wolfgang82

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I want to preface by saying my car is running great with no issues... That being said, my car is a 2018 Si coupe with only one modification being a MAPerformance CAI. I just went out for a drive and I hit 22 psi on the gage. It’s 56 degrees where I am and this is the first time I’ve ever seen 22psi, but I’ve normally seen 20 and 21 psi several times. This seems uncommon, any thoughts on why? Is my gage just wrong?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If you bought it used, my guess is the previous owner sold/traded it with a tune on it. No way you'd see 20-22 psi on a stock Si. Most you'd see stock is probably 17-18 psi max.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would be curious to see what your fuel trims are.

OP
OP

wolfgang82

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If you bought it used, my guess is the previous owner sold/traded it with a tune on it. No way you'd see 20-22 psi on a stock Si. Most you'd see stock is probably 17-18 psi max.
I bought it used in January, there were no previous mods to the car everything on it was kept stock. I know most people see the 17-18 are in Cali where it’s regularly hot and heat soak easy, so my guess is temperature is a big part of it.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I bought it used in January, there were no previous mods to the car everything on it was kept stock. I know most people see the 17-18 are in Cali where it’s regularly hot and heat soak easy, so my guess is temperature is a big part of it.
An ECU reflash is a mod invisible to all those without the right equipment to detect a reflash

OP
OP

wolfgang82

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
An ECU reflash is a mod invisible to all those without the right equipment to detect a reflash
? I haven’t considered that, ecu flashes seem atypical for these cars but I guess it’s still possible. What equipment is needed to detect one?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
? I haven’t considered that, ecu flashes seem atypical for these cars but I guess it’s still possible. What equipment is needed to detect one?
Actually an ECU flash is probably the most common modifications for these cars. If done properly, it's not a bad thing. The best way I know to check would be to record a datalog. Of course to do this, you would need to have an ECU flashing device. (borrowing would be fine for testing purposes)

If you are running an MAP intake you are fortunate if it is has a matching tune. Those intakes typically run a bit on the lean side without a proper MAF scale. However if you put the MAP intake on the car yourself it is unlikely that any previous tune would match it.

OP
OP

wolfgang82

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Actually an ECU flash is probably the most common modifications for these cars. If done properly, it's not a bad thing. The best way I know to check would be to record a datalog. Of course to do this, you would need to have an ECU flashing device. (borrowing would be fine for testing purposes)

If you are running an MAP intake you are fortunate if it is has a matching tune. Those intakes typically run a bit on the lean side without a proper MAF scale. However if you put the MAP intake on the car yourself it is unlikely that any previous tune would match it.
Well I actually have been planning on ordering a Ktuner this week from phearable so maybe I can datalog soon

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Temperature plays a part. Elevation plays a part. But mostly, you simply won't be seeing 22 psi untuned, ever. Technically, Honda has the tune peaking at 20.3 psi but I honestly haven't heard of anyone with a stock Si seeing that regularly. Or even close to that.

I have a non-Si turbo. Honda says it's 16.5 psi. Reality is that untuned, the max I saw was 13-14 psi under rare and perfect conditions and no, I don't live in California but in a state that sees below freezing temps often.

And 360glitch is right about the MAPerformance intake. Derek Robinson said it's the worst intake in terms of getting the MAF scale correct to keep fuel trims where they should be.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I'm completely stock here in California and I never see above 17-18 even when it was winter (boost season). 40F-50F weather. Your car has a tune on it for sure.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You bought a car that is tuned.

OP
OP

wolfgang82

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Update, not that anyone necessarily cares, my car did not have a tune on it. As stated I have a MAP CAI on my car, which has an improper MAF housing design. I am going to be ordering the PRL with the race MAF and Phearable 1.5R tune to go with it.
Sponsored