve respectful replies.

I thoroughly enjoyed performing my own pipe upgrade, and I recalled VIT's turbo mod could be worked with via tune to ease into torque for CVTs. I was curious if a turbo swap could receive the same treatment. With 260tq as the known no-no zone for the CVTs and with the speculated power output numbers from this turbo being installed, it seems conceivable that a CVT could still gain power on the high end. I'm guessing the mean spirited trolls don't math too well... there is an arithmetic relation between RPMs and torque that yields HP. So my thought was based on suspected fact... not ignorant opinion. </rant>
If anything, a larger turbocharger is going to be more kind to the CVT. While overall HP may be limited when compared to the 6MT potential, I absolutely expect this turbo to offer significant HP gains for CVT users.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
If anything, a larger turbocharger is going to be more kind to the CVT. While overall HP may be limited when compared to the 6MT potential, I absolutely expect this turbo to offer significant HP gains for CVT users.
Are you saying to torque limits of the CVT are related to operational speed and not overall torque limits? I have read that is the case with the stock rods, but this is the first I am reading of this regarding the CVT. Are there documented posts and sources I should be aware of?

Well then if that is the case... I expect there should be a ton of turbo upgrades sold to CVT users as there are far more CVT based 1.5t civics sold compared to manuals.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you saying to torque limits of the CVT are related to operational speed and not overall torque limits? I have read that is the case with the stock rods, but this is the first I am reading of this regarding the CVT. Are there documented posts and sources I should be aware of?

Well then if that is the case... I expect there should be a ton of turbo upgrades sold to CVT users as there are far more CVT based 1.5t civics sold compared to manuals.
I was seconding the point @IronFusion was trying to get across.

(RPM * Torque) / 5252=HP

For example, if a better flowing turbocharger produced a peak torque value of 260 ft lbs at 6000 RPM, 297 horsepower would be produced. 260 ft lbs of torque at 6000 RPM is much easier on the rods than 260 ft lbs of torque at 3000 RPM. This is why you hear all the talk about "moving the torque curve to the right".
Sponsored