First Name
Aneliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback and sharing with us your personal experience. As with everything in life, there is always room for improvement. I know as we grow and resources become more available we will continue to push the parts and learn, adjust, and refine with time.
I couldn't agree with you more. Conceptually this intake is still at the top, it just needs some tweaks before it is perfect. The only way for you guys to be able to improve your product is by hearing from us, which is why I have shared my experiences. I'm not trying to say that I've gotten gypped by any means. I knew this was a very new product when I bought it, and as such I expected that I might run into some minor issues here or there. I also understand that successfully redefining doesn't happen without jumping over some hurtles. I continue to support you guys because I like what you stand for, but as a fellow enthusiast I feel it is only right to give the community a heads up if I'm experiencing something that may be a potential big deal. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm... After reading the latest posts, now I need to head to the garage and pop the hood.

Edit: I just came back. Filter was still on but the top left and bottom left bolts were loose on the cover. The top was very loose while the bottom left was a tiny bit loose. I wonder if people having the bolt issues have the CVTs.

Another thing is that for those having the lid/cover issues, did the lid/cover fit perfectly without any issues of having to slightly push the plastic intake to "mold" into the proper shape? I had minor pushing to get it to the exact shape. Much less than the first time when I tried to just install it. After the minor changes to the mounting location, I didn't have to fiddle much to get the lid on.

Last edited:

Smilo359

First Name
Aneliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm... After reading the latest posts, now I need to head to the garage and pop the hood.

Edit: I just came back. Filter was still on but the top left and bottom left bolts were loose on the cover. The top was very loose while the bottom left was a tiny bit loose. I wonder if people having the bolt issues have the CVTs.

Another thing is that for those having the lid/cover issues, did the lid/cover fit perfectly without any issues of having to slightly push the plastic intake to "mold" into the proper shape? I had minor pushing to get it to the exact shape. Much less than the first time when I tried to just install it. After the minor changes to the mounting location, I didn't have to fiddle much to get the lid on.
Mine is a CVT but one of the guys here appears to have an si and loose bolts.. I did have to kinda move the airbox around to get the bolts to fit in their respective holes but if I'm not mistaken the instructions said that might be necessary so I didn't think much of it at the time.. my original conclusion was that there may be contact between the intake and the CVT that is causing the bolts to rattle loose but now I'm not sure anymore because an si wouldn't have that contact issue?

Gsnail13

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I have an si and mine came out. I dont really remember having too much of an issue with the lid or having to push to make it work, the screws all pretty much went right in. The only thing that bothers me is constantly having to keep checking the intake for what happens next, I'm just waiting for the lid to completely come off while I'm driving.

spiikey1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS
Country flag
any updates on the cai? I am wanting this over prl's cobra cai just because the filter is easier to get to than prl's version for cleaning purposes down the track. lol

JN259

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 3 series soon to be replaced
Country flag
I’m leaning towards this over the PRL as it sits much higher and while I have only heard of a few people hydrolocking with the PRL it still scares me. The bolt issue on the top likely could be resolved with a bit of loktite tho

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The lids are now secured with longer hardware and a dab of purple loctite. This is to give better thread engagement and reduce the likely hood of anything coming loose. As for any concerns with the filter while we have only had a handful mentioned to us we have added an extra finishing step to the box to give the filter and clamp more bite onto the box. All of these are in place and in every intake moving forward.

OP
OP
UnknownCTR

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag
The lids are now secured with longer hardware and a dab of purple loctite. This is to give better thread engagement and reduce the likely hood of anything coming loose. As for any concerns with the filter while we have only had a handful mentioned to us we have added an extra finishing step to the box to give the filter and clamp more bite onto the box. All of these are in place and in every intake moving forward.
That is what I did for mine, got some longer security type machine screws and no issues since.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

macrossranma

First Name
macross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI
Country flag
Question abiut the filter is it washable and how often should i service it?

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question abiut the filter is it washable and how often should i service it?
Yes, it is and I suggest every 12k or about 1x a year for normal driving conditions.

bmaf55

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON CAI F3C40A0E-3309-4409-9F3C-C7EA21445F23
Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON CAI 6431DFB7-D5AE-4F8B-9EB0-D06F2527D8A6
View attachment 130280 I just installed my 27won cai today. It took about 2 hours. The intake installation itself was simple. I cranked the filter a little tighter, feels good now but I’ll check often on it. Bolts up top to the lid are nice and snug. The t clamp closets to the turbo inlet was pretty difficult because of tight space. Just took lil longer than the others because 1/4 turn every time. The hardest part of entire install was removing all the clips and metric bolts from under the car to remove the shield. I took my time and made it all nice. No cel lights. It sounds 100x better. You can really hear the cold air getting sucked in and the release from the turbo sounds beautiful. Very happy with this product. Good job 27won. Look forward to installing my rmm when it arrives and hopefully your exhaust soon

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

ricoxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any chance that we can get the updated hardware for those who purchased first revision?
Sponsored