Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here it is guys. The beginning of a new era for Honda Performance. This brand has been a long time in the making and I am beyond thrilled to finally be able to launch our first product today. We have so so many big plans for 2018 and would love for you guys to come along with. I built this company from the ground up with one goal in mind and that was to Redefine the Aftermarket!

27WON exist for the 21st century Honda enthusiast and it's because of the community and enthusiast I decided to create this.

I hope you guys enjoy!

store.27won.com
Sponsored

dscayton03

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
Here it is guys. The beginning of a new era for Honda Performance. This brand has been a long time in the making and I am beyond thrilled to finally be able to launch our first product today. We have so so many big plans for 2018 and would love for you guys to come along with. I built this company from the ground up with one goal in mind and that was to Redefine the Aftermarket!

27WON exist for the 21st century Honda enthusiast and it's because of the community and enthusiast I decided to create this.

I hope you guys enjoy!

store.27won.com
Make exhaust for non sport models! There are plenty of us out there and we have no opinions.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag

I hope you guys enjoy!

store.27won.com
Very interested in your CAI design. However, I am admittedly torn over the Dyno improvement numbers that you showed. It seems that other companies, such as PRL, are claiming around a 10 whp gain from their CAI, whereas the 27Won intake seems to show only a 3 whp improvement.

Not knocking your product at all - quite the contrary, it could be that their numbers are artificially inflated and yours are truthful. It could also be that this design, while safer, offers smaller gains. It's just hard for a consumer like myself to know which is the case.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Very interested in your CAI design. However, I am admittedly torn over the Dyno improvement numbers that you showed. It seems that other companies, such as PRL, are claiming around a 10 whp gain from their CAI, whereas the 27Won intake seems to show only a 3 whp improvement.

Not knocking your product at all - quite the contrary, it could be that their numbers are artificially inflated and yours are truthful. It could also be that this design, while safer, offers smaller gains. It's just hard for a consumer like myself to know which is the case.
I hope you aren’t making assumptions that Prl inflates their dyno gains to make profits. They are far from that. If you don’t know them, I’d suggest you look them up and do some research before making any comments about their company. They are up front and honest and take very good care of their customers. I know all this from experience. Hence why I’m counter posting. It’s most likely dyno vs dyno plus their design obviously is different which is why it’s different. Prl’s cold air intake is the only true cold air intake out as of right now.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hope you aren’t making assumptions that Prl inflates their dyno gains to make profits. They are far from that. If you don’t know them, I’d suggest you look them up and do some research before making any comments about their company. They are up front and honest and take very good care of their customers. I know all this from experience. Hence why I’m counter posting. It’s most likely dyno vs dyno plus their design obviously is different which is why it’s different. Prl’s cold air intake is the only true cold air intake out as of right now.
Too say that they are the only is far fetch as well. Just test every single CAI out there yourself before making claims because every company has their different #'s and every dyno is not the same.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too say that they are the only is far fetch as well. Just test every single CAI out there yourself before making claims because every company has their different #'s and every dyno is not the same.
I make the claim because it’s true at this time. No one else has made a true cold air intake yet. I already did the research.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hope you aren’t making assumptions that Prl inflates their dyno gains to make profits. They are far from that. If you don’t know them, I’d suggest you look them up and do some research before making any comments about their company. They are up front and honest and take very good care of their customers. I know all this from experience. Hence why I’m counter posting. It’s most likely dyno vs dyno plus their design obviously is different which is why it’s different.
I am stating an impartial comment that there are two companies with CAI on the market and very different gains suggested. I've also posited two potential possibilities that could explain the differential. These both assume that a third possibility is unlikely - namely, that Dyno results carry too much variation between runs to be a useful tool of comparison

Your suggestion is not necessary or relevant, as I am not taking a side or stating any opinions. I am merely suggesting possibilities and exploring why we have two superficially similar types of products with very different gains reported. Don't infer a slight or accusation where none exists.

EDIT: Dyno vs Dyno makes no sense as a possibility, as in both cases, we are simply comparing changes occurring between runs on the same Dyno. We are not comparing runs between dynos, only different runs on the same Dyno (again, in both cases).

Your other suggestion - namely, that PRL's design allows for a superior level of gains, was literally one of the two possibilities that I suggested.

Last edited:
Reactions: HBK

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it could be that their numbers are artificially inflated and yours are truthful.
You gotta be careful how you word things then. This one statement can cause drama, and it’s not needed. You should know from all the threads on here that Prl is not a mass producing company that inflates their dyno numbers. I’m here to defend them because they aren’t here to do so right now. I love that company and have experience with them, so of course when I see a statement like that I’m going to say something back. Wouldn’t you if someone was saying shit about your company? I’m not saying you directly shit talked them down but you did make a statement that didn’t need to be said. That is all. Just a friendly reminder, no need to get upset.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You gotta be careful how you word things then. This one statement can cause drama, and it’s not needed. You should know from all the threads on here that Prl is not a mass producing company that inflates their dyno numbers. I’m here to defend them because they aren’t here to do so right now. I love that company and have experience with them, so of course when I see a statement like that I’m going to say something back. Wouldn’t you if someone was saying shit about your company? I’m not saying you directly shit talked them down but you did make a statement that didn’t need to be said. That is all. Just a friendly reminder, no need to get upset.
There is not one emotion-based statement in my post, though you clearly have an emotional investment in your purchase. For what it's worth, I understand why you'd be upset. PRL has been very friendly and forthcoming in all of our dialogues as well, but life has taught me to leave friendliness out of purchasing decisions. As always, caveat emptor first.

I look forward to learning more about this offering and how it objectively compares to others.

Fazzster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual, 2020 Odyssey EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I hope you guys enjoy!

store.27won.com
We look forward to your product offerings and wish you great success. Does you CAI fit the Si?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We look forward to your product offerings and wish you great success. Does you CAI fit the Si?
His products are only for the hatch sport as of right now.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hmmmmm im really leaning toward that intake!!!!
hope it will be out for this summer!
looks well done and clean job with the clear cover top for the filter!!!!
wow!!!!!
Sponsored