27WON Catback Exhaust for the SI. Clutch upgrade for Stage 1 tune needed?

Chrizniz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Sedan 2019
Country flag
I have recently purchased the 27WON catback exhaust (only) and I’m looking to get it installed sometime next week as soon as I get it in the mail. I am also planning on getting a tune after the install, however, I was wondering if it’s actually necessary for me to upgrade the clutch for a stage 1 tune. The current mods I have are as follows: K&N Typhoon CAI and Mishimoto’s Intercooler with their custom piping. What do you guys think? Should I upgrade the clutch before a stage 1 tune after installing the catback? Let me know what u guys think! Thank u!
Sponsored

chuchu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
What are your power goals? Your clutch will last depending on how you drive it, but eventually, the extra power will burn it out quicker compared to stock. Of course, it would be nice to install everything at once if you have the means. If not, then your stock clutch will be okay for now. How long your clutch lasts depends on your driving habits.

OP
OP
Chrizniz

Chrizniz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Sedan 2019
Country flag
What are your power goals? Your clutch will last depending on how you drive it, but eventually, the extra power will burn it out quicker compared to stock. Of course, it would be nice to install everything at once if you have the means. If not, then your stock clutch will be okay for now. How long your clutch lasts depends on your driving habits.
I am planning on getting a downpipe and a front pipe installed later in the summer time. Also thinking of upgrading the camshaft, so as far as power goes, I’m hoping I can push this thing to at least 250HP. So I know I def need a performance clutch for stage 2. But for now, I just wanted to be sure if I’m going to be alright with the 3 mods I’m getting now. I guess I’ll have to double check with my mechanic at my auto tune up shop! Thanks for the advice!

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I am planning on getting a downpipe and a front pipe installed later in the summer time. Also thinking of upgrading the camshaft, so as far as power goes, I’m hoping I can push this thing to at least 250HP. So I know I def need a performance clutch for stage 2. But for now, I just wanted to be sure if I’m going to be alright with the 3 mods I’m getting now. I guess I’ll have to double check with my mechanic at my auto tune up shop! Thanks for the advice!
I have 44k miles on tsp stage 1 tune, prl cai. Not really any issues so far

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Yes you would need a clutch if you want to exactly put the power down and not slip the clutch
Sponsored