245-40-18 Tire Recommends

nielboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 BMW 435i X-Drive
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

I’m looking for a tire recommend in the 245-40-18 to replace the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric All Seasons that are currently on it. The Goodyears still have tread left on them but have become noisier than an all terrain tire over the past year.

I’m looking for an all season that is a decent price, good tread life, noise level, dry & wet traction.

Thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen 245-40-18 Tire Recommends A0Ytvr1
Sponsored

Santos

First Name
Kermitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

I’m looking for a tire recommend in the 245-40-18 to replace the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric All Seasons that are currently on it. The Goodyears still have tread left on them but have become noisier than an all terrain tire over the past year.

I’m looking for an all season that is a decent price, good tread life, noise level, dry & wet traction.

Thanks

A0Ytvr1.jpg
Anything is better than the stock tires to be honest.

OP
OP

nielboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 BMW 435i X-Drive
Country flag
Oh ya I know. This time around though I want to be able to get my full use out of the tires and get short changed because I can't stand the racket they make.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
I'm running Michelin PS 3+ in that size. Way better performance than the stock Goodyears, especially in the wet. They are also very quiet.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
I was going to go with Firestone Indy 500's (pure summer tire), but I put about 40-50k a year in driving. I needed all-seasons to extend into the late Fall and Early Spring.

RMR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport/2018 Honda Odyssey Elite/2018 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Country flag
I just put a set of Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 on my '20 Hatchback Sport. These tires are incredible. Handling and braking is vastly improved. The stock Pirellis were garbage. I highly recommend the PS AS4.

gimpy9195

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ST
Country flag
Just had a set of Potenza RE980's A/S install on the car at 38K. The ride quality increased and noise was dramatically reduced. As previously stated 'anything is better than stock' - @Santos. The RE980's offer very nice grip in the turns as well. I've been hitting sweeping highway transitions at speed instead of slowly down on my old conti's.

Reminds me of my 100-200 treadwear rated tires when I would autox. They are 500 treadwear tires with a 50K warranty.

Would recommend. At Costco they were $700ish installed during a promotion.

bigdogpapa

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Fit Ex-L CVT , 2019 Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

Thanks

A0Ytvr1.jpg
After a lot of research I went with the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate in the size you are looking for. Excellent wet and dry traction (beat Michelin in the wet according to Tire Rack), 12k miles and only 2/32 worn off (built in tire depth gauge at several places around the tire). I would highly recommend this tire even after having used exclusively Michelins for over 30 years.

OP
OP

nielboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 BMW 435i X-Drive
Country flag
After a lot of research I went with the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate in the size you are looking for. Excellent wet and dry traction (beat Michelin in the wet according to Tire Rack), 12k miles and only 2/32 worn off (built in tire depth gauge at several places around the tire). I would highly recommend this tire even after having used exclusively Michelins for over 30 years.
Thanks bigdogpapa, are you running them year round? Also how are you finding the noise levels on them. The Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric All Seasons were great for two summers noise wise and then just started gettting louder and louder.

bigdogpapa

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Fit Ex-L CVT , 2019 Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Thanks bigdogpapa, are you running them year round? Also how are you finding the noise levels on them. The Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric All Seasons were great for two summers noise wise and then just started gettting louder and louder.
Yes, year round. I found them quite good in a couple of inches of snow and unbelievable in the rain. There is a soft white noise ( at 36psi) that has not increased in volume in the 12k miles and 7 months they have been on my hatchback. I was able to get 38k miles out of the stock Contis before they literally became unsafe in the wet and or a dusting of snow and unbearably loud and unable to be balanced to my satisfaction (including road force balancing) by 3 quality tire shops.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you see snow in the winter, check out the Vredestein Quatrac Pro (245/40R18) and Michelin CrossClimate2 (235/45R18). Michelin is pricier and doesn't carry the size you want, so it really depends on your wheels (aftermarket?). They're both highly rated.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...uatrac+Pro&partnum=44YR8QTPXL&fromSurvey=true

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...ewall=Blackwall&partnum=345VR8CC2XL&tab=Sizes

Personally, I'm seriously considering the CrossClimate2 (replacing the stock Goodyears) if I were to move to a colder region as it seems to be the popular thing to do lately during this housing bubble.