MarcoFK7

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
Just want to know how perform 27won cold air intake, in relation to external temperature.
For example, cold air intake like PRL cobra and external temperature (that one you can see on the instrument panel) are almost the same when the car is moving. How about 27won CAI, what difference between external air and IAT2 you can see?
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Just want to know how perform 27won cold air intake, in relation to external temperature.
For example, cold air intake like PRL cobra and external temperature (that one you can see on the instrument panel) are almost the same when the car is moving. How about 27won CAI, what difference between external air and IAT2 you can see?
27won is almost the same for me. Maybe 10 F higher than ambient at most. My LTFT is quite a bit better than on the stock intake during the heat, which I think really shows how much of a better job it does than the OEM.

OP
OP
MarcoFK7

MarcoFK7

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
I read someone that had temperatures similar to the stock one due to the plastic cover... So is it false?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I read someone that had temperatures similar to the stock one due to the plastic cover... So is it false?
Not sure why a plastic cover would cause higher temps than something like the PRL cobra. There are a few cutouts in the filter housing to allow airflow in case the lower intake is submerged, but the majority of the air is still coming in via the lower intake.

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, I just installed mine last week and am seeing similar temps to stock. I'm a little disappointed actually. Ambient around here has been about 30C and I'm seeing IAT2 temps of in and around the 40's after a little bit of driving (mostly stop and go traffic). About 10C higher than ambient which was what stock was like.

EDITED 8 days later: After more testing over a wider range of temps and situations, it is in fact cooler than stock by maybe 4-5C average. Under sustained stop and go traffic in that recent heatwave, yes I was getting similar temperatures to stock but as the weather cooled down and in more cruising/highway/backroad conditions, I've seen a more significant drop in IAT. But still after driving hard for a bit, I still see IAT temps of 20C over ambient sometimes so it only helps so much when these little engines heat up.

@fenix-silver Do you have the Race MAF?

Last edited:

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
No, I just installed mine last week and am seeing similar temps to stock. I'm a little disappointed actually. Ambient around here has been about 30C and I'm seeing IAT2 temps of in and around the 40's after a little bit of driving (mostly stop and go traffic). About 10C higher than ambient which was what stock was like.

Stop and go traffic is going to cause all kinds of intake heat soak issues, regardless of intake. I did some quick searches regarding the PRL, and the intake temps you are seeing are in line w/ the PRL as well. I do not have the race MAF. No point for me as I never intend to upgrade the turbo.

OP
OP
MarcoFK7

MarcoFK7

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag

Do you have Hondata? Because on KTuner IAT2 is post intercooler, you have to look at IAT1 which is the sensor on the MAF (post intake)

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have Hondata? Because on KTuner IAT2 is post intercooler, you have to look at IAT1 which is the sensor on the MAF (post intake)
No I have Ktuner. I read that IAT1 and 2 is reversed compared to Hondata. IAT2 is the MAF sensor (lower temp) and IAT1 is charged air temps (higher temp).

OP
OP
MarcoFK7

MarcoFK7

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
Yeah when you stop the hot asphalt and the hot air from the engine is brutal, but when cruising at 60mph, how much higher is IAT1 from outside temp? In theory with cobra is almost the same, how about 27won ? Is there any data?

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m afraid you are wrong, IAT 1 is your MAF
I'm still learning how this all works so no snark. Just to be clear, on my Ktuner, IAT2 is the lower temperature, usually 10C above ambient and IAT1 is the higher temperature, usually about 15-20C above ambient after driving a bit. So you're saying the lower temperature (IAT2) is post intercooler and the higher temperature (IAT1) is the intake temp at the MAF sensor?

EDIT: had my numbers backwards.

Last edited:

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I'm still learning how this all works so no snark. Just to be clear, on my Ktuner, IAT2 is the lower temperature, usually 10C above ambient and IAT1 is the higher temperature, usually about 20C above ambient after driving a bit. So you're saying the lower temperature (IAT2) is post intercooler and the higher temperature (IAT1) is the intake temp at the MAF sensor?

Yes, IAT1 is before the intercooler, in the intake system, IAT2 is after the intercooler.

OP
OP
MarcoFK7

MarcoFK7

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
I'm still learning how this all works so no snark. Just to be clear, on my Ktuner, IAT2 is the lower temperature, usually 10C above ambient and IAT1 is the higher temperature, usually about 20C above ambient after driving a bit. So you're saying the lower temperature (IAT2) is post intercooler and the higher temperature (IAT1) is the intake temp at the MAF sensor?

So, cruising with 27won CAI you can see 20°F over ambient ?

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
With my PRL CAI and IC with stock charge pipes my IAT1 & IAT2 are about +10F over ambient while driving, not stop and go. Today, while driving on the highway going around 80mph with no traffic and an ambient temp of 96F my IAT1 was 104F and IAT2 was about 107F. When I start to go WOT the IAT2 will drop a few more degrees.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MarcoFK7

MarcoFK7

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
With my PRL CAI and IC with stock charge pipes my IAT1 & IAT2 are about +10F over ambient while driving, not stop and go. Today, while driving on the highway going around 80mph with no traffic and an ambient temp of 96F my IAT1 was 104F and IAT2 was about 107F. When I start to go WOT the IAT2 will drop a few more degrees.
Why everytime you ask about 27won intake, PRL Cobra fanboys comeout? PRL Cobra and 27won are different intakes!
Sponsored