20ls01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RRRRRRR
Country flag
Anyone try this version over their original orange race version?

Would like some thoughts on NVH with this one!
Sponsored

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I have it. Maybe 2k miles in and the NVH has come down about 75%.

I will say this - when I installed it, I also did my cat back exhaust at the same time.

Upon startup the NVH was insane. I was actually thinking I had made a big mistake. Can’t say for sure which was contributing more, exhaust or mount. There was also a spot around 2k rpm where the mirror was vibrating so violently I couldn’t really see out it.

Still getting a ton of NVH on startup but it drops off immensely when the car is warm. Driving now is totally fine, even at that 2k rpm sweet spot.

My car has a ton of bracing so it’s quite stiff, maybe that affected me somewhat. I feel like the race mount must be teeth chattering and I’m glad I didn’t go with that one.

OP
OP

20ls01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RRRRRRR
Country flag
I have it. Maybe 2k miles in and the NVH has come down about 75%.

I will say this - when I installed it, I also did my cat back exhaust at the same time.

Upon startup the NVH was insane. I was actually thinking I had made a big mistake. Can’t say for sure which was contributing more, exhaust or mount. There was also a spot around 2k rpm where the mirror was vibrating so violently I couldn’t really see out it.

Still getting a ton of NVH on startup but it drops off immensely when the car is warm. Driving now is totally fine, even at that 2k rpm sweet spot.

My car has a ton of bracing so it’s quite stiff, maybe that affected me somewhat. I feel like the race mount must be teeth chattering and I’m glad I didn’t go with that one.
Thanks for the feedback! Very helpful

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
Installed about 300 miles ago, definitely some vibrations but like he mentioned above, I also installed my catback at the same time (hks legamax). I can't tell which one or both are the reason. On initial cold start it's more noticeable but once warmed, goes down. Going from a start, I noticed the vibration disorienting the rear view mirror. I'm sure it'll calm down once more miles are on it. I definitely wouldn't go any stiffer than this one.

Waiting to finish up my tuning and see how it handles 450-500whp
Honda Civic 10th gen 27won street version rear motor mount 20210731_111259

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Installed about 300 miles ago, definitely some vibrations but like he mentioned above, I also installed my catback at the same time (hks legamax). I can't tell which one or both are the reason. On initial cold start it's more noticeable but once warmed, goes down. Going from a start, I noticed the vibration disorienting the rear view mirror. I'm sure it'll calm down once more miles are on it. I definitely wouldn't go any stiffer than this one.

Waiting to finish up my tuning and see how it handles 450-500whp
20210731_111259.jpg
Nice number goals! What is your setup?

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
@BoostedDreams FBOs, hondata fsu, rampage maf, rampage gen 2 rs450 turbo. Just got my prl flex kit yesterday. Waiting on bracket to install it with mishimoto catchcan, arrives tomorrow.

Honda Civic 10th gen 27won street version rear motor mount 20210807_200444

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
@BoostedDreams FBOs, hondata fsu, rampage maf, rampage gen 2 rs450 turbo. Just got my prl flex kit yesterday. Waiting on bracket to install it with mishimoto catchcan, arrives tomorrow.

20210807_200444.jpg
Wow that is a beautiful wish list setup. I see you have the PTP downpipe blanket too. Do you know if those are a universal fit? I have ordered the rv6 high flow cat.

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
Running prl catted..may want to check their site and see what it's compatible with. I run the elbow blanket portion for downpipe then have the stock lower heat shield on..

Maybe @kefi Knows

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
After much deliberation I ordered one of these. Will post an update after install and then after break-in since I legitimately had trouble finding specific info on this part. But from what I’ve heard and read, it seems to be a noticeable improvement in performance with very reasonable NVH.

I’ve seen mixed reviews on the Perrin/Whiteline inserts - either the NVH is surprisingly loud, or the performance benefits are very little. 27Won’s race mount has rave reviews aside from the (understandable) NVH, so I expect a deliberately toned down version from them to be quality.

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have had the street rmm on for about 4k miles. NVH has come down alot and is in my opinion the perfect rmm for daily use.
Great to hear! Did you use any lube on the polyurethane?

I wouldn’t mind being able to hear the engine better either haha, just don’t want annoying rattles or unhealthy decibel levels

Joelgold

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Great to hear! Did you use any lube on the polyurethane?

I wouldn’t mind being able to hear the engine better either haha, just don’t want annoying rattles or unhealthy decibel levels
I didn't use anything just a straight swap from the OEM one. You can feel and hear the engine alot better, makes a huge difference. The shifting has improved a ton as well. I did it after I had my borla catback installed and even with an aftermarket exhaust the NVH is not bad at all.

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
After much deliberation I ordered one of these. Will post an update after install and then after break-in since I legitimately had trouble finding specific info on this part. But from what I’ve heard and read, it seems to be a noticeable improvement in performance with very reasonable NVH.

I’ve seen mixed reviews on the Perrin/Whiteline inserts - either the NVH is surprisingly loud, or the performance benefits are very little. 27Won’s race mount has rave reviews aside from the (understandable) NVH, so I expect a deliberately toned down version from them to be quality.
So I’ve installed the 27won Street RMM yesterday and driven maybe 75 miles on it so far and here are my first impressions:

(I am in a Sport Hatch all stock except for a Acuity poco shift knob and throttle spacer)

The benefits: Shifting is all around better, 2nd gear doesn’t deny me much for downshifts and it’s all just less complicated now. Not only does the clutch engagement feel more consistent, but the shifter itself feels like it’s finding the gears better and more cleanly. I was actually double clutching before because I didn’t want to get denied to downshift… now it seems less necessary. There’s also less oscillatory jostling when letting off of the throttle in first and second gear, which is a nice except that NVH kinda sucks in those situations since you’re putting around at 1500 rpm lol (see below).

NVH is… not awful. Everything is all around louder and more “rumbly”, and for 95% of driving situations I actually welcome being able to hear and feel the revs. But there are a few “ehhh” areas. Let me outline the key areas of elevated NVH:

- 1000-1500 rpm: cold starts are *loud* and not very pleasant to the eardrums. Taking off in first gear is similarly bad, and very vibrat-y. You could rev it higher to take off, and bypass this, but I also like my clutch.

- 3000 rpm: There’s a resonance point at 3000 rpm that makes it louder, but at this point it’s more of a desirable frequency so it doesn’t kill your eardrums. Plus you don’t normally cruise at 3000 so it’s a short-lived occurrence

- Any loud spots above 3000 rpm: just seems like a louder version of stock, which is fine to me since I’m not normally above 3000 unless I have to be, or driving with gusto.

Once warmed up and the engine is idling at 700ish, though the NVH there is slightly more than stock, it’s not bad at all when idling. It’s also actually pretty nice between 1500 and 2800 rpm, and cruising at these rpms is probably the best place for keeping NVH minimal for daily driving. A/C on makes it a tad louder, but maybe like 10% louder, if that.

I will post back after 500 miles or so and report any reductions in NVH.

As a side note, installation was a tad hairy. I was missing a few surprise tools that were required due to the awkward space you had to work with. Namely, make sure you have a way to torque the engine side bolt, because the exhaust is too close to fit a normal 19mm socket. Also, getting the mount in doesn’t seem possible when following the 27won instructions with the bolt already halfway in, but what helped me was getting the mount started so it doesn’t fall out, and then using a mallet to apply some impact force while simultaneously prying the transmission forward (at the safe pry point). I used O-ring lube on the polyurethane surfaces too which helped once the bolt finally made it to the slot.

Honda Civic 10th gen 27won street version rear motor mount 6A0F22E0-36B1-4D7B-8507-35E8BEC29C6D

Honda Civic 10th gen 27won street version rear motor mount 4BD8C47C-CFE0-4E05-8B43-00EC42E13340

Last edited:

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
So I’ve installed the 27won Street RMM yesterday and driven maybe 75 miles on it so far and here are my first impressions:

(I am in a Sport Hatch all stock except for a Acuity poco shift knob and throttle spacer)

The benefits: Shifting is all around better, 2nd gear doesn’t deny me much for downshifts and it’s all just less complicated now. Not only does the clutch engagement feel more consistent, but the shifter itself feels like it’s finding the gears better and more cleanly. I was actually double clutching before because I didn’t want to get denied to downshift… now it seems less necessary. There’s also less oscillatory jostling when letting off of the throttle in first and second gear, which is a nice except that NVH kinda sucks in those situations since you’re putting around at 1500 rpm lol (see below).

NVH is… not awful. Everything is all around louder and more “rumbly”, and for 95% of driving situations I actually welcome being able to hear and feel the revs. But there are a few “ehhh” areas. Let me outline the key areas of elevated NVH:

- 1000-1500 rpm: cold starts are *loud* and not very pleasant to the eardrums. Taking off in first gear is similarly bad, and very vibrat-y. You could rev it higher to take off, and bypass this, but I also like my clutch.

- 3000 rpm: There’s a resonance point at 3000 rpm that makes it louder, but at this point it’s more of a desirable frequency so it doesn’t kill your eardrums. Plus you don’t normally cruise at 3000 so it’s a short-lived occurrence

- Any loud spots above 3000 rpm: just seems like a louder version of stock, which is fine to me since I’m not normally above 3000 unless I have to be, or driving with gusto.

Once warmed up and the engine is idling at 700ish, though the NVH there is slightly more than stock, it’s not bad at all when idling. It’s also actually pretty nice between 1500 and 2800 rpm, and cruising at these rpms is probably the best place for keeping NVH minimal for daily driving. A/C on makes it a tad louder, but maybe like 10% louder, if that.

I will post back after 500 miles or so and report any reductions in NVH.

As a side note, installation was a tad hairy. I was missing a few surprise tools that were required due to the awkward space you had to work with. Namely, make sure you have a way to torque the engine side bolt, because the exhaust is too close to fit a normal 19mm socket. Also, getting the mount in doesn’t seem possible when following the 27won instructions with the bolt already halfway in, but what helped me was getting the mount started so it doesn’t fall out, and then using a mallet to apply some impact force while simultaneously prying the transmission forward (at the safe pry point). I used O-ring lube on the polyurethane surfaces too which helped once the bolt finally made it to the slot.

6A0F22E0-36B1-4D7B-8507-35E8BEC29C6D.jpeg

4BD8C47C-CFE0-4E05-8B43-00EC42E13340.jpeg
Your NVH will drop a lot more from what you’re describing after a few hundred miles as long as you torqued everything to what it says on the mount. After that, you’ll like it much more.