4rhou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
x7
Ya. I have a dilemma. I was on waitlist for Gx550 Overtrail and those are coming in soon. I fell in love with Trailhunter and put a $500 deposit for that in Salt Lake City and Toyota dealer said those aren't expected til the 2025 year sometime . I kind of feel like I need to wait for the Trailhunter. Much more exciting, better looking, sportier , fuel efficient and masculine. Damn. Wish I knew when the Traihunter be allocated here and if I can get one! I'd hate to get the Gx and regret it when I see a Trailhunter in the Flesh!
I too am waiting on a OT+. Should be here in late June / early July. I am on a 4runner list for a Platinum. If the Platinum is not going to be here until next summer, I will go with the OT+ this summer and pick up the 4runner next summer. I think the GX550 will hold value well the first year or 2

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
I'm really curious about the statements about arriving in 2025, I wonder if it's due to the specific trims. I mean: i get delays, but the press release did say Fall 2024 arrival to US. This implies, late summer/early fall building in Japan?

2025 Toyota 4runner 2025 4Runner Order | Pre-Order | Deposit | Reservation | Waitlist -- List & Stats 1714157561648-tv

Arya28

First Name
Arya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade
Hello,

I need y’all’s help I’ve never pre ordered a vehicle. I called various Toyota dealerships around me (northern va), I say I would like to look into preordering a 2025 forerunner. They then say we don’t have them yet. I say I know it was just announced, I just want to put a deposit to make sure I get one. They said again they aren’t out yet so they can’t do that, also cuz the price isn’t known yet.
Ugh !

what am I saying wrong?!

fredcatsmommy

First Name
Cassy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Nissan Pathfinder
Hello,

I need y’all’s help I’ve never pre ordered a vehicle. I called various Toyota dealerships around me (northern va), I say I would like to look into preordering a 2025 forerunner. They then say we don’t have them yet. I say I know it was just announced, I just want to put a deposit to make sure I get one. They said again they aren’t out yet so they can’t do that, also cuz the price isn’t known yet.
Ugh !

what am I saying wrong?!
Same question for me too. I keep being told no wait-list or deposit until pricing is released.

Arya28

First Name
Arya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade
Hello,

Ugh !

what am I saying wrong?!
also wanted to ask do they run credit and figure out financing when you are trying to reserve the car? He said how can we tell you how much of a deposit to put down if we don’t know the price or trim or MSRP? Ugh

Old Spice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3 currently
also wanted to ask do they run credit and figure out financing when you are trying to reserve the car? He said how can we tell you how much of a deposit to put down if we don’t know the price or trim or MSRP? Ugh
What a strange dealer...

No dealers don't run credit or do any of the financing process when taking a deposit for a waitlist. The deposit amount (if the dealer takes deposits for waitlists) is just an arbritrary amount set by the dealer so the person has some "skin in the game" and shows they are somewhat serious about the vehicle they're on the waitlist for. That's why the deposit amounts you see on the list are all nice round numbers.

4running

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4Runner SR5
Just show him this list and how other dealers are taking $500-$1000 deposits from interested customers to get on the dealer's waitlist for the new 4Runner. And ask him to do the same thing. Although if he's that clueless, maybe you wanna look elsewhere. 🤔

Arya28

First Name
Arya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade
Just show him this list and how other dealers are taking $500-$1000 deposits from interested customers to get on the dealer's waitlist for the new 4Runner. And ask him to do the same thing. Although if he's that clueless, maybe you wanna look elsewhere. 🤔
so maybe I’m saying pre order when I should be saying waitlist ? Which you would think they would infer that’s what I mean smh

4running

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4Runner SR5
so maybe I’m saying pre order when I should be saying waitlist ? Which you would think they would infer that’s what I mean smh
Yea that makes sense. When you mentioned "order" he probably started thinking about the formal order submission process. Which doesn't come until later when a 4runner matching your desired specs is coming into this dealer, is offered to you, and you accept and submit the order for it.

So yea just say waitlist / reservation list. Nothing to do with ordering.

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
What a strange dealer...

No dealers don't run credit or do any of the financing process when taking a deposit for a waitlist. The deposit amount (if the dealer takes deposits for waitlists) is just an arbritrary amount set by the dealer so the person has some "skin in the game" and shows they are somewhat serious about the vehicle they're on the waitlist for. That's why the deposit amounts you see on the list are all nice round numbers.
That is it in a nutshell.

ryan71098

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi S5
Had a similar experience at a dealership in NJ today. They said the release is next January (?) and overall seemed completely clueless about the announcement or any details. Also said they aren't taking deposits. Very odd experience similar to the above!

Anyone know of a dealer in NJ/NY/PA they trust that ISN'T clueless like this? Thanks!

SP4RUNER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Hellcat Charger , Toyota Highlander ,
man im looking forward to getting the 4runner! I missed out on the Tacoma Trail Hunter but when they start hitting dealership lots im going to try to score one for the wife.