DadBodMod17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic 4dr Si.
Country flag
So I'm seeing that staring on 1/1/2023 NYS will no longer allow any non-OEM Catalytic Converter to be used/installed unless it's a CARB Certified product. While we (NY) Just got the PRL HVDP to pass emissions, I'm sure this won't pass any level of visual check inspectors may be forced to do. Anyone else seeing anything about this?

Here is the text of the law: https://govt.westlaw.com/nycrr/Docu...ansitionType=Default&contextData=(sc.Default)

So are we just going to be swapping our OEM DP's in and out every year or what?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DadBodMod17

DadBodMod17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic 4dr Si.
Country flag
Just curious if any forum members have had to get inspected during the first few months of this year in NY and what then general feedback was from the inspection stations. Quasi-bump i suppose.

pac7yak

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX
Country flag
I’m stock but when I just got my inspection yesterday all he did was connect the computer to obd. He’s a legit shop and wouldn’t bypass the inspection like some other spots I’ve been to in the past. I think as long as your CE light isn’t on you should be good

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Got my inspection in the end of February, all they did was plug into the OBD. No visual inspection at all. I go to the same place every year and zero issues. It's also a bit of a pain for them to check our catalytic converter anyway due to the heatshields.
Sponsored