27WON FK8 Turbocharger Upgrade (The one the forum asked for)

specter86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrx, CTR arrives in Jan!
Country flag
As a drop in, will this require tuning or will it literally work with all oe components including stock tune (I ask because I’m in CA)
Sponsored

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
As a drop in, will this require tuning or will it literally work with all oe components including stock tune (I ask because I’m in CA)
yes it will for this one on a stock car,i can't barely see a issue to take a unit like the 27won one,just remind you that it can be a bit more "lagy"

on the side note id recommand a tune with any turbo upgrade🙂

Last edited:

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Collectively we're getting near 80k kms / 50k miles on our Si's equipped with the 27WON W1, 27WON W2 JB, and 27WON BB. To say I'm excited to finally see an FK8 drop-in from 27WON is an understatement, my FK8 is ready to make some jam :headbang:

Excited for this upgrade, Vincent!

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With regards to response, turbo lag, and low to mid range punch.
This unit spools faster and has less lag. This unit is pretty strong in the mid-range. It does not have as much top end as the P600 because it has smaller wheels. We kept this design to try and mimic OEM like and be best suited for on track, time attack like style. So like bigger without being too big.

specter86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrx, CTR arrives in Jan!
Country flag
This unit spools faster and has less lag. This unit is pretty strong in the mid-range. It does not have as much top end as the P600 because it has smaller wheels. We kept this design to try and mimic OEM like and be best suited for on track, time attack like style. So like bigger without being too big.
Ok just to clarify (for me because I am slow)
If I purchase this turbo upgrade, I can drop it in with no other changes (keeping the OE/stock tune) I could run this and see some gains and still be safe?
I ask because this would be a good power alternative for me because of CA emission junk, it is noted that CA will be checking for tune changes too.

I’d keep the stock tune and catalytic converter so it would stay CA OK

I just spend 2k on an exhaust set up so I’d be happy to spend the same on a turbo upgrade for sure.

*I am well aware that there would be substantial gains left on the table without a tune and/or aftermarket downpipe.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
If I purchase this turbo upgrade, I can drop it in with no other changes (keeping the OE/stock tune) I could run this and see some gains and still be safe?
I ask because this would be a good power alternative for me because of CA emission junk, it is noted that CA will be checking for tune changes too.

I just spend 2k on an exhaust set up so I’d be happy to spend the same on a turbo upgrade for sure.

*I am well aware that there would be substantial gains left on the table without a tune and/or aftermarket downpipe.
you will need a tune.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

He is correct, the turbo is such a large air flow mod you would need to tune it. If you just dropped it in without tuning it would run, but car would be slower.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll get some pics up next week of the unit.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll get some more soon.

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON FK8 Turbocharger Upgrade (The one the forum asked for) Serial Numbered CTR Turbo 27WON Honda Performance_

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON FK8 Turbocharger Upgrade (The one the forum asked for) OEM Location Wastegate Actuator 27WON Honda Performance_

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
ohhh wow....
I think I want it.... just getting to the point where my fuel system is fully upgraded.

chanman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R - Champ White
Country flag

Can you elaborate on what this 'CA emission junk/CA will be checking for tune changes' is or have any links? I haven't heard of anything of this n would like to know. Thanks!
Sponsored