Monster4499

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5T
Country flag
I want to change the exhaust on my 2019 Sport Hatch and I'm thinking 27Won is the way to go. However I'm not entirely sure which parts to buy. The front-pipe back exhaust seems like the right choice but I'm not sure if I should get the front pipe, the down pipe, or the catted turbo back with it all. Not entirely sure what they all do and what difference getting those extras gives me. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I have the front pipe + exhaust, but I don't know how it sounded with the stock front pipe. I would guess not much of a difference.

OP
OP

Monster4499

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5T
Country flag
I have the front pipe + exhaust, but I don't know how it sounded with the stock front pipe. I would guess not much of a difference.
I might just get the front pipe with the exhaust, I don't think I need much more than just that with stock turbo.
Did you tune yours?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I might just get the front pipe with the exhaust, I don't think I need much more than just that with stock turbo.
Did you tune yours?
No, I'd like to get a ktuner someday, but stock right now

Gefiltefish

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I have a 2020 Sport Hatch and ordered a front pipe & exhaust combo a few weeks back (front pipe is on back order for about a month).

I did a ton of research. I am a “hardcore” autocrosser and have to adhere to my class rules, which allow exhausts but no tunes, aftermarket intakes, etc. Exhausts and drop-in air filters are all that are allowed.

Usually when shopping for an exhaust, I am looking for something lightweight. However the OEM exhausts are very light. The lightest option for me would be a muffler delete on an OEM exhaust. But I don’t want to cut my stock exhaust and was not a fan of the sound clips I heard of them.

So if light wasn’t an option, I wanted to find something that maybe made some extra power. After delving into a lot of dyne graphs - I found that most common exhausts out there dont gain any/much peak hp or tq and some even lose power in the low/mid range. This is mainly due to them being 3in systems. Those are great if you plan on throwing a lot more boost at the car. But if keeping stock/stockish boost - 3in systems are no good. The 27Won is a 2.5 in system and although the peak vs peak power numbers at low boost are similar to stock, the 27Won fp/exhaust combo gains 5-10 whp in the lower/mid range. That’s where you notice things on the street (and on the autcross course for me).

So what I am getting at here is buying exhaust components now really are about the future plans... If you just want the sound and look, go exhaust only.. If you plan on keeping stock boost levels and want some power gains in the midrange, go front pipe and exhaust.. If you plan on going aggressive with a Ktuner or turbo swap, go downpipe/frontpipe/exhaust...

The great thing about 27Won is the discounts when you add a frontpipe and exhaust together. It was $200 extra for me and totally worth it at that cost.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The discount really helps if your on the fence or know you're going to upgrade later. The downpipe was still very pricey, so I just didn't have the budget for it.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For stock turbo applications, I recall PRL doing a test when they were doing their down turn and also tested a straight pipe system. They noticed no noticeable power difference on the dyno throughout iirc. Now, big turbo applications hasn't been done but stock turbo no exhaust system adds/subtracts power.

I need to verify and look over some Si systems but Si system also has different piping vs non-si Sport/Sport Touring iirc.
Sponsored