18Aegeansedan

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean blue si sedan, 99 f250 v10
Country flag
I’m currently running 27won w1,turbo inlet pipe, and intake, maperformance catted downpipe and frontpipe. Considering selling my w1 turbo and getting the prl turbo upgrade, has anyone successfully been able to use the 27won cai with the prl turbo kit? I’m on my 2nd w1 in less than 6 months from purchasing it new in June of this year and the new one’s seals are going bad. Thanks for any info
Sponsored

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I’m currently running 27won w1,turbo inlet pipe, and intake, maperformance catted downpipe and frontpipe. Considering selling my w1 turbo and getting the prl turbo upgrade, has anyone successfully been able to use the 27won cai with the prl turbo kit? I’m on my 2nd w1 in less than 6 months from purchasing it new in June of this year and the new one’s seals are going bad. Thanks for any info
Just out of curiosity what happens when the seals go? Are you getting oil on the hot side or cold side? Thanks.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm pretty sure you have to go full PRL to use their big turbo kit. That's intake and downpipe. There's always the upcoming W2 or RV6

OP
OP

18Aegeansedan

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just out of curiosity what happens when the seals go? Are you getting oil on the hot side or cold side? Thanks.
Hot side, its smoking a little every once in a while. 1st one had small hair line fractures where the wastegate closes, and exhaust blades broken.

OP
OP

18Aegeansedan

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm pretty sure you have to go full PRL to use their big turbo kit. That's intake and downpipe. There's always the upcoming W2 or RV6
I know the downpipe is different with the prl kit, just don’t want to have to get a new cai intake also. Just wanting to adapt it to work.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hot side, its smoking a little every once in a while. 1st one had small hair line fractures where the wastegate closes, and exhaust blades broken.
that's a bummer, thanks for explaining.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know the downpipe is different with the prl kit, just don’t want to have to get a new cai intake also. Just wanting to adapt it to work.
You might be able to use universal intake tubing and Frankenstein it together. You'd only need the PRL TIP diameter and your MAF diameter and the distance between them. You'll need to tune after install regardless, so I reckon that would handle the different MAF size

OP
OP

18Aegeansedan

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You might be able to use universal intake tubing and Frankenstein it together. You'd only need the PRL TIP diameter and your MAF diameter and the distance between them. You'll need to tune after install regardless, so I reckon that would handle the different MAF size
That’s what I figured I would have to do, was just curious if it’s been done yet, drob e-tuned my current setup, so I’ll get him to tune the new setup.