2023 Nissan Z

SichuanHot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The fact that the RC/LC exist shows that Toyota could most definitely have succeeded on their own. They chose the easy way, last time I checked the easy way is an easy way to lose customers.
Yeah I agree. What would it take for Toyota to strip down one of the RC or IS chassis removing all the sound deadening and fit and finish found in Lexus, rebrand as a Toyota, put one of their V6 or V8 engines, and sell it for the same price or cheaper than the Supra. They got all the in house parts but don't seem to want to make anything like it. Instead we get yet another CUV among a sea of CUVs.
Sponsored

SouthSideBeef

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR86
Country flag
I just want to point out that most reviews I've watched or read say the RC-F is not a good sports car, mainly because it weighs 3900lbs and it is not a sports car. It does seem like a great GT car. I'm pretty sure the Supra would be objectively worse if Toyota based it off one of their Lexus platforms. Also Toyota doesn't make an inline 6 which is one of the things that makes the Supra a Supra.

On topic:
The new Z looks great except the front end just looks unfinished to me. It's not bad, but it looks like the grill and the headlights need a little more work. Hopefully it comes in at $39K but I wouldn't be surprised if it starts at ~$42K.

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
Was the Soarer/SC300 more portly than the Supra??? They had formula going back 30+ years of making it work. They chose the easy way, Nissan didn't and I sure hope they reap the rewards.

SichuanHot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Was the Soarer/SC300 more portly than the Supra??? They had formula going back 30+ years of making it work. They chose the easy way, Nissan didn't and I sure hope they reap the rewards.
The SC/Soarer was marketed as a luxury grand touring coupe as well, no? The Z32 300zx also had luxury touring elements sprinkled about but it seems like it was more sports focused. I guess Nissan changed up the formula with the cheaper 350z that is definitely not as luxurious as its predecessor.

Oh well, can't complain about it too much. I'm just glad we're getting another fun, 2 door sports car. I'll be curious to see how much this new Z dynos compared to the B58 Supra and what else Nissan has in store for it as the platform grows.

Howdy_Si

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Per the reveal video, interior options are red, blue or black. Can’t wait to see the red on white. The blue on blue they had in the introduction was ?

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not bad lucking, but it has a chunkier, heavier feeling versus the ealier Z's. I used to have a 280ZX and it is missed. Would I trade my CTR for it? No. Big dip in functionality vs. the FK8. As a daily, a bit challenged. Whereas the CTR takes it all in stride, no matter what you ask of it.

At least it weighs only a couple hundred pounds more than the Type R. . Actually, it looks heavier than it is.
It will be faster than the CTR - but may not feel as agile. Hope they improved the brakes enough, that was an issue on the 370. I do love the blue interior. Blue is a great color for this car, inside or out.

I would take it over a Supra any day. But if I didn't care about storage or passenger space, I would take the same money and buy a used Cayman or Boxster. Or Lotus. Major props to Nissan for making sure it comes with a six speed. Overall, I am pleased. But want to see what the take on it is after it has been put through Leguna Seca or VIR, etc. No real test drives yet that I have seen posted. Did I miss one?

And if it winds up becoming a victim of huge dealer markups, that will really suck. An emira may only be $ 70K. Would you want a Lotus Emira or a marked up Z? Exactly.

EuropeanCTR

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8
Country flag
In all honesty? could have gone worse lol. Gotta stick with some and say the grille isnt the cherry on top. As a modernized version in the 2020's, it delivers in most points. Would i buy it? no, its a sportscar, basically the better choice GR86 if you have the money imo. Quote me if you think im wrong, discussions are needed.

ems657

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STi, 2012 Infiniti G37 (sold)
Country flag
I, too, found the new Z super appealing. Well, I previously had two Infinities and 2 Nissan's.
What scares me is the new Z shares the same platform/chasis with the 370Z (Z34). In other words, Nissan recycled the old chasis and gave it a new engine. Your thoughts? :)

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
I think the only angle I don't like is when looking directly at the front bumper. This car is high up on my list. I'm looking forward to the reviews next year.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I, too, found the new Z super appealing. Well, I previously had two Infinities and 2 Nissan's.
What scares me is the new Z shares the same platform/chasis with the 370Z (Z34). In other words, Nissan recycled the old chasis and gave it a new engine. Your thoughts? :)
i dont see the big deal. yeah its the same but its also strengthened to increase rigidity and stuff.
the chassis wasnt bad. Engine is also proven from the redsport so it should be fine. Also it was about time they got rid of the god awful viscous and replaced it with a real mechanical LSD.

One thing that i do hope for is that it uses a lighter flywheel. The stock FW on the VQ made my 370 feel much heavier than it was cause it was soooo slow to rev. Also i do hope that they fixed the slave cylinder issue since it looks like they are reusing the Z34 transmission just strengthened.

GHVA226

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (Stock, Black)
Country flag
Overall it looks amazing to me, I hope there's an option for a black interior though. Even if colour-matched stitching. The entire fabric matching the paint color is kind of loud for me.
Unless you get the car in black :cool:

FK8JIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
This new Z seems alright, a bit concerned it's still using an old platform but there's still plenty of time to sort it all out before launch. Good time to be a car enthusiast.