Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 27won FTSB 20210418_144928

So I installed the 27won front tower strut bar today and I am blown away in the quality of their bar in itself as well as how much it tightened up the steering. Everything feels alot more precise while increasing stability. I've had aftermarket strut bars on other cars in the past that never really felt like they improved as insanely well as the 27won bar. Highly highly highly recommend this for anyone on the forum. 1000% worth the wait and the price.
Sponsored

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
20210418_144928.jpg

So I installed the 27won front tower strut bar today and I am blown away in the quality of their bar in itself as well as how much it tightened up the steering. Everything feels alot more precise while increasing stability. I've had aftermarket strut bars on other cars in the past that never really felt like they improved as insanely well as the 27won bar. Highly highly highly recommend this for anyone on the forum. 1000% worth the wait and the price.
I felt the same way with my 27WON FSTB as well although it is orange which is really eye catching when I pop open my hood but even the black one is very nice as well!

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Received mine last week, I too agree FSTB is well made.

After two coats of ceramic coating and installed, unlike earlier pictures from beta and earlier production, proper thread protrusion is much the same as OP's. Maybe HB struts has longer studs or current FSTB has thinner base.

As far as performance, unlike performance I have experience from a set of light weight wheel combine with high performance summer PS4S tire or switching to 22 mm, as well as 26 mm Whiteline RSB. I have to agree with the camp that FSTB might only improve in extreme transition. So it falls in the category of Type R sub frame brace, which is basically not something easily felt, but there to contribute to the total reinforcement of the chassis. Which can conclude basic HB already has an excellent chassis to start with.

To be honest, since I already have the sub frame brace and FSTB, I will keep them. Knowing what I know, however, If I were starting out, I could do without the two items and spending the money on a good set of light weight forge wheel/summer tire and 26 mm RSB/Whiteline front links. My ALK is back order, so the jury is still out.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice! It's a great product but receiving so little first-hand comments. I'd take this over any other FSTB. Waiting for Black Friday to make the dollar count. Enjoy!

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Just picked up a FSTB and the master cylinder brace on the classifieds here for a good price. For almost $400 brand new I was not sure it would be worth it for the return on investment. But after having some actual experience with it, I would say that it would be worth it even at brand new pricing and even more so if you can get a used set. My prior bar was a 3 piece Sirimoto v2 in which I felt negligible or quite possibly placebo effects. Immediately, with the 27won piece, I could feel that the front end was tighter and steering feel was a little better. Not a night and day difference but noticeable. The bonus kicker was the master cylinder brace which definitely provides better pedal feel even during normal driving. Mind you, it's not going to stiffen up the pedal like a BBK with fixed calipers would, but it makes a difference. I really like how my brake pedal feels now with the master cylinder brace combined with SS brake lines and the poly bushings in the front lower control arms. My one pet peeve on the stock car was how soft the brake pedal felt. Highly recommend 27won's well engineered and very functional products. :thumbsup:

Fridu

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
Got my 27won fstb with the brake brace delivered today. Got it installed this evening and took the car for a quick rip, definitely stiffened up the front a fair bit! Looks good in the car too, and cleared everything just fine!
Honda Civic 10th gen 27won FTSB 20230301_192732

Honda Civic 10th gen 27won FTSB 20230301_192821

One issue I had on installation was regarding the bracket for the brake brace. Inner width measured out at 12mm and the thickness of the brace was 10mm. 2mm of play seems extremely excessive, so I ended up using a washer on each bolt to fill the empty space.
Honda Civic 10th gen 27won FTSB 20230301_180901
Honda Civic 10th gen 27won FTSB 20230301_180914

Otherwise, install went great, well worth the investment in a strut brace!

jaypinto

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Country flag
Thanks for the post, i know what my next 27won mod will be now 🙂. My god, i keep telling myself that my next mod will be the last…… that was at least 6 mods ago

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks for the post, i know what my next 27won mod will be now 🙂. My god, i keep telling myself that my next mod will be the last…… that was at least 6 mods ago
Same lol
Sponsored