Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes! Pick whichever you want.
So like go ahead and pick the PRL Cobra street? Also, would wrapping it help with temps?
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So like go ahead and pick the PRL Cobra street? Also, would wrapping it help with temps?
Sure, picking the PRL street is fine. Wrapping it will help in that it prevents the hot radiator air that is blowing on it from heating it up as quick. If hot air is still being sucked in at the air filter, that's a different story.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sure, picking the PRL street is fine. Wrapping it will help in that it prevents the hot radiator air that is blowing on it from heating it up as quick. If hot air is still being sucked in at the air filter, that's a different story.
I have the PRL catted DP and there's a small gap between the stock turbo heatshield and the DP heatshield. With the stock DP there was no gap and the IAT has risen. Given that its a CRV and not a civic, the filter aint as close to the turbo and there's more room in general. I used to get about 4 to 5 degrees celcius over ambient while on the move, now I am 7 to 8 over ambient. If wrapping helps even a bit, it d be great to know so I can do it prior to installing. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: Myx

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Question for @Vincent@27WON regarding the TIP. I read that a custom tune is not required for the TIP if used in conjunction with the 27won CAI and OE MAF, but is an ECU reset required? And does reflashing and installing a tune also reset the ECU and initiate a relearn procedure?

For background, I have a 2019 Si w/ 27won CAI (OE "street" MAF), 27Won TIP, and Ktuner v1.2 w/Phearable Stage 1.5 tune. No other engine mods.

I was planning on updating my ktuner to take advantage of the new end user options of adjusting the throttle padding and rev hang delete settings. Wondering if I need to do anything else besides a reflash.

Thanks in advance!

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question for @Vincent@27WON regarding the TIP. I read that a custom tune is not required for the TIP if used in conjunction with the 27won CAI and OE MAF, but is an ECU reset required? And does reflashing and installing a tune also reset the ECU and initiate a relearn procedure?

For background, I have a 2019 Si w/ 27won CAI (OE "street" MAF), 27Won TIP, and Ktuner v1.2 w/Phearable Stage 1.5 tune. No other engine mods.

I was planning on updating my ktuner to take advantage of the new end user options of adjusting the throttle padding and rev hang delete settings. Wondering if I need to do anything else besides a reflash.

Thanks in advance!
No really. You can just bolt in and go.

That being said a custom tune with the addition of any part is the way to go. I had a really good write up here somewhere in regards to tuning for parts. Just don't remember what thread I put it in.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
No really. You can just bolt in and go.

That being said a custom tune with the addition of any part is the way to go. I had a really good write up here somewhere in regards to tuning for parts. Just don't remember what thread I put it in.
Thanks for your reply! The car has been behaving normally since I've installed the TIP, but I will certainly be going the custom tune route after some more bolt-ons and clutch upgrade.
Sponsored