• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Pennsylvania #230 Type-R LE - Dealership

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
They seem to be high enough volume to get multiple LE's, the low badge number would be more desirable I guess. So when we hit the end of the line, do those models get the "last one we'll have" special markup or do they get "wow this is a high badge number it's not special anymore" treatment and go closer to MSRP? I'm sure the regular CTRs will be a bitch at the end of the run in July.
when i worked there they were #1-3 monthly in the country, 500+ new cars every month. place is a factory hence why they burn through sales ppl so quick
Sponsored

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
when i worked there they were #1-3 monthly in the country, 500+ new cars every month. place is a factory hence why they burn through sales ppl so quick
Damn really?? Had no idea at all, I pass it every morning when I get my morning dunkin lol

TIL

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Classic Honda in Orlando FL has had theirs for sale at $56k for well over a month, maybe two months now. I think big ADM buying customers is hit or miss for these dealers.

OIK

First Name
Omair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3
Country flag
My friend saw it about 2 weeks ago at New Rochelle Honda. It was still there. Craziest price I heard through some texts was 85k for a GNY dealer. Not sure the dealer but it was like the second or third car sold in the GNY area. I heard through random text messages so don't quote me on this.

1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
my 2 pennies... anyone spending anything close to $70K should be buying because its a unicorn to them. If they're buying for investment, then they're fools. At only 600 units, the unicorn theory holds up because there are more than enough fools with $$ to burn on one.

From an investment perspective, folks with standard CTR's will probably do better over the long run in terms of return on investment. If you keep a stock CTR in good shape, you would have a better ROI in 10 years on a regular CTR vs LE.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
^^^ agreed. So many people are buying these to store away it’s going to be “easier” to find a stock, low mileage, basically unused LE than it will something like boost blue or such in 10-20 years

I think

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Mahwah honda had an LE that just sold for 50k+. I want to say 59k but can't remember the exact price and they usually sell their Type Rs for MSRP. I thought a LE at MSRP was a stretch considering what you're getting.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mahwah honda had an LE that just sold for 50k+. I want to say 59k but can't remember the exact price and they usually sell their Type Rs for MSRP. I thought a LE at MSRP was a stretch considering what you're getting.
What are you getting? Yellow paint and a limited number badge basically? I think people buying these expecting them to be ultra collectible are going to be disappointed.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
What are you getting? Yellow paint and a limited number badge basically? I think people buying these expecting them to be ultra collectible are going to be disappointed.
I don't doubt they'll be worth a lot of money in the future. But as someone already said, at these prices you'll have to wait like 20 years to basically break even. I for one didn't buy the Type R hoping one day it'll appreciate in value. That was just a bonus. I bought it for the same reasons many other enthusiasts bought it for which is I really enjoy the driving experience. It truly is a great car. For a car that delivers such a fun driving experience, I'll never understand just leaving it in a garage waiting for it to go up in value. I found this video quite interesting about the current prices of Japanese cars

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea trying to make money from cars is crazy talk. If it happens great but my real estate and stocks do way better

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
From an investment perspective, folks with standard CTR's will probably do better over the long run in terms of return on investment. If you keep a stock CTR in good shape, you would have a better ROI in 10 years on a regular CTR vs LE.
Expecting any ROI on a mass market car that you purchased new (or close to it) is optimistic to say the least.
Sponsored