Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
For those that have been running these on the street for a couple of years (winters w/ salt in particular), how are these holding up? Any concerns with road salt/grime without dust boots on the pistons? Any special care or considerations? Just give pistons a good clean before pushing pistons back in to install fresh pads? Have heard nothing but good things so far, but just figured I would pulse the community.
Sponsored

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those that have been running these on the street for a couple of years (winters w/ salt in particular), how are these holding up? Any concerns with road salt/grime without dust boots on the pistons? Any special care or considerations? Just give pistons a good clean before pushing pistons back in to install fresh pads? Have heard nothing but good things so far, but just figured I would pulse the community.
Iā€™ll be changing pads in a few weeks and Iā€™ll share some photos of what I see.

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in Toronto not sure where you are. I'm on my 2nd winter with the 27won kit.

I have put about 80, 000 km on the original rotors that came in the kit. I did swap out the pads around 60,000 km after install and currently running hawk hps 5.0.

I had the calipers ceramic coated prior to install. I don't drive daily in the winter but I do take it out often throughout the winter season.

The first picture was taken a few days ago so you can see with proper maintenance it still looks new after 80,000+ km

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON Performance Big Brake Kit Launches for the Honda Civic IMG-20220424-WA0037

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON Performance Big Brake Kit Launches for the Honda Civic 20220303_073437

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I run DTC-60. I would say I am a pretty late breaker lol. Its not super nice on the rotors but you can get a season out of it if you drive well. If want more rotor life do the DTC-30.
V, do you know the exact Hawk DTC-60 replacement pad part No for 27wonā€™s BBK?

TYIA!

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While we are in the topic of brakesā€¦ @Vincent@27WON when changing our brake fluid do we have to use a vacuum or pressure. Or can we continuously bleed in a circuit including the clutch? If we continuously bleed would we still have some old fluid trapped in the brake fluid pump? Brake fluid change is next on my list. Going with motul RBF600 from unity ;) Also I ran the DTC-30 on the track up front and I liked them.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While we are in the topic of brakesā€¦ @Vincent@27WON when changing our brake fluid do we have to use a vacuum or pressure. Or can we continuously bleed in a circuit including the clutch? If we continuously bleed would we still have some old fluid trapped in the brake fluid pump? Brake fluid change is next on my list. Going with motul RBF600 from unity ;) Also I ran the DTC-30 on the track up front and I liked them.
Also curious about this. Iā€™d like to see instructions for a full fluid flush on your cars. I hear the Speedi-bleed kit it great, and seems like itā€™d suit a flush perfectly.

For fluid, I was going to go with Castrol SRF.

Lastly, @Unity Performance doesnā€™t carry DTC-60 pads for the rears?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We just bleed like normal. Fresh fluid at the reservoir and pumping the pedal all they way to each corner till clean/clear fluid is what we get. Repeat at each corner. Vacuum bleed just helps it go faster.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I made a post in your holiday sale thread, but maybe it wasn't the right place for it. Hoping to get an answer here! šŸ˜

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...sale-live-now-6-days-only.79090/#post-1199582

Hi @Vincent@27WON I'm this šŸ¤ close to pulling the trigger on your BBK, but I see that you have a 6-piston kit in development. In that blog post, you mention you may even stop offering the 4 pot kit and completely replace it with the 6 pot kit. In the event that the 4-piston kit is discontinued, would you continue to provide replace parts for that kit? Such as rotor rings?

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I made a post in your holiday sale thread, but maybe it wasn't the right place for it. Hoping to get an answer here! šŸ˜

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...sale-live-now-6-days-only.79090/#post-1199582

Hi @Vincent@27WON I'm this šŸ¤ close to pulling the trigger on your BBK, but I see that you have a 6-piston kit in development. In that blog post, you mention you may even stop offering the 4 pot kit and completely replace it with the 6 pot kit. In the event that the 4-piston kit is discontinued, would you continue to provide replace parts for that kit? Such as rotor rings?
The 6 piston kit will not be released and the 4-piston is not going anywhere. You are good.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The 6 piston kit will not be released and the 4-piston is not going anywhere. You are good.
Thank you for the response!! Sorry to hear that the 6 piston is not going to be released, but if it's any consolation, I've only heard good things about your 4 piston kit!