27WON Civic Turbo Upgrade now available!!!!!!!

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Thanks will it cost more then the journal-bearing unit? I'll definitely wait for the ball bearing unit knowing it can definitely take more of a beating
I would expect it to cost more. BB will have less rolling resistance so it should have less lag than the JB version of the same turbo and in the end be capable of the same power.
Sponsored

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I would expect it to cost more. BB will have less rolling resistance so it should have less lag than the JB version of the same turbo and in the end be capable of the same power.
A BB unit requires less engine oil. Because less oil goes into the CHRA the chances of any type of oil leak coming from the CHRA is reduced.

A BB unit has less internal drag than a JB unit does. Bearings do spin inside the CHRA and the effort to spin requires some work. By eliminating that parasitic drag the system can spring more freely and easier which in the real world translates to a faster spool.

Reliability is the key difference between a BB and JB unit. Given the angular contact of the ceramic balls and the ability of the cartridge to dampen and control shaft motion, a BB unit is superior to a JB unit in performance applications. It can handle more extreme conditions and is less likely to fail under these adverse conditions.

If you usually drive your car hard on the street or race it often then a BB turbo is the way to go. BB units also are great in very cold environments as they handle cold starts better than the JB.
Ball bearing it is gets to cold up here where I'm at

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A BB unit requires less engine oil. Because less oil goes into the CHRA the chances of any type of oil leak coming from the CHRA is reduced.

A BB unit has less internal drag than a JB unit does. Bearings do spin inside the CHRA and the effort to spin requires some work. By eliminating that parasitic drag the system can spring more freely and easier which in the real world translates to a faster spool.

Reliability is the key difference between a BB and JB unit. Given the angular contact of the ceramic balls and the ability of the cartridge to dampen and control shaft motion, a BB unit is superior to a JB unit in performance applications. It can handle more extreme conditions and is less likely to fail under these adverse conditions.

If you usually drive your car hard on the street or race it often then a BB turbo is the way to go. BB units also are great in very cold environments as they handle cold starts better than the JB.
Ball bearing it is gets to cold up here where I'm at
All true, I loved my Pure450 but now its time for a real turbo for me.

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
All true, I loved my Pure450 but now its time for a real turbo for me.
I'm with you been on my stock Turbo rocking yolo tune for awhile now. Finally time to upgrade the turbo and get some more power

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm with you been on my stock Turbo rocking yolo tune for awhile now. Finally time to upgrade the turbo and get some more power
If you're on Powermetric then they also have an OTS tune made for the W2, so you're golden.

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
If you're on Powermetric then they also have an OTS tune made for the W2, so you're golden.
Yeah I've been on powermetrics from stage 1 to stage 2 to now stage yolo and now waiting for the next stage dub 2. Can't lie though that yolo tune puts the work in the stock turbo

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks will it cost more then the journal-bearing unit? I'll definitely wait for the ball bearing unit knowing it can definitely take more of a beating
Yes its $400 more then the JB unit.
Sponsored