24.6 PSI on + 6 base map?

Civicster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T MT
Country flag
I have a 2017 Civic Sedan EXT MT with the +6 base map on Flash pro. I am seeing as high as 24.6 psi when data logging. Does this amount of psi seem really too high and anyone else getting same results? No other mods except a K & N mesh air filter. I uploaded the + 6 base map twice and still getting same readings. Little concerned that the data logging or something isn't right.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Civicster

Civicster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T MT
Country flag
WOW - 145 views so far and not 1 reply except my own. I'm on a roll. lol

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
you didnt post the datalog, how is someone suppose to help you

24.6psi is not high

OP
OP
Civicster

Civicster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T MT
Country flag

24.6psi is not high
Sorry, thought someone could give me a general answer. I assumed by another member's reply that this was actually high for base +6 map and got me little concerned if something was abnormal.
I will post the log when I get a chance.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

24.6psi is not high
My CVT plus 6 tune is peaking at about 20.7 psi. The base plus 6 tune runs 4 psi higher on the MT? I knew the torque limit was drastically higher but had no idea the boost was so much higher as well.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
He just said its peaking as h igh as 24.6 . He does not state when it does or how long does it do it. which is why a datalog is needed

OP
OP
Civicster

Civicster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T MT
Country flag
He just said its peaking as h igh as 24.6 . He does not state when it does or how long does it do it. which is why a datalog is needed
It doesn't stay at 24.6 for long, but will peak out at that psi when I WOT. Just the fact that it shows peaks of that range had me curious that it was not abnormal. Again, I will post the datalog when I can. Thanks for taking the time to let me know what is needed.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't stay at 24.6 for long, but will peak out at that psi when I WOT. Just the fact that it shows peaks of that range had me curious that it was not abnormal. Again, I will post the datalog when I can. Thanks for taking the time to let me know what is needed.
Let dc2turbo look at your logs. My guess is you're only seeing 24.6 for virtually a split second right as you let up on the throttle after WOT. When I mentioned that it seemed high for +6 I was only going by my CVT tune which is clearly a lot less potent. Sorry.

OP
OP
Civicster

Civicster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T MT
Country flag
Let dc2turbo look at your logs. My guess is you're only seeing 24.6 for virtually a split second right as you let up on the throttle after WOT. When I mentioned that it seemed high for +6 I was only going by my CVT tune which is clearly a lot less potent. Sorry.
Oh no need to apologize gt. I know everyone is only trying to help usually and I'm such a noob at all this. Yeah, the logs only show 24.6 for a split second like you said. It never stays at 24.6 of coarse. Do I just upload my datalog here?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Civicster

Civicster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T MT
Country flag
Also really digging your windshield sun deflector. I went with the OEM route which was a waste of money because it's not a perfect fit. I should have paid the extra to get one like yours which I will be doing soon.

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry... ktuner here or otherwise I'd of replied earlier since i hate to give out bad info.

You may be having a small amount of spiking... which in itself isn't abnormal. It means the wastegate is such that it's allowing boost to rise pretty much as fast at the turbo can possibly spool, which may result in a momentary spike, before it adjusts to then limit boost to the desired value. You may spike less if you don't have enables enacted to slow the spool/boost ramps... but I don't know if that's an option for Hondata. W/o being a Hondata guy... I'm not sure what '+6' is value-wise... I though it was roughly what we call a '21#' map on Ktuner... with the '+9' and '#23' being about the same as well. Vits blogs compared the basemap's as such awhile back.

As long as the spike isn't sustained and you've got the fuel to cover you, spike or no, and you're not leaning out... I'd not be too worried. Datalogs can be used to verify.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Sorry... ktuner here or otherwise I'd of replied earlier since i hate to give out bad info.

You may be having a small amount of spiking... which in itself isn't abnormal. It means the wastegate is such that it's allowing boost to rise pretty much as fast at the turbo can possibly spool, which may result in a momentary spike, before it adjusts to then limit boost to the desired value. You may spike less if you don't have enables enacted to slow the spool/boost ramps... but I don't know if that's an option for Hondata. W/o being a Hondata guy... I'm not sure what '+6' is value-wise... I though it was roughly what we call a '21#' map on Ktuner... with the '+9' and '#23' being about the same as well. Vits blogs compared the basemap's as such awhile back.

As long as the spike isn't sustained and you've got the fuel to cover you, spike or no, and you're not leaning out... I'd not be too worried. Datalogs can be used to verify.
It's around 21-22psi too. It's most likely spiking for a faction of a second like you mentioned or when letting go of the throttle/between shifts.

CVT/MT both has a little bit of spiking

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Something else to look at with spikes is logged turbocharger pressure vs logged manifold pressure. Typically these spikes do not actually impact manifold pressure, which is what you would be concerned about. (if anything)

OP
OP
Civicster

Civicster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T MT
Country flag
Something else to look at with spikes is logged turbocharger pressure vs logged manifold pressure. Typically these spikes do not actually impact manifold pressure, which is what you would be concerned about. (if anything)
Great info guys. I really do need someone to look at my logs to make sure nothing looks abnormal. I will post it over the weekend and get yalls feedback.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's around 21-22psi too. It's most likely spiking for a faction of a second like you mentioned or when letting go of the throttle/between shifts.

CVT/MT both has a little bit of spiking
It's Atari 2600 tech... but my old Z32 boost solenoid runs at 100% duty cycle to build boost until it hits it's target... then I have it set to a duty cycle to hold my desired boost value. It always results in a small spike to provide the quickest possible spool. Again... it's far more antiquated than anything we have, but the process shouldn't be dissimilar. A boost spike isn't detrimental in itself, so long as you're not killing your turbo or running lean in the process.

Getting to read about and use these modern tuning devices has allowed me to learn more about that realm of things in the last 6 months than I did in the last 20 years across a lot of fun cars.

I only got that TruBoost 4 or 5 years ago and I thought I was high tech at the time. Yeah... not so much.
Sponsored