Terabyte_272

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Hey I was looking at getting some spacers for my car. With a 25mm spacer you don't have to cut the lugs right? I was looking at a set from GarageLine. I'm running the stock 17 Honda rims. I'll be running Steelies for the winter soon.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
There should be no lug poke with 25mm spacers, however I can’t recommend running 25mm in the front. You can definitely get away with them in the rear, however. Also, lug poke with 20mm spacers is only about 2-3mm and depending on the wheels you shouldn’t need to shorten the lugs - for instance the stock 2020 Si wheels have recesses between the lug holes. Can’t speak to the wheels you plan to run, though. If you do decide to shorten the lugs it’s easy enough with a dremel or other rotary tool to just grind a bit off the ends.

OP
OP
Terabyte_272

Terabyte_272

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Are you not recommending 25 in the front due to lowering springs? I don't plan to lower my car at all, just gonna leave it at the stock ride height. I assume the rims I have would likely have the same pocket as the si rims (check the touring 17inch rim on this site https://www.hondainfocenter.com/2018/Civic-Sedan/Feature-Guide/Exterior-Features/Wheels-and-Tires/)
However I'm okay with going for a 20 front 25 rear if that's what you're implying is the best.
Well I can't really speak with authority on your specific trim and setup, but 20mm front and 25mm rear is a known aggressive but safe fit, at least on the Si. I punched in the specs for your stock wheels (17x7 +45) vs my stock wheels (18x8 +50) on a fitment visualizer and it seems you've got an extra 7.7mm of space to work with. With that in mind, I must conclude that I was wrong and you can run 25mm in the front!

Stock Touring vs Stock Si
Honda Civic 10th gen 25mm spacers question 1669824629828

Stock Touring w/ 25mm spacers vs my summer setup
Honda Civic 10th gen 25mm spacers question 1669824691858

You MIGHT need to do the ol' fender tab mod, but that shouldn't be any trouble, and I kind of doubt it's required. Vs my summer wheels and tires, you'd still have just under 7mm of extra space. Makes me wonder if you couldn't run 30mm spacers front and rear.

OP
OP
Terabyte_272

Terabyte_272

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Thanks for doing that! I'll definitely look into 25mm front and rear. What do you mean by fender tab mod btw?

Tac3403

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX-T sedan 1.5T Cvt
Country flag
Thanks for doing that! I'll definitely look into 25mm front and rear. What do you mean by fender tab mod btw?
There is a Tab in the fender, right near the side marker. it sticks out a bit more than anything else in there, it's normally the first place you will rub. Not 100% sure how well 25mm in the front will do, I think it might hit but I haven't measured.

Personally I plan on doing 20mm front 25mm rear on my 16 ex-t, but I am also going to lower it very soon.. I would get down and measure to see how it will fit on yours for certain

Edit: you just bend the tab up, forgot to mention that part of the process lol.

MK2x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
There is a Tab in the fender, right near the side marker. it sticks out a bit more than anything else in there, it's normally the first place you will rub. Not 100% sure how well 25mm in the front will do, I think it might hit but I haven't measured.

Personally I plan on doing 20mm front 25mm rear on my 16 ex-t, but I am also going to lower it very soon.. I would get down and measure to see how it will fit on yours for certain

Edit: you just bend the tab up, forgot to mention that part of the process lol.
You know where i can find info on D2 springs with 20 or 25mm spacers?

Tac3403

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX-T sedan 1.5T Cvt
Country flag
You know where i can find info on D2 springs with 20 or 25mm spacers?
Maybe search for threads on D2 springs, or supension with OEM wheels, havn't seen it specifically but I have seen it on eibach sportlines which are a very small amount less drop and it looks HOT
Sponsored