Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wondering..

With the 27WON turbo, can we use VitTuned Stage 2 tune with it with any ill effects?
I get that its better to get a custom tune, but I was just curious is all.
Sponsored

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I believe they have it set up so you can use any tune with this turbo to get you to a tuner, but doing a decent pull would be dangerous and possibly catastrophic.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I believe they have it set up so you can use any tune with this turbo to get you to a tuner, but doing a decent pull would be dangerous and possibly catastrophic.
Pretty much any turbo upgrade without a tune falls under the "stay out of boost and drive directly to a tuner if you must drive it". Back in my 2002 WRX the basemaps for each turbo (FP16, FP Green, VF34, VF 39, 18g) were perfectly safe to drive on. But every car is different.

I'd recommend you find a tuner who can remotely tune you via datalogs, or find a tuner in your area who can tune your car directly. It's worth considering that the very act of tuning, in itself, is risky. When the car leans out or goes pig rich for a single run.... it would be better if that didn't happen. If it only happens once, that's certainly better than it happening repeatedly. Some people can hear the sound of misfire and knock better than others. I'll admit I can't hear it. But the datalogs are a reliable method for tuning, only less preferable than having the car tuned live since a human tuner can back off the throttle more intelligently.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Just wondering..

With the 27WON turbo, can we use VitTuned Stage 2 tune with it with any ill effects?
I get that its better to get a custom tune, but I was just curious is all.
Bad idea. Not safe.

The 27Won base maps are great to start with but they are only offered for Hondata so far. Beyond that, you'll want a custom tune from someone experienced with this platform. Our tuner Derek has worked with the W1 and has had great results. We are able to offer both standard and Flex Fuel tunes for the W1 turbocharger.

Tahjo7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatch
Country flag
Bad idea. Not safe.

The 27Won base maps are great to start with but they are only offered for Hondata so far. Beyond that, you'll want a custom tune from someone experienced with this platform. Our tuner Derek has worked with the W1 and has had great results. We are able to offer both standard and Flex Fuel tunes for the W1 turbocharger.
Any tunes for the 27won with the cvt civic?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
It is worth it! I got to 306 HP. With the right tune it offers a very substantial improvement in driving experience.
Can you post datalogs? What are your AFR and Knock looking like?
Sponsored