27WON CAI

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is my intention to create a video in the coming weeks.
Any link to this video installing with a CVT? I'm going to be doing mine in the next week.

I know you said in this thread that you revised the mounting bracket to keep the pipe away from the CVT but this thread is recent and still people had problems.

So to be clear, aside from this, there may be a top bracket that I may have to flatten or adjust to make it fit?
Sponsored

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any link to this video installing with a CVT? I'm going to be doing mine in the next week.

I know you said in this thread that you revised the mounting bracket to keep the pipe away from the CVT but this thread is recent and still people had problems.

So to be clear, aside from this, there may be a top bracket that I may have to flatten or adjust to make it fit?
no, the brackets are fine, its the means of when you install the brackets that change.

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
it pulls from both the top and the snorkle on the bottom. mostly the bottom, think of the slit on top like back-up. Air moving over a surface will always be cooler.
Living in Canada, these CAI are always a concern if I drive year round. Some one mentioned the slit in the top of the inlet prevents the intake from hydro locking. I wanted to get confirmation on that. Or do you recommend a different intake system for my climate?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Living in Canada, these CAI are always a concern if I drive year round. Some one mentioned the slit in the top of the inlet prevents the intake from hydro locking. I wanted to get confirmation on that. Or do you recommend a different intake system for my climate?
The 27Won is more like a hybrid of a SRI and CAI. I would guess that you'd need to drive through water just as deep as a stock intake for a hydrolock.

EmpEuroR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7 5Dr Civic Sport - White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
Hey @Vincent@27WON ,

Still pretty new to aftermarket parts and how stuff works. This seemed like the best one with fitting credibility.

Question is, can I install this and run it without a tune? Im a bit paranoid that -knock on wood- something might go wrong and void my warranty. Happy to take the risk and excited but it still lingers in the back of my head...

Thanks in advance!

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey @Vincent@27WON ,

Still pretty new to aftermarket parts and how stuff works. This seemed like the best one with fitting credibility.

Question is, can I install this and run it without a tune? Im a bit paranoid that -knock on wood- something might go wrong and void my warranty. Happy to take the risk and excited but it still lingers in the back of my head...

Thanks in advance!
As long as you get the street MAF, you can run it without a tune. The race MAF requires one. That being said, to take full advantage of any bolt-on, a tune will be necessary but you won't need one to just run it. As for warranty, that is always a risk.

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
Can someone provide any information about the delta of IAT1 temperatures on daily highway cruising with 27WON Intake compared to stock intake?
For example, while easy driving 120km/h on the highway I see almost 20C higher temperature than the ambient. How much you guys see with 27WON intake?

IAT1 for me is pre-turbo sensor

Thanks for the answers

P51

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
Can someone provide any information about the delta of IAT1 temperatures on daily highway cruising with 27WON Intake compared to stock intake?
For example, while easy driving 120km/h on the highway I see almost 20C higher temperature than the ambient. How much you guys see with 27WON intake?

Thanks for the answers
I can't remember exactly, but it was enough to make a difference. According to my Hondata flashpro data logs before and after install. I also noticed better performance by covering up the slot on the airbox (with a piece of duct tape). Unexpected rain doesn't really happen in my area, so I keep the slot covered normally. Then I remove the tape if the weather looks bad.

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Thanks for the answers
I see about 12-15C average over ambient. I saw similar temps as you stock, 20C over ambient. Gets harder when its hot out, the engines been running a while, etc and it can still reach similar temps to stock at 20C over but not nearly as often.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Take temp numbers with a grain a salt due to various factors such as what ambient temp is, humidity, how long the car was being driven for, pulls.

Ambient of 50F vs 80F and the temp delta you had at 50F will not be the same as 80F.

TLDR is, besides the PRL cobra cai, you won't get an intake with better IATs.

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
Take temp numbers with a grain a salt due to various factors such as what ambient temp is, humidity, how long the car was being driven for, pulls.

Ambient of 50F vs 80F and the temp delta you had at 50F will not be the same as 80F.

TLDR is, besides the PRL cobra cai, you won't get an intake with better IATs.
I agree that PRL should throw the best temperatures because of the design. I just curious if I will completely shut the upper holes on the 27won intake - wouldn't I get the best of 2 worlds?

Its like, the air need to travel inside the hot pipes anyway all the way to the MAF. 27won state that they used heat resistant plastic, so basically it supposed to be the same.

The only thing that I am concerned about is the real need for these holes - maybe they are part of the design and have other tasks like supply enough air to the box (besides helping to the driver that thinks he bought a submarine)

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree that PRL should throw the best temperatures because of the design. I just curious if I will completely shut the upper holes on the 27won intake - wouldn't I get the best of 2 worlds?

Its like, the air need to travel inside the hot pipes anyway all the way to the MAF. 27won state that they used heat resistant plastic, so basically it supposed to be the same.

The only thing that I am concerned about is the real need for these holes - maybe they are part of the design and have other tasks like supply enough air to the box (besides helping to the driver that thinks he bought a submarine)

A friend of mine has a car with the same exact power mods I do except he has the Cobra Race MAF CAI and I have the 27won street maf. The cobra seems to be anywhere from 3-5F cooler than my car (when cars are at fairly low load on highway cruising around 65mph). He has a different bumper with more openings so not 100% sure how that will play into things but there is a difference.

The biggest difference is when car is idling and how quick the temps drop. I didn't time it exactly but the cobra seems to cool down faster after a hot idle. I mean the difference probably not much more than maybe 30-45s but once again it does exist.

Now with the amount of air being moved due to the race maf I am not sure how that plays its part in the temp difference and how quick it drops temps after a long hot idle...

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
A friend of mine has a car with the same exact power mods I do except he has the Cobra Race MAF CAI and I have the 27won street maf. The cobra seems to be anywhere from 3-5F cooler than my car (when cars are at fairly low load on highway cruising around 65mph). He has a different bumper with more openings so not 100% sure how that will play into things but there is a difference.

The biggest difference is when car is idling and how quick the temps drop. I didn't time it exactly but the cobra seems to cool down faster after a hot idle. I mean the difference probably not much more than maybe 30-45s but once again it does exist.

Now with the amount of air being moved due to the race maf I am not sure how that plays its part in the temp difference and how quick it drops temps after a long hot idle...
First of all thanks for the reply. I think this is one of the most informative comparison I have found.

Just another one please :)
You didn't close the holes on the 27won box, am I right?

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First of all thanks for the reply. I think this is one of the most informative comparison I have found.

Just another one please :)
You didn't close the holes on the 27won box, am I right?
Yep, I left it as normal.
Sponsored