First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si Sedan 2013 Outback 18 is300
Country flag
Hello

First post actaully. Happy to have a forum like this and love the car so far.

I just installed the 27WON RMM and took a quick ride. I was properly warned about NVH and have read just about all I can find. In that reading it seems it will settle down. I have to say I hope it does because it is a big difference. Given the fact that this is my daily commuter up to 200mi a day I need to retain some comfort and practicality.

My questions are

For those with this or similiar. Are you relatively sure that its breaking in and settling down or have you just gotten used to it.

Also, theres no doubt a lot of vibration is being transferred back to the car/engine now. Long Long term, because I will look to put 200K on this car, can this vibration cause wear problems. Im just thinking that the old squishy MM used to soak all this up and now its going back to the engine and into the chassis. Can it cause trouble.

Heres a funny thing that I'll admit too. My wife is away over seas for a month. I promised I wouldn't buy a bunch of stuff for this thing while shes gone. In fact its a good window to get stuff bought and installed. It only has 1800 miles on it and is three weeks old. Shes tough to lie to. I know damn well when she feels the way it rumbles I'll be caught and the interrogation will start.

Im doing the following

K Tuner with TSP stage 1
Whiteline Rear Sway bar
Acuity shifter and bushings
The 27WON RMM
Strut Bar (maybe) it seems debateable in value
Sponsored

lukasfotog

First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
The 27won rmm will absolutely create noticeable NVH. I will say that when i installed mine it took about 500 miles to really settle in, maybe even longer. In terms of long term damage I actually have no idea but wondered the same things as I drive over 100 miles a day. Besides the extra noise and vibration you’re going to absolutely love what that mount does to your car. In my opinion one of my favorite mods.

Be careful with the wife!!

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
It absolutely gets better. I did not "just get used to it" when I literally had to wear earplugs because I couldn't hear for 30+ minutes after a 10 minute drive.

It got enough better my girlfriend will actually ride in the car again. Especially so since we've gone on multi-hour drives.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Can’t comment on the 27won, but I went with the hasport 62A. At first I only noticed it when I reved it or if I tried to cruise at too low of an rpm, ie below 1500 in like second gear. Now after 2,000 miles all that is nearly gone. Only at at the rpm I mentioned do you get a slight reminder you have a harder RMM. It’s VERY daily driver friendly IMO and provides a solid, direct feel to the engine.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
The Hasport 62A can be a bit much sometimes imo but I'm sure the 27Won is even worse. I only say that because the Hasport has way more bushing than the 27Won. Your wife will hate it. It gets better but not by much. It's worse with the AC on.

You definitely have to change your driving habits for it to be less noticeable. Well, I did. I had to take off from a stop at slightly higher RPMs to avoid shaking the whole car.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I
The Hasport 62A can be a bit much sometimes imo but I'm sure the 27Won is even worse. I only say that because the Hasport has way more bushing than the 27Won. Your wife will hate it. It gets better but not by much. It's worse with the AC on.

You definitely have to change your driving habits for it to be less noticeable. Well, I did. I had to take off from a stop at slightly higher RPMs to avoid shaking the whole car.
i guess I got lucky because I basically got all of the benefits with hardly any side effects. There is no change with my ac on or off and regular driving

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Can’t comment on the 27won, but I went with the hasport 62A. At first I only noticed it when I reved it or if I tried to cruise at too low of an rpm, ie below 1500 in like second gear. Now after 2,000 miles all that is nearly gone. Only at at the rpm I mentioned do you get a slight reminder you have a harder RMM. It’s VERY daily driver friendly IMO and provides a solid, direct feel to the engine.
How about acceleration?

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Only time I notice a vibration is from a dead stop and it’s only in 1st gear and literally gone right after you get up to speed
I meant acceleration

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I meant acceleration
You’ll only notice it accelerating from a stop. If you shift at 3,000 in every gear it’s like stock. If you bang gears it feels really solid and the engine stays in place

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I have 27won RMM and a very sensitive wife. It was pretty rough at first but now she doesn't even notice it. The NVH is still there at the start of acceleration. But it is completely tolerable. I would say less than a month and it will be like you didn't do anything at all. I however do not think there is a chance your wife will not notice anything. Unless she has not spent a lot of time in your car in stock form

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You’ll only notice it accelerating from a stop. If you shift at 3,000 in every gear it’s like stock. If you bang gears it feels really solid and the engine stays in place
I'm sorry i meant how is it for acceleration? does is accelerate better? Power is delivered?

OP
OP

rocknsix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si Sedan 2013 Outback 18 is300
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. Ill keep evaluating and post an update or two. Im eager to see if it dies down for me as it did for others.

What I dont want to be lost in all the NVH talk is that there are definitely positives. I really like the shifting now. I have an Acuity shifter on the way, but its pretty clear to me that if your serious about improving shifting a rmm should be a part of the plan. Downshifts are so much better. The car feels a lot more connected as others have said. I dont do much hard driving from a stop so i haven't much to say on wheel hop. but we'll see when i get to try ripping around in the wet.

If I end up removing it something other than stock will replace it. Ill probably try the 62a next or i see some bushing kits for the stock piece. In any case the shift improvements and the added connection is not something ill be able to forget having felt and abandon.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. Ill keep evaluating and post an update or two. Im eager to see if it dies down for me as it did for others.

What I dont want to be lost in all the NVH talk is that there are definitely positives. I really like the shifting now. I have an Acuity shifter on the way, but its pretty clear to me that if your serious about improving shifting a rmm should be a part of the plan. Downshifts are so much better. The car feels a lot more connected as others have said. I dont do much hard driving from a stop so i haven't much to say on wheel hop. but we'll see when i get to try ripping around in the wet.

If I end up removing it something other than stock will replace it. Ill probably try the 62a next or i see some bushing kits for the stock piece. In any case the shift improvements and the added connection is not something ill be able to forget having felt and abandon.
Definitely give it a fair chance. It took at least 1000 miles for mine to fully break in. I couldn't be happier now.

There is definitely a lot more engine noise in the cabin but it's awesome. It's quiet enough for normal driving to not be an issue but when I stomp it or rev it out it's kind of like a racecar.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm sorry i meant how is it for acceleration? does is accelerate better? Power is delivered?
I haven’t gone to the track since I’ve installed it, but the main reason i purchased it was because I had terrible wheel hop and a hesitation between shifts because of the motor moving too much. That’s eliminated now so I’m sure it is accelerating quicker
Sponsored