First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got my 27Won knob and I really don't like it. It is too tall, so my hand more often runs into the HVAC buttons. The shift rows are longer now than I'm used to and slows down shifting. I don't really understand why it was made to be taller than OEM.
Try pairing it with the Acuity short throw adapter. I have the knob and adapter and love it.
Sponsored

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
I just got my 27Won knob and I really don't like it. It is too tall, so my hand more often runs into the HVAC buttons. The shift rows are longer now than I'm used to and slows down shifting. I don't really understand why it was made to be taller than OEM.
I recently ordered the SuperKlasse Runabout shift knob for precisely that reason. I wanted a leather knob that would not appreciably add height to the shifter, and it appears to be the case with that knob. If you look in the 600s posts of the "show me your aftermarket shift knob thread" (starting about 625 maybe) there are a bunch of posts about that knob. I have not received mine yet, since they are working through their Black Friday backlog. https://super-klasse.com/products/runabout-shift-knob .

UPDATE: Unfortunately, the SuperKlasse knob has not worked out for me (see here). I may be trying the 27Won knob.

Last edited:

MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport
Country flag
So I got a new shift boot and like the way the knob stands out now. I had an after market boot collar with the factory boot but the factory boot collar flows better with the 27won shift knob. My setup is a Type R shifter with all the Acuity upgrades. This has a nice feel and look in my opinion.

Honda Civic 10th gen 27won shift knob update? DFBCFE73-F40C-4666-B250-944784257D7D

Honda Civic 10th gen 27won shift knob update? 37725D25-DB39-4E96-8A52-43E1FC9493A3

Honda Civic 10th gen 27won shift knob update? 029D6330-1B26-4E13-BD76-D715638CFB1E

Gefiltefish

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Sorry to bring up an older thread, but figured this is the best place to ask...

I received my knob today. I have a 2020 Sport Hatch.

I can’t seem to get the boot collar to fit over the supplied locking nut. The install directions appear to be for an Si, so maybe other models are different.

Do non-Si and non-Type R owners need an aftermarket collar? If so, suggestion on brand (Acuity?)

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to bring up an older thread, but figured this is the best place to ask...

I received my knob today. I have a 2020 Sport Hatch.

I can’t seem to get the boot collar to fit over the supplied locking nut. The install directions appear to be for an Si, so maybe other models are different.

Do non-Si and non-Type R owners need an aftermarket collar? If so, suggestion on brand (Acuity?)
I had to use a collar on my LX.
I went with one from Acuity and it worked great.
You can't really see the collar though, so I wouldn't worry about what color to get. Just go with black.
Sponsored