Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are the slotted holes adequate to support having the strut towers pushed as far negative as they go?

I got -0.9 on both sides on the alignment rack by pushing them all the way in and it substantially helped front traction in corners. I don't want to have to move them back out again to fit the bar.
Yes, the factory holes only give you so much. Honestly surprised you got -.9 out of it, most are lucky to get -.5. As you can see in the design the holes and open top are also meant to make it easy to make camber adjustments when moving to coilovers with camber plates.
I've heard some bars require you to also heat wrap some of the tubing/cables that might come in contact with the bar. Has this been taken into consideration/will the product include a heat wrap?
Can't say I have ever heard of that. Our bar certainly does not require that. All the OEM battery cables are full insulated so unless its physically damage you don't need it.
Only 2 beta testers?
8 actually
Sponsored

bastardxboy

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HONDA CIVIC SI
Country flag
So excited for this bar. Definitely looks beautiful from the pics posted and can't wait to nab this for my vehicle, fingers crossed we get this soon. ?

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So excited for this bar. Definitely looks beautiful from the pics posted and can't wait to nab this for my vehicle, fingers crossed we get this soon. ?
Aiming for the summer assuming we got the green light from all of our beta testers.

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Well, 6 more beta, lets sit back and watch another long drawn out advertising campaign...

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Need to keep a positive vibe, says Google.

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON Front Strut Tower Bar 1588211623739

2020MSMcivicSI

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Lol... but on a serious note, is there going to be a pre-order or anything like that so people can in on the first batch? (More a question of "is it going to exist" rather than "when is it going to happen")

Last edited:

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag

1588211623739.png
I should be more positive. Unfortunately, my work has ruined that. I am in the construction management business so I know all of the lexical tricks to make things sound better while simultaneously covering your ass. Vague answers like “summer” is a good example. But hey, I bet if the government releases another stimulus check to us they will open up preorders before you can “opportunity”. ?

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
@Vincent@27WON
Any info on the thread protrusion after the bolts are torqued down? It was brought up by @Fit2Hatch on post #21 of this thread.
"Standard is:- after fastener is torqued to spec., there should have thread protrusion above top of fastened nut - in order to satisfied safety margin, having total thread engagement, enabling proper total stretch of mating interface of fasten components.

I am/was referring to a few member using a one piece brace from another brand, after torqued, thread is well below OEM flange nut.

However, earlier picture on this thread shown the pre-production 27WON model has ideal thread protrusion.

I am happily retired and not gonna elaborate what my past life was."

Looks like from @brandonduley 's photos the threads of two the struts bolts are slightly below the level of the nut, thus not giving it total engagement of the threads.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
@Vincent@27WON
Any info on the thread protrusion after the bolts are torqued down? It was brought up by @Fit2Hatch on post #21 of this thread.
"Standard is:- after fastener is torqued to spec., there should have thread protrusion above top of fastened nut - in order to satisfied safety margin, having total thread engagement, enabling proper total stretch of mating interface of fasten components.

I am/was referring to a few member using a one piece brace from another brand, after torqued, thread is well below OEM flange nut.

However, earlier picture on this thread shown the pre-production 27WON model has ideal thread protrusion.

I am happily retired and not gonna elaborate what my past life was."

Looks like from @brandonduley 's photos the threads of two the struts bolts are slightly below the level of the nut, thus not giving it total engagement of the threads.

I am curious about this, too. So far, I haven't seen a bar for this platform that doesn't have this issue.

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
27WON Performance selected a handful of people and myself to beta test their new strut bar..

Packaging was excellent, inside the box was the black powered coated strut bar and a Honda extended battery cable to replace the stock one for clearance purposes

Install is super easy, 14mm socket for the nuts holding the strut bar (3/side) and a 10mm socket for the 2 battery cable bolts

Clearance is much better than my previous bar as this one sits slightly lower in the engine bay. I have a flex fuel kit and catch can and didn’t have to modify anything else to get this on.

Initial thoughts from my first drive while they are fresh in my head:

Fairly laid back 20 minute drive home.....hit a couple nice “s” curves and a roundabout at a decent pace.

Thought I would need to be really pushing hard to feel the bar working, but I was very wrong...this is not like my previous SiriMotor bar which I’m finding out was pretty much useless other than for looks compared to the 27Won. Just driving out of my subdivision I could feel the rigidity this bar was putting out.

I feel like I’m going to have to relearn the steering a bit, every input I was giving it was more than it needed to go where I wanted it to. The car tracked very well through corners, much less body roll and weight transfer. And the wheels felt planted no matter what I was doing.

The NVH of the ride might be just a touch more than what I had before, but nothing to be alarmed about, could’ve even been my imagination trying to find something wrong with it...which I was not successful at doing.

You can tell you put the effort into the design to make this something more than a cosmetic gimmick, cannot wait to get this on the AutoX track and see what it feels like there when I’m really pushing it

99263596-A7A8-4722-B9BF-E20BE7BE4890.jpeg

8669FB43-FFF5-4DD4-911E-CECEAB70DE34.jpeg

4EB7DAA9-27DA-4761-8D7D-3E387118789F.jpeg

557373CC-2EFB-4DC1-9DF2-9A6574F8CFAB.jpeg

770BDDD5-CCE8-4FF3-AF63-A06376337C90.jpeg

31AE3F19-7B47-4203-80AA-67F3DFE0691B.jpeg

7A4B7365-33CD-4EAC-8907-2140D4947533.jpeg
This is sick, which intake are you running? Awesome set-up!

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I can tell you from the R&D we put into it that this bar performs and will fall on the more premium end of the price scale.
THis is dope, I will definitely be getting this upon release. I know you mentioned price point somewhere on the 'premium' side, do you have any idea or range of price, roughly?

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any ball parks on the price of this when it is mass released? I'm not trying to hold you to a firm figure, just seeing where it fits in price wise with the competition.
Guessing about $192.71 (after pre-order)....let’s see if I’m right in a couple of months