Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport manual
Country flag
Mods

-27WON turbo
-PRL cold air intake race maf
-PRL intercooler
-PRL catless downpipe
-PLM front pipe (I don't recommend this with the PRL downpipe)
-Modified type r exhaust (removed the 2 inch restriction where it connects to the frontpipe)
-Vit-tuned flex fuel kit
-PTP turbo blanket
-Ktuner v2
-Custom tune from Derek Robinson
-92 octane with 37-38% ethanol
-FX350 with stock flywheel

Notes

I had Derek limit the low end torque.

From my conversations with Derek, I think this is about as far as you can go with the base model motor. My fuel system is maxed out. (The Si fuel system can deliver more fuel than the base model.)

He had also mentioned the base model turbo inlet pipe might be a restriction vs the Si.

I made 241whp and 303 torque on this same dyno with the stock turbo, running the same fuel with PRL street maf, PRL intercooler, stock downpipe/front pipe, and exhaust on a custom Vit-tune.
Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON FK7 dyno results Waber old v new.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON FK7 dyno results Waber overlay.JPG

Last edited:

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Not bad at all, considering the torque limitation. What boost level is this at? Also, why do you not reccommend the PLM frontpipe with the PRL downpipe? Would love to see how this would perform in the 1/4 mile or on the streets (mexico).

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Mods

-27WON turbo
-PRL cold air intake race maf
-PRL intercooler
-PRL catless downpipe
-PLM front pipe (I don't recommend this with the PRL downpipe)
-Modified type r exhaust (removed the 2 inch restriction where it connects to the frontpipe)
-Vituned flex fuel kit
-PTP turbo blanket
-Ktuner v2
-Custom tune from Derek Robinson
-92 octane with 37-38% ethanel
-FX350 with stock flywheel

Notes

I had Derek limit the low end torque.

From my conversations with Derek, I think this is about as far as you can go with the base model motor. My fuel system is maxed out. (The Si fuel system can deliver more fuel than the base model.)

He had also mentioned the base model turbo inlet pipe might be a restriction vs the Si.

I made 241whp and 303 torque on this same dyno with the stock turbo, running the same fuel with PRL street maf, PRL intercooler, stock downpipe/front pipe, and exhaust on a custom Vit-tune.
Waber old v new.JPG
Waber overlay.JPG
looks very good!

OP
OP
Shadowfighter

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the tune is commanding almost 28psi, and only getting 26.5 or so.

The PLM frontpipe was hitting the motor when paired with the PRL downpipe. I hit it with a hammer and put a dent in it where it was hitting to fix it. I still don't like how it fits and will replace it at some point.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the tune is commanding almost 28psi, and only getting 26.5 or so.

The PLM frontpipe was hitting the motor when paired with the PRL downpipe. I hit it with a hammer and put a dent in it where it was hitting to fix it. I still don't like how it fits and will replace it at some point.
Did you do a remote dyno tune or an etune?

OP
OP
Shadowfighter

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Etune. The place I've been getting the dyno done has never heard of Derek so they told me no to the remote dyno tune. :(

JC671

Youtube: JaySi.671
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI, '90 GTR, '10 370z, '90 Mr2 Turbo
Country flag
Nice numbers! Any vids?

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Nice!

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sounds like we need to swap fuel components from a si lol
Nah that'd probably be a waste, if anything, just means you have to be a little more cautious with the base motor cause of the weaker internals. An Si with the same mods, same tuner, also on an etune, got on the dyno and made 322 WHP and 318 WTQ. As D-Rob said, the car could have also made more power had he had it on his dyno, as opposed to etuning it.

OP
OP
Shadowfighter

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nah that'd probably be a waste, if anything, just means you have to be a little more cautious with the base motor cause of the weaker internals. An Si with the same mods, same tuner, also on an etune, got on the dyno and made 322 WHP and 318 WTQ. As D-Rob said, the car could have also made more power had he had it on his dyno, as opposed to etuning it.
Was this posted on Facebook? I didn't realize there was such a power difference from a etune vs dyno tune.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Was this posted on Facebook? I didn't realize there was such a power difference from a etune vs dyno tune.
I don't think he made an official post. He did mention it to me in the comments of another post though. I wouldn't say there is a huge power difference with etuning vs. dyno tuning, but it's probably easier to make more power on the dyno, since you have access to all the data in real time, and can adjust then and there.

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
That's a little skewed from my intended statement. :)

I said it might have a little more power left on the table with more ignition advance up top, but I don't want to pump any more in without being able to do so in real-time, be it on my dyno or remotely while on any other dyno. It might be right on the money; without a back-to-back set of runs making the change, it's tough to call.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I already plan at some point in changing out rods and pistons
Sponsored