Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Looks great but wont that raw part rust over time? Might need some kind of clear coat.
Aluminum doesn't rust. If steel then yes. Could def clear though for added protection.

Advertisement

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Sport Touring Hatchback 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Do you have any tips on how to get those 4 volts for removal of the stock TIP? I can't even see them...
The tip to turbo bolt? I used a combination of different ratchet extensions and felt them out with my fingers then slipped the socket onto them. Was a pain but def possible. If you have a little mirror you could use that to see, I did not but would've been helpful. I put the extension and socket onto bolt/nut first then attached the ratchet while holding extension... If I recall correctly. Be careful not to drop the nuts/bolts especially when installing new tip.

OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Do you have any tips on how to get those 4 volts for removal of the stock TIP? I can't even see them...
Also when installing new tip, the nut closet to radiator is a pain to get in, I ended up putting a piece of tape in socket to hold the nut while finding stud, otherwise it would fall out.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The tip to turbo bolt? I used a combination of different ratchet extensions and felt them out with my fingers then slipped the socket onto them. Was a pain but def possible. If you have a little mirror you could use that to see, I did not but would've been helpful. I put the extension and socket onto bolt/nut first then attached the ratchet while holding extension... If I recall correctly. Be careful not to drop the nuts/bolts especially when installing new tip.
Yeah I've found 3 of 4. It feels like my 12 mil socket is too large to get between the BPV and the belt pulley for the last one though :( I'm so close!

OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah I've found 3 of 4. It feels like my 12 mil socket is too large to get between the BPV and the belt pulley for the last one though :( I'm so close!
Should be able to get in there, try putting the socket on first by itself then attaching extension maybe? I think I used a deep socket, can't remember exactly though. You'll get it just have to try a few different combinations of sockets and extension.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Should be able to get in there, try putting the socket on first by itself then attaching extension maybe? I think I used a deep socket, can't remember exactly though. You'll get it just have to try a few different combinations of sockets and extension.
Hahaha I finally got it. Thanks for the encouragement. Let's see about getting the new one on now...

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic '18 Hatchback Sport MT, Modded C6 Corvette MT
Country flag
So I don't have files on hand but I do have a dremel (I know lol...). Didn't turn out as clean as yours but I think it looks really good still. Great idea!!

20200802_102551.jpg
For a flat finish, sanding block is handy. And depending on how anal you are, mirror finish on lettering can be achieve by gradually using higher grade abrasive + micron compound polish. Then, clear coat mirror finish and freeze it in time.

I have done that on my Corvette's aluminum valve covers and coated with POR15, two part clear after mirror polish was achieved. Covers are still pristine and it is close to a decade.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How's the install?
I'm done for today! Got everything off the car needed to do the TIP + FMIC + CAI. Additionally I decided to insulate and paint my heatshields and wrap my downpipe. Tomorrow everything goes back in. Starting with the turbo blanket.

20200802_160038.jpg
20200802_163131.jpg
20200802_181535.jpg

OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm done for today! Got everything off the car needed to do the TIP + FMIC + CAI. Additionally I decided to insulate and paint my heatshields and wrap my downpipe. Tomorrow everything goes back in. Starting with the turbo blanket.

20200802_160038.jpg
20200802_163131.jpg
20200802_181535.jpg
Nice. I have my fmic, and a few other parts to do Friday the 14th.

[email protected]

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Car(s)
19 Ruckus, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used 2 files, the first was more aggressive the second less aggressive for a smooth finish. Filing only works going in the forward direction so I held the file at about a 45 degree angle using 2 hands make smooth long strokes from front to back of logo, starting at the N and ending at the 2. Very light pressure you will see the powder coat start to come off, keep going until you see metal. You will have to go over it a bunch of time to remove the powder coat evenly and get the metal filed evenly. Keep the file flat and be patient. Really only took 10 mins. I attached pic of the angle I held file and the motion. I used single cut file not cross. Will have to move the point of contact up and down to remove even amount from the top of letter to the bottom. Hope this makes sense. Move the file slow use 2 hands and keep file flat. You should be fine.

20200801_200616.jpg

20200801_200619.jpg

20200801_200302.jpg
props on giving it a custom finish.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice. I have my fmic, and a few other parts to do Friday the 14th.
Hey, got it all installed today. Those TIP bolts were a mother lol. Also had a weird issue where my factory stud wasn't in the positions the instruction said so I had to double-nut the OE stud out. Took forever.... anyway, looks great and sounds even better so I'm happy!
20200804_171953.jpg

OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey, got it all installed today. Those TIP bolts were a mother lol. Also had a weird issue where my factory stud wasn't in the positions the instruction said so I had to double-nut the OE stud out. Took forever.... anyway, looks great and sounds even better so I'm happy!
20200804_171953.jpg
Good to hear man! Enjoy.

Advertisement

Advertisement