27WON FK8 Turbocharger Upgrade (The one the forum asked for)

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Hey everyone,

This is a thread I have been meaning to make for a while now just never really got around to sitting in front of a computer is starting it. Why it took me so long to make, well you know running the business, development, life. etc. But here she is, the official thread for the drop-in turbocharger upgrade for the FK8 from 27WON. If you are one of the many who have seen and followed this thread here, then you know the origin of this story. For those who don't read on and I will share the story.

When the 10th generation Honda Civic came out and we all saw that it was factory turbocharged equipped we knew this platform was going to be a home run. GDI technology, OEM forced induction, and all the electronics to dial it in it was clear you could have a small yet powerful package and that is what we have seen. My background came from GDI and turbo technology for many years.

Has the platform has been growing and people wanted to upgrade the turbos everyone started going with OTS turbos and retrofitting them to make power. While that sort of works for one-off stuff and non-OEM turbo applications it's not really the most efficient way to upgrade turbos on modern cars. We knew how important packing and control is on modern engines so for us true drop-in turbos were the only route to go. We delivered on that with the W1 and W2 turbos for the L15. Going off of the popularity of that we had many FK8 owners ask for a drop-in turbocharger as well. It was something we had been thinking on for a while but I don't like to just jump into a project until I understand the end goal for it. The cool thing about this project is you guys (this forum) defined it. You told us what you wanted and I said I'll make it and that is what we are aiming for.

This project actually started over a year ago now and we have been working, developing, and testing for 12+ months now but I am just now more formally writing about it.

Going full circle here without writing an essay you guys wanted
- A Drop in unit
- a unit that works with all OEM parts and all the popular aftermarket bolt-ons
- 500whp capable
- able to make power on the stock fuel system and have the ability to grow with you for those who upgrade fuel systems later
~ $2000 price point

I feel confident we can deliver that and that is what I am to have to market this year for everyone.

I open this thread up to any questions you guys have. I will post often as I get closer to a release. I have had running units for a while now and have been pretty happy with what we have been able to deliver thus far.

Lets make 2022 epic.

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON FK8 Turbocharger Upgrade (The one the forum asked for) FK8 Turbo CAD (1)

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON FK8 Turbocharger Upgrade (The one the forum asked for) W2 teaser

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON FK8 Turbocharger Upgrade (The one the forum asked for) MicrosoftTeams-image (9) (2)

Last edited:

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Love the price point you're targeting. I think a solid performing unit would totally be welcome. Even though we have tons of options in the FK8 community, not many have that price point without a core charge being involved. My only feedback is targeting the stock fuel system might be tough, there is such a disparity in performance of the HPFP from car to car. I've tested maybe 5+ cars helping my friends flash and datalog their cars as well as my own. All of them had wild differences in how the HPFP would perform.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love the price point you're targeting. I think a solid performing unit would totally be welcome. Even though we have tons of options in the FK8 community, not many have that price point without a core charge being involved. My only feedback is targeting the stock fuel system might be tough, there is such a disparity in performance of the HPFP from car to car. I've tested maybe 5+ cars helping my friends flash and datalog their cars as well as my own. All of them had wild differences in how the HPFP would perform.
Valid point. Will see where we can get. But no doubt the unit will perform best with a fuel pump upgrade.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just picked up our 3rd FK8 this past weekend. Installing another 27WON prototype unit in this car and testing. Will also be looking for another 1 or 2 cars outside of us to possibly work with to get some production units to install and test.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Just picked up our 3rd FK8 this past weekend. Installing another 27WON prototype unit in this car and testing. Will also be looking for another 1 or 2 cars outside of us to possibly work with to get some production units to install and test.
super!! can't wait !

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
This is awesome news. Full bolt on tuned on flex fuel over here with an XDI pump. If you guys need some testers with upgraded fueling, I would sure be interested. I suspect the 27won turbo and XDI fuel pump combination will be a popular choice.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag

damn, 3rd fk8! awesome!

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is awesome news. Full bolt on tuned on flex fuel over here with an XDI pump. If you guys need some testers with upgraded fueling, I would sure be interested. I suspect the 27won turbo and XDI fuel pump combination will be a popular choice.
Will keep you posted. I'll likely post back when that time comes.

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC TYPE R FK8, CRX SI 87', MAZDA 3 14'
Country flag
Will you include the cool heat shield that you guys have for the l15's

ImMikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8
Country flag
I can drive down from Illinois for the hook-up :D

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will you include the cool heat shield that you guys have for the l15's
The unit will retain the OEM heat shield. The W2 got a heat shield because the turbine housing got much larger.
Sponsored