Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gt-tune.com
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5t, EVO9, RS4, GTR R35
Country flag
so can u help me do this to my car i want to make my touring fast
We will release our tuning box soon. Maybe 1-2 months more. After that you can just plug and play with it :)
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Is the whole stock exhuast system 2" CAT,downpipe, ect..

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
Just in case some members don't know-

This 268 isn't wheel hp. It's 220 approximately at the wheels. With cat it would be 200-ish.

I can not wait for the tunes to be more widespread. I pray for 200whp with intake exhaust and tune. Keeping it emissions legal with cat.

We will see.

Last edited:

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
It just hit me that this tune is making close to 100whp and over 100lb-ft of torque more than stock. Perfect amount. Please oh please motor/CVT, take it like a good girl.
Throw on the cat and it's making about 25 more whp than stock as our cars put down 175-ish stock, dunno dependant ofcourse.

This is just fun talk, not meant for any jerks to start hating. Discussion only.

OP
OP
carfun

carfun

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gt-tune.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just in case some members don't know-

This 268 isn't wheel hp. It's 220 approximately at the wheels. With cat it would be 200-ish.

I can not wait for the tunes to be more widespread. I pray for 200whp with intake exhaust and tune. Keeping it emissions legal with cat.

We will see.
Here is the whp which we test with totally stock:

http://www.civicx.com/threads/first-tuning-test-result-213-whp.3872/

The tune inside is similar for both only different is CVT and MT.

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
OP
OP
carfun

carfun

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gt-tune.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Given your base whp is spot on to the base whp we see here, are tuners in the USA just being extremely conservative?

Our tunes do not produce as much boost and only produce 1/2 horsepower as your tune.

Hope your cvt holds up, 5555.
Yes we already push to the limit of boost already. We want to know what is max boost this car can go. 10th Civic actually very safe.. it is more like European car already. When too hot it drop boost.
There is no way you can easily kill the engine. A lot of protections from ECU side.

For the CVT it run already 20,000 KM (12k Miles) with this tune. Still running smoothly :)

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes we already push to the limit of boost already. We want to know what is max boost this car can go. 10th Civic actually very safe.. it is more like European car already. When too hot it drop boost.
There is no way you can easily kill the engine. A lot of protections from ECU side.

For the CVT it run already 20,000 KM (12k Miles) with this tune. Still running smoothly :)
I'm sure many who are skeptical about the CVT will be happy to hear about that.

sekkusu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016

What is the 0-60 on your fully modded car?

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag

Got me thinking, if the tune can be flashed back to stock for the "oh crap" warranty moment that some of us don't care about, will k tuner flash to max boost upon request? Yes, risky level.

Hate to sound snarky, but----

Dear k-tuner, I have a warranty and do not care if I blow my engine up or destroy my tranny. Will you sell me a max boost 220whp tune? No ethics involved, just data, facts, and I give you my cash for a product. Period. Not a drug deal just using a tuners ability that I do not process for a product that is working in the land of smiles.

For us serial traders and short term owners why not? Free trade and my property. Just wondering what the American tuners have to say about a "max boost" tune.

Will someone representing USA please chime in? Why not a 93 "must be required" tune like apr offered me on my gti?

More like a 93 required and this tune may destroy your civic FYI tune.

I pray that someone takes this reply seriously and gives me a very thorough answer. I will buy a ktuner tomorrow and be the sites g-pig if I can flash back to stock with no check sum changes to my ecu and when I break something it's 100% hidden that my car was tuned.

I think I'm just one of many wondering the same.

So what's the professionals opinion?

Please reply.

Thx!

Last edited:

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
Got me thinking, if the tune can be flashed back to stock for the "oh crap" warranty moment that some of us don't care about, will k tuner flash is to max boost upon request?

Dear k-tuner, I have a warranty and do not care if I blow my engine up or destroy my tranny. Will you sell me a max boost 220whp tune?

For us serial traders and short term owners why not? Free trade and my property. Just wondering what the American tuners have to say about a "max boost" tune.

Will someone representing USA please chime in? Why not a 93 "must be required" tune like apr offered me on my gti?

I pray that someone takes this reply seriously and gives me a very thorough answer. I will buy a ktuner tomorrow and be the sites g-pig if I can flash back to stock with no check sum changes to my ecu and when I break something it's 100% hidden that my car was tuned.

Please reply.

Thx!
I'm talking the don't powerwash your engine tune bc your turbo is glowing red and it's scientifically documented it's metallurgy isn't able to take a rapid cooldown bc the owners a weirdo who is stressing he/she's stock civic to the point of non reliability tune-

I don't drive my car hard. I hypermile if anything but if I want to accelerate hard or F with a neighboring 328i, sti owner, god forbid a stock golf r owner trapping at 105 or have a fun test and tune night with my buddies who have more powerful methods of transportation type of owner it would be fun to have.

Common sense is stress it and longevity is decreased. Hammer it and pass the cam/cord v6 is kinda cool IMO.

Opinions please.

Last edited:

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
I'm talking the don't powerwash your engine tune bc your turbo is glowing red and it's scientifically documented it's metallurgy isn't able to take a rapid cooldown bc the owners a weirdo who is stressing he/she's stock civic to the point of non reliability tune-

I don't drive my car hard. I hypermile if anything but if I want to accelerate hard or F with a neighboring 328i, sti owner, god forbid a stock golf r owner trapping at 105 or have a fun test and tune night with my buddies who have more powerful methods of transportation type of owner it would be fun to have.

Common sense is stress it and longevity is decreased. Hammer it and pass the cam/cord v6 is kinda cool IMO.

Opinions please.
Last post, I promise. In 2006 I was the first k20 stl owner. I tuned my car, purchased an ajp (southern fl) hogged intake and placed every bolt on my car available. I was making 220 natural whp. I destroyed 2 trannies and finally received a call from Honda informing me that my cars warranty is officially non existent per Honda corporate bc my car was "extensively modified".

Why won't US dealers sell us this type of tune? Apparently the Thai folk are doing it?????

This is the tune I want bc I'm not upgrading the turbo, fuel, or cooling of my car.

We exist.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Got me thinking, if the tune can be flashed back to stock for the "oh crap" warranty moment that some of us don't care about, will k tuner flash to max boost upon request? Yes, risky level.

Dear k-tuner, I have a warranty and do not care if I blow my engine up or destroy my tranny. Will you sell me a max boost 220whp tune? No ethics involved, just data, facts, and I give you my cash for a product. Period. Not a drug deal just using a tuners ability that I do not process for a product that is working in the land of smiles.

Please reply.

Thx!
we have knock control on our car that detects what fuel we are running. it will adjust to the octane we are running
Sponsored