5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
Yes. I installed the TIP with my cobra. 27won created an option to hook up to PRL intake, stock, or 27won. They are just fucking cool like that. Plus it was smart move to be able to sell their product to people that run other intakes.
I wonder if i can run my K&N off that TIP???

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
mine will be here in a few days, how shitty is the install?? :( i remember taking off the stock tip for the 27won DP install, didnt like it...

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
mine will be here in a few days, how shitty is the install?? :( i remember taking off the stock tip for the 27won DP install, didnt like it...
It will take some time. This one needs a lot of patience. Having a variety of lengths of extensions will help out getting the bolts that attach the tip to the turbo is important. I had my undertray off at the same time so it wasn’t a big deal if I dropped a bolt. One thing I did was use a piece of tape or plastic inside the socket to help keep the bolt in the socket when trying to install the bolts.

The hardest part is getting the new TIP in between the AC line and the turbo wastegate. I scuffed my pipe up quite a bit in the inner bend trying to make it fit, looking at other people photos on here I can tell they did the same. I found being that pushing the AC line out of the way a bit more aggressively helps. Their instructions point out that line to be aware of. It’s a tight fit. Good luck!

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
It’s a very tight fit, and it can be a huge pain trying to get the bolts in on the under side of the TIP. Visibility is basically zero and you just have to feel your way through it. I picked up a magnet on a stick that helped a lot when trying to get the bolts in or retrieving bolts I dropped. Good luck!

ATLATL

2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag
I can say this.

I do have the full performance upgrades from 27won. Up until about 58,000 km (before installing the TIP) i have little to no clutch slip on the stock oem clutch/flywheel.

This includes the following: (All 27won)
- Intake
- catted dp/fp
- exhaust
- intercooler
- w1 turbo
- rmm (removed for winter will be going back on soon)

Installed the TIP yesterday and in WOT I'm slipping in every gear this was just enough to put me over the top.

The motor definitely feels smoother as you have less restrictive airflow to the turbo and out the exhaust. All components are aiding in a thorough powerband.

So very soon a new clutch will be going in.

Yes the stock turbo will be restrictive and will be very minor improvement.

I'll post more pictures in my build thread.

20200509_134435.jpg

20200509_141709.jpg

20200509_160857.jpg

20200509_160926.jpg
Question for you - I live in Michigan so also going into winter right now. I have the 27WON RMM installed currently. In the colder weather, did you notice the NVH is much louder from the RMM? Is that why you remove it for winter?

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question for you - I live in Michigan so also going into winter right now. I have the 27WON RMM installed currently. In the colder weather, did you notice the NVH is much louder from the RMM? Is that why you remove it for winter?
Any motor mount would be rougher on cold start especially in colder climate. 27won probably has the most nvh in colder weather but you get used to it.

I swapped out because of family. I tend to use it during warmer months.

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did installing the TIP have any effect to the sound of the turbo spooling?
Thanks!

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
So I’ve got a situation here…

I have the TIP and the W1 ready to be installed on my 1.5 hatch.

But I won’t be able to get it tuned properly for some time. I feel like I already know the answer but what would you guys do, wait to install both parts imminently before tuning? Or go ahead and install the TIP for now.. it obviously has to come right back out to get the turbo in…

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I’ve got a situation here…

I have the TIP and the W1 ready to be installed on my 1.5 hatch.

But I won’t be able to get it tuned properly for some time. I feel like I already know the answer but what would you guys do, wait to install both parts imminently before tuning? Or go ahead and install the TIP for now.. it obviously has to come right back out to get the turbo in…
I'd wait. It's a very time consuming job. I did my downpipe 2 times. And I'm currently holding off on installing my TIP until I figure out what DP to go with. From here. I don't want to have to take everything any more then absolutely necessary.
Every time stuff is taken apart you increase the chances of (damage, loss of hardware ect.)

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I’m tending to agree.

I feel like if I’m going to do a downpipe front pipe I should do the TIP, W1, and those all together when my catback exhaust arrives…

the money factor is kinda shocking but it’s almost like if I’m ever going to start taking everything off I might as well do it all at the same time.

Can the W1 be installed and run with no tune? Obviously there will be no where near optimized gains but CAN it be done

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I'd wait. It's a very time consuming job. I did my downpipe 2 times. And I'm currently holding off on installing my TIP until I figure out what DP to go with. From here. I don't want to have to take everything any more then absolutely necessary.
Every time stuff is taken apart you increase the chances of (damage, loss of hardware ect.)
Highly recommend upgrading to rampage titanium studs if you plan to remove the DP more than once.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m tending to agree.

I feel like if I’m going to do a downpipe front pipe I should do the TIP, W1, and those all together when my catback exhaust arrives…

the money factor is kinda shocking but it’s almost like if I’m ever going to start taking everything off I might as well do it all at the same time.

Can the W1 be installed and run with no tune? Obviously there will be no where near optimized gains but CAN it be done
Yes it can. KTuner has a basemap for the W1. I ran mine for like 2 months before I got the custom tune. Just don’t beat or drive your car very hard until you can get a proper tune and you should be fine.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did installing the TIP have any effect to the sound of the turbo spooling?
Thanks!
Yes definitely. Turbo spool is much more defined and audible. No more bottlenecks for air flow
Sponsored