First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
its a vr30ddtt.
plenty of tuned Q60 redsports to get a general idea of what the engine can do.
Did a quick search. Looks like the engine can make some really good power with just a tune. Even more interested now.
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Damn. I fell asleep early last night and didnā€™t think to watch it. I was sorta interested and will have to look at it tonight. If itā€™s a straight pull of the VR30DDTT from the Q60, there wonā€™t be much headroom with those turbos, so that was my one hopeā€¦ that they made it more peaky with bigger turbos.

Iā€™ve had this ā€˜94 300zx twin turbo forā€¦ 8 years now? Wonder what itā€™s worth? I had a year or so I had 2 Zsā€¦ this one a ā€˜77. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll do that again. Iā€™ve got to decide if Iā€™m going to cut ties with the old 300 or keep it for a new 300. Because the new car is a 300zā€¦ at least it will be to me. Displacement = naming scheme for the last 1/2 century. Why stop now?
i think its gonna be the same turbos. I think it makes enough power on the stock twins unless your aiming for some high hp number.

idk if its a straight engine pull from a redsport cause the torque band does extend 400 rpm higher (1600-5600 rpm vs 5200 rpm) so there might be some changes. Or its just due to the Z having a better exhaust flow system idk. The peak power is at the same rpm however.

nissan states its a 3042cc vs 2997cc on the Q60 RS so i dont think its EXACTLY the same but it isnt that different.
i actually wish theyd use the fairlady Z name but i can kinda see why they dont here in the states ...

AND it's AWD. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
well the Z is RWD. The Q60 RS does have an AWD though.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
pretty sure someone already noted it doesn't actually called 400Z, just Z, NIssan Z

NukeKS14

First Name
A.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 1995 240sx, '65 Cobra Repl.
Country flag
Been watching the Z's development for a while. I really want it. 40mpg is hard to give up from my Si. I wonder what my S14 would bring in this market... :rolleyes1:

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Owned a 6spd '04 Z that was my track car and really loved it. Sadly had to sell it before my first born arrived. Really digging this new one but worried about the curb weight. Hoping it comes in at 3,300 lbs or less for the base model. The 350Z was already considered a bit of a porker at the 3,200 lb range for a 2 seater.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i actually wish theyd use the fairlady Z name but i can kinda see why they dont here in the states
I would have been OK with Fairlady as thereā€™s some historical significance to it. ā€œ400zā€ based on a rated outputā€¦ it the idea you have to go up in numbers to make it an advancement of the previous cars grates on my nerves. They didnā€™t call Z31s 200zxs when the turbo motors were rated at 200 hp then start calling them 300zxs when they were rated for 300. Then call 350zs 283zs or whatever it was in 2003.

Did I mention I hate the name ā€œ400zā€? ?You know what should be called a 400z? It should be the old Z31s that are running around with VQ40s from Xterra/Frontier/Pathfinders as fun engine swaps. As a joke.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
It's called Z.

As much as I want the limited edition, I rather opt for the Nismo variant but that's just me

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
It's gonna cost a few bucks.

The only thing really holding me back.
Yeah financial wise it's going to hold a lot of people back. I'll most likely sell all 3 of my cars and scope out a beater just to build this Z the way I want it. Waiting for COBB to release their map for this

NukeKS14

First Name
A.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 1995 240sx, '65 Cobra Repl.
Country flag
itll be worth alot in this "i know what i have" market ?
Yeah one of my co-workers just sold a 92' fastback roller for $6k a couple of weeks ago. I'm joking, really, because if I parted ways with it I'd never be able to stomach the cost of replacement but still. I REALLY just need to nut up and build a second garage to store everything.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Iā€™m really torn about selling my 300zx. I figure once I sell it Iā€™d never get a Z32 or older again. I swore off the 350z/370z as, other than that one 280z that was before Nissan/Datsun started turbocharging their carsā€¦ all the other 4 Zs were turbos. As good as the Z33/Z34 weā€™reā€¦ and as well as they may well have outcornered an aged HICAS-having 90s sports car, I figured I was giving up too much in the motor department and I never cared for their aesthetics.

Iā€™ve said that if Nissan ever came out with a new ā€œturbo Zā€ againā€¦ Iā€™d buy one. Iā€™d hate to make a liar out of myself.

(sighā€¦ checks bank account)

SichuanHot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Eh, not exactly my cup of tea either. Not going to be reliable with BMW internals. Still selling like hotcakes though! Just addressing the market at the moment. I think one day I'd like to own one just for a short time if nothing else. I heard they do drive incredibly nice.
If reliability is a concern, I wouldn't be too worried about it with the B58. It was a sort of joint venture between BMW and Toyota and has been in service for about 5 years now with many 740iL, 540i, 340i etc approaching 60k+ miles without much of a hitch. The fact BMW underrates their engines' power is even more icing on the cake. It really does look like BMW hit a home run with their modular engine layout in the B48 and B58. However, Supra does lack the manual the new Z has, which is a dealbreaker to me.
Sponsored