MarcoFK7

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
Different intakes, same function. Why would you expect big differences?
Because on the PRL the cone is sitting behind the bumper 30cm from asphalt, on the 27won the cone is into a box right in the engine bay.... Is not similar

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Because on the PRL the cone is sitting behind the bumper 30cm from asphalt, on the 27won the cone is into a box right in the engine bay.... Is not similar
They both pull air from the same area. Near the bumper. The cone is only a filter. If I were you, I’d gather data from the most popular intakes for our platform and you’ll quickly see how the temperature differences are very very small, if any. I think it boils down to your preference, do you want to access the filter from the engine bay or beneath the bumper? Everything else is pretty similar. My response had nothing to do with being a PRL fanboy.

OP
OP
MarcoFK7

MarcoFK7

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
They both pull air from the same area. Near the bumper. The cone is only a filter. If I were you, I’d gather data from the most popular intakes for our platform and you’ll quickly see how the temperature differences are very very small, if any. I think it boils down to your preference, do you want to access the filter from the engine bay or beneath the bumper? Everything else is pretty similar. My response had nothing to do with being a PRL fanboy.
It can't be similar... Where do you get the data to say that? Someone said that 27won is similar to stock intake temperatures, other says that is 20 degrees over ambient, other like you says that is like cobra... But what I know is that the cobra IAT is very similar to ambient temperature.

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, cruising with 27won CAI you can see 20°F over ambient ?
Now that I've been corrected in my IAT1/IAT2 temps, yes I'm seeing 20F+ over ambient (I'm in Canada so it's about 12-20C over ambient, I suck at conversions). It's maybe 5C cooler than stock on average. I was mistaken in reading the wrong IAT before when I said it was similar to stock, though it does creep closer as the engine bay heats up.

Granted, I don't get to cruise much in my daily driving. I've only had it installed about a week and it's been mostly stop and go traffic which skews the numbers up as others have said. I'll try to update this thread after some more experimenting.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
It can't be similar... Where do you get the data to say that? Someone said that 27won is similar to stock intake temperatures, other says that is 20 degrees over ambient, other like you says that is like cobra... But what I know is that the cobra IAT is very similar to ambient temperature.
Why can't they be similar? Air is coming from the same location. If you are going to be argumentative about stupid crap like this, no one will bother trying to help. And how do you know that the PRL IATs are similar to ambient? Because from my research they are not.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually they are very different. As you said the PRL pulls air from the fender. The 27won pulls air from there AND has a slot in the filter box that pulls air from the hot engine bay. It mixes the two air sources. Runs hotter than the PRL Cobra.

OP
OP
MarcoFK7

MarcoFK7

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
Why can't they be similar? Air is coming from the same location. If you are going to be argumentative about stupid crap like this, no one will bother trying to help. And how do you know that the PRL IATs are similar to ambient? Because from my research they are not.
Because a friend of mine run Gravity cold air intake (a chinese intake similar to cobra), and he shared a lot of data with me and other friends. For the most of the time, in mixed road he run at the same temperatures as external, 5° F more maximum.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
Because a friend of mine run Gravity cold air intake (a chinese intake similar to cobra), and he shared a lot of data with me and other friends. For the most of the time, in mixed road he run at the same temperatures as external, 5° F more maximum.
I have Chinese cold air intake too very similar to Injen cold air intake and it sit behind bumper, i have dremel the holes on the right side fog grill and can see the cone filter. I ve seen big drop in IAT on the full wot n on cruise as well, temp on dash showing 32c(ambient temp) and IAT2 pre-intercooler showing 36c and IAT1 post intercooler 38c (hondata)

OP
OP
MarcoFK7

MarcoFK7

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
I have Chinese cold air intake too very similar to Injen cold air intake and it sit behind bumper, i have dremel the holes on the right side fog grill and can see the cone filter. I ve seen big drop in IAT on the full wot n on cruise as well, temp on dash showing 32c(ambient temp) and IAT2 pre-intercooler showing 36c and IAT1 post intercooler 38c (hondata)
Yeah, is the same intake that my friend bought (that one you can find on Aliexpress).

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wanted to drop an update. It's been about a week and a half since the install, the heat has died down and I got to drive more. After more testing over a wider range of temps and situations, it is in fact cooler than stock by maybe 4-5C average. Under sustained stop and go traffic in that recent heatwave, yes I was getting similar temperatures to stock but as the weather cooled down and in more cruising/highway/backroad conditions, I've seen a more significant drop in IAT. But still after driving hard for a bit, I still see IAT temps of 20C over ambient sometimes so it only helps so much when these little engines heat up.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Just wanted to drop an update. It's been about a week and a half since the install, the heat has died down and I got to drive more. After more testing over a wider range of temps and situations, it is in fact cooler than stock by maybe 4-5C average. Under sustained stop and go traffic in that recent heatwave, yes I was getting similar temperatures to stock but as the weather cooled down and in more cruising/highway/backroad conditions, I've seen a more significant drop in IAT. But still after driving hard for a bit, I still see IAT temps of 20C over ambient sometimes so it only helps so much when these little engines heat up.
I have had the 27Won CAI for over a year, and I cut out the driver side vent to match the passenger side for better airflow.

My steady state temps when driving consistently for a long period, such as a freeway drive for more than 30 minutes, are nearly always 14F over ambient.

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
So from what I see 27won gets 10-20F more than the ambient temperature.
Can someone confirm how much you get with PRL cobra? Not some Chinese copy, but the real thing.
Thanks!
Sponsored