carsonpecore

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T
Country flag
Currently looking at a pretty sweet deal on a 27won 90a Race RMM. Will the vibrations drive me insane with it being the Race and should I just save for a Street version? Thanks
Sponsored

RepublikaSrpska

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatchback
Country flag
At first you will consider switching back but after a couple hundred miles (400-500 for me) it settles down and you get used to it. At first you could see the vibrations in the rear view mirrors but now its smooth. I dont mind it at all. You will appreciate the cars sounds especially if you have a aftermarket exhaust

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
At first you will consider switching back but after a couple hundred miles (400-500 for me) it settles down and you get used to it. At first you could see the vibrations in the rear view mirrors but now its smooth. I dont mind it at all. You will appreciate the cars sounds especially if you have a aftermarket exhaust
I second this!

BrandonB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport Hatch
Country flag
Depending on how sweet the deal is I may be able to beat it. I have one that I ran for a week or so and removed it because of the vibration. It’s been sitting on my work bench for about 6-8 months.

OP
OP
carsonpecore

carsonpecore

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T
Country flag
Depending on how sweet the deal is I may be able to beat it. I have one that I ran for a week or so and removed it because of the vibration. It’s been sitting on my work bench for about 6-8 months.
The guy I’m buying from is selling it for $80… but he wants me to pay $20 for shipping which I think is nuts

RepublikaSrpska

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I wouldnt buy used Rmm’s hence why 27won wont take back their own product once they sell it

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
I believe I saw this pop up on FB forum. I’d ask for actual pictures of the item he’s selling, not a generic one.

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
The race mm from 27won does shake the rearview mirror after 2k rpm thats my only real complaint and you only get a lot of vibration around 2k rpm anything under that is fine, it isn't for everyone but I put mine on a year ago and have been rocking it since. some people get in my car and are like whats that lol one time at an alignment the mechanic asked me and I explained its a harder bushing in the motor mount.

There are times when I hear it n some plastic on the dash rattles but hey sometimes you need so sacrifice a lil for performance just depends what youre going for with your build. but you do feel the NVH just depends what is tolerable to you this is my daily driver also I bought mine used

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I got the 27won 70A Street and it makes driving and shifting so much better. Really tightens up any jerkiness from shifting.

However, after I had it installed and drove the car, it felt like I was in an airplane taking off. My ears were ringing and I felt a sharp pressure change in the cabin and I got a headache. You could feel the car. It wasn't shaking, but it's like the car was humming if that makes sense.. lol. I did get used to it after a few days. It was intense and at first I was not sure if I liked it, but I couldn't get over how better the car drove and how connected I was. There is a drone at around 3k rpm. Also depends on if you have an exhaust and downpipe, which will enhance that more.

Nevertheless, I don't plan to go back anytime soon. The trade offs you get are worth the NVH to me. Just be aware that if you have passengers, it may be jarring for them. Probably want to warn them if they're not into the car scene. Lmao. Although, I had a Honda service guy sit in my car when I was taking it in for A/C job last year and I warned him and he's like.."This is nothing. My previous car had solid motor mounts."

So that's my experience. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

OP
OP
carsonpecore

carsonpecore

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T
Country flag
I got the 27won 70A Street and it makes driving and shifting so much better. Really tightens up any jerkiness from shifting.

However, after I had it installed and drove the car, it felt like I was in an airplane taking off. My ears were ringing and I felt a sharp pressure change in the cabin and I got a headache. You could feel the car. It wasn't shaking, but it's like the car was humming if that makes sense.. lol. I did get used to it after a few days. It was intense and at first I was not sure if I liked it, but I couldn't get over how better the car drove and how connected I was. There is a drone at around 3k rpm. Also depends on if you have an exhaust and downpipe, which will enhance that more.

Nevertheless, I don't plan to go back anytime soon. The trade offs you get are worth the NVH to me. Just be aware that if you have passengers, it may be jarring for them. Probably want to warn them if they're not into the car scene. Lmao. Although, I had a Honda service guy sit in my car when I was taking it in for A/C job last year and I warned him and he's like.."This is nothing. My previous car has solid motor mounts."

So that's my experience. Hope it helps.
This is great, thanks. I’m FBO but if you guys are fine I should be able to manage it too lol

Spunkmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
I have the 90a. My wife got used to it but she doesn't like it. I'd say if you're worried about NVH you should consider the street version. The 90a is still my favorite modification for the car.

My 2 cents.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We get a lot of value from your guys feedback. Really do appreciate it.

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
However, after I had it installed and drove the car, it felt like I was in an airplane taking off. My ears were ringing and I felt a sharp pressure change in the cabin and I got a headache. You could feel the car. It wasn't shaking, but it's like the car was humming if that makes sense.
Did you at least get in-flight snacks and a good movie?
Sponsored