21' Type R - AC Freon Leak.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Yes i always let the car warm up for a few minutes & the AC also but it has been acting up this week.

the car doesn't blow cold air on the driver side vents, even with the temps sync'd to low. the passenger side is slowly dying out also.

Unfortunately when I test drove the car with 5 miles on it, the AC wasn't blowing cold air. I Still purchased the car, salesman had service add Freon & that was that. I've been back & forth with the dealer on the car fixing the issue.
You have a warranty so you might want to go to a different dealership if this one isn't able to fix your issue.
Sponsored

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Took car in for oil change finally. It's been on factory oil since Sept 2020 when I bought it but has low miles at 3300. Tech found leaking refrigerant for AC.

They offered to replace the AC condenser and aware of the recall. They wanted to keep car overnight but I said heck no. I'll bring it back when you have the part ordered and on hand which takes about 1 day. 😁

This explains why the car was blowing in hot air. I have the same related issue on my 06 Odyssey but half the front vents are hot and the other half is cold. 🤷🏻‍♂️

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Took car in for oil change finally. It's been on factory oil since Sept 2020 when I bought it but has low miles at 3300. Tech found leaking refrigerant for AC.

They offered to replace the AC condenser and aware of the recall. They wanted to keep car overnight but I said heck no. I'll bring it back when you have the part ordered and on hand which takes about 1 day. 😁

This explains why the car was blowing in hot air. I have the same related issue on my 06 Odyssey but half the front vents are hot and the other half is cold. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dear god man! Did you have the battery unplugged when it was stored? Otherwise the oil life indicator should drop 10%/month

OP
OP
tde1205

tde1205

First Name
Tulio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TypeR
Country flag
oh boy, i was such a noob when i started this thread...

might as well give an update, it was my evaporator that was leaking. they replaced that & my front windshield.... they cracked it removing the dash... smh... everything was done under warranty.

as of right now now issues, all the issues ive had with this car was when i was stock tbh...

now im FBO on mhi2 & hondata FS, still on 93 though, flex fuel soon !
Sponsored