Chi_The_Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Quick review of @27WON

Overall product:
This mount is significantly beefier than the stock motor mount. The mount has a poly insert on the motor side and a fixed non poly on the chassis side.

Install:
The removal of the stock motor mount was extremely easy. I had watched multiple videos on how to install the aftermarket motor mount. Some things that were missing as a quick tip. After removing the stock mount. The motor drops a few millimeters. This slight drop made it impossible to install the 27 WON mount without a struggle. Key advice, take a low profile jack and jack up the motor just a hair. This would would you line up both end points on the motor mount.

Initial reaction:

The very first start up WOW! The car VNH sounded like I had installed 3 inch catless straight exhaust. On a scale of 1-10, the cabin noise went from 0 on stock to 10+ with this mount. You can feel the vibration through your seat, steering wheel, and dash. You can also see the hood vibrate at a stop! The initial drive, anything over 5k sounded like was shooting a Desert Eagle. The buzzing and drone effect was almost unbearable. I did a hard pull of the line and the wheel hop was definitely smoother/non-existent. The second gear pull was way smoother than stock.

I only have 50 miles on it right now and it definitely improved over the initial VNH! Even with the windows down and music off. I can’t hear the wastegate anymore.

Honda Civic 10th gen 27 WON motor mount: quick review 0D0FB8AB-D71B-406C-816D-A17F6EB48F4E

Honda Civic 10th gen 27 WON motor mount: quick review 01C0C0D4-26C5-4529-9E76-B42956DB26C3

Last edited:

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Would you say it's worth the increase in noise level?

OP
OP
Chi_The_Process

Chi_The_Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Would you say it's worth the increase in noise level?
I’ll wait and give you feed back after 500-1000 miles.

Right now it’s cool to hear the rumble on the start up in the morning. The wheel hop on hard pulls is definitely gone. This mod is for performance, so if you’re looking for performance I would say yes its worth it.

This is also my daily and the added noise makes it hard to sit in rush hour traffic.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for your review and pictures. Looks like I should be able to window weld that OEM mount for bit less NVH than aftermarket mounts.

xxmorpheus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Rallye Red
Country flag
Dude this thing is LOUD. I dont mind the vibration of the engine, but when I take off the dash rattles very loudly, and audibly. Is this something that will die down after 1k miles? Its not atrocious, but Im giving it another 600 miles. The mount has about 480 miles on it.

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
i got a hasport mount also the vibration was pretty bad with the ac on. but as soon as put my prl intercooler its smooth now.

creativedesignz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I love mine! No rattles just vibrations on cold start. You feel connected to the car like no other...only complaint I have is the transmission whine you can hear when driving...mainly on the highway 60+ mph.

OP
OP
Chi_The_Process

Chi_The_Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Update:

I just hit 1200 miles on the mount and 2k miles in the car.

Noise Level: you still have drone effect but the sound in the cabin has decreased over time. I would give it a 7/10. Brand new I had given a rating of 10+

Rattle/Vibration: Something behind the entertainment center is rattling. Around 1500 RPMs. The hood also vibrates around 1500, but goes away at 2000 RPM. I do feel more connect with the car with the mount.

Tires: this is very interesting. I was a track day with another Type R with the same mileages and manufacture date on the tires. Only difference I was using this mount and 39 psi front and 36 psi rear. He was running 34 all the way around. His tires was absolutely destroyed after 3 sessions. Mine still look good.

Going on dates: haha!!! With a non car enthusiast I think she would find it annoying. My ex did not enjoy the additional noise it made.

Khmersupra

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si 1993 Toyota Supra 1991 supra
Country flag
Did it ever go away ? I was afraid I installed it wrong lol
Dude this thing is LOUD. I dont mind the vibration of the engine, but when I take off the dash rattles very loudly, and audibly. Is this something that will die down after 1k miles? Its not atrocious, but Im giving it another 600 miles. The mount has about 480 miles on it.

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Anybody test this against their street version?
Was just wondering the same. just ordered the street myself. I have the perrin inserts now but the wheel hop/skip is starting again so I need something a bit stiffer but did not want to rattle myself apart.

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Was just wondering the same. just ordered the street myself. I have the perrin inserts now but the wheel hop/skip is starting again so I need something a bit stiffer but did not want to rattle myself apart.
Please report back on your thoughts of the street version ... especially against the Perrin insert !
Sponsored