arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Someone made a joke about how Hyundai and Honda switched styling for the new gens. Hyundai went wild while Honda went mild. Personally I prefer wild. The new Honda sedan is just too boring. Really hope they do something to spice it up in the Si trim.
That 11th gen hatch is looking kind of nice. It would be awesome if Honda decides to make an Si hatch!
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
That 11th gen hatch is looking kind of nice. It would be awesome if Honda decides to make an Si hatch!
Agreed that the hatch looks quite a bit better, at least from the rear. Unfortunately I believe Honda has confirmed that the Si will be sedan only... but fingers crossed!

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Someone made a joke about how Hyundai and Honda switched styling for the new gens. Hyundai went wild while Honda went mild. Personally I prefer wild. The new Honda sedan is just too boring. Really hope they do something to spice it up in the Si trim.
I prefer the Kona styling actually (and i30 ideally), I don't really like long cars - prefer the 10th gen Sport hatch to my Si for styling.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I prefer the Kona styling actually (and i30 ideally), I don't really like long cars - prefer the 10th gen Sport hatch to my Si for styling.
Were the i30N available here in the US, I likely would have purchased it over my Si due to being a hatchback.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Were the i30N available here in the US, I likely would have purchased it over my Si due to being a hatchback.
Me too, while I love the Type R it's a bit too showy for my work car. i30N would have worked nicely. We did test drive an Elantra GT N-Line, but didn't like that as much as the Si.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed that the hatch looks quite a bit better, at least from the rear. Unfortunately I believe Honda has confirmed that the Si will be sedan only... but fingers crossed!
Honda Canada confirmed that they could not speak on what the US market would do, as far as an 11th gen Si hatch goes! But since the Canda market is only going to have the Si as a sedan, I'm sure US will follow suit.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Canada confirmed that they could not speak on what the US market would do, as far as an 11th gen Si hatch goes! But since the Canda market is only going to have the Si as a sedan, I'm sure US will follow suit.
Doesn't Canada prefer hatches? I think if Si hatch was coming Canada would get it. I think there's hope for a hatch in the future, but sure looks like sedan only.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't Canada prefer hatches? I think if Si hatch was coming Canada would get it. I think there's hope for a hatch in the future, but sure looks like sedan only.
That's what I'm thinking. US markets for hatches and wagons isn't as large as it is for CUVs and SUVs nowadays.

If Canada is only getting a sedan version of the Si, then I don't think we'll see an Si Hatch for the 11th gen in the US either... It's a shame because I really like the looks of the 11th gen hatch, but not enough to get rid of my 10th gen Si.
Sponsored