• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6

I like both Civic sedan and hatchback in profile view. But for me the Integra looks the best.

Actually it looks the best from every angle.

Screenshot_20211117-165838_YouTube-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20211117-165745_YouTube-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20211117-165727_YouTube-01.jpeg

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I think they did a helluva job taking the "mature" Civic XI and making it look more sporty. For me, it's going to boil down to the tune they use on the 1.5 turbo engine. The Si output is a little too low for this heavier car. Definitely promising if they get the power and pricing right.

Last edited:

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Dat booty

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I think they did a helluva job taking the "mature" Civic XI sedan and making it look more sporty. For me, it's going to boil down to the tune they use on the 1.5 turbo engine. The Si output is a little too low for this heavier car. Definitely promising if they get the power and pricing right.
We don't know how heavy it is yet, likely just a bit more than the Si so it should be fine.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I saw an 06 base RSX today. It’s been a while since I’ve seen one. It was clearly an evolution of the 3rd gen integra. The bumps under the lights (02-04) represented the 4 individual lights. The steep slope of the hood, of course the hatch. The rear lights mirrored the front. The 05-06 flattening the lights made the rears closer to the 3rd gen.

This new integra has a VERY similar rear. From the space for your hand to hit the hatch button. The shape of the space that has the A how it slopes 45 degreesish back at the top. The shape of the bumper. And the front has vents on the lower sides of the bumper just like the 02-04 RSX did. The lights and grill of course are current Acura styling.

It is 100% what it would have looked like if it had never gone away. They nailed it.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Noticing new things in this video. I love how the curved line on the front mirrors the one on the rear. And I didn’t realize that the black strip on the lower front wasn’t just a flat black strip. It actually break inward for the fog light. And the lower grill trim comes out some. Creates a lot of dimension.

And when the lights and DRLs are off. Those housing are very dark. Looks awesome.

FE2EC9C6-689B-4C5A-BBC3-9425BBC256EA.jpeg

53538E87-2BC3-494C-9D6E-979A29E9EA1F.png

Last edited:

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Car(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
I think they did a helluva job taking the "mature" Civic XI and making it look more sporty. For me, it's going to boil down to the tune they use on the 1.5 turbo engine. The Si output is a little too low for this heavier car. Definitely promising if they get the power and pricing right.
Will take care of the "power output" don't you worry. ;)

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I wish Honda/Acura did what VW does with the APR tunes.. still covered under warranty
Part of that was due to how many dealers were also selling APR tunes on the side.

DmhCmh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring, 2002 Mazda Miata LS
All the hate online about the new Teg reminds me so much of what the '17 Civic hatchback received. Everyone said it's so awful, kill it with fire, what were they thinking, etc etc...I bought one and expected to hear heckling here and there. I've received nothing but compliments on how it looks.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
All the hate online about the new Teg reminds me so much of what the '17 Civic hatchback received. Everyone said it's so awful, kill it with fire, what were they thinking, etc etc...I bought one and expected to hear heckling here and there. I've received nothing but compliments on how it looks.
The vocal minority. The Internet is quite an illusion compared to reality. The actual people who the new Integra is marketed toward and the people who can afford it, love it.

Last edited:

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
The vocal minority. The Internet is quite an allusion compared to reality. The actual people who the new Integra is marketed toward and the people who can afford it, love it.
Speaking to this... I did a little experiment with a coworker today. He is definitely NOT a "car guy" but he does generally prefer hatchbacks. So I was curious what he would say about the new Integra... here's what he said...

"Oh nice, an Acura? It looks kind of like the four door porsches. The shape reminds me of your car (civic coupe). Are they all gonna come with that big sticker on the side?"

After we had a good chuckle about the general hatred of the side graphics he seemed to really like the Integra's styling, liked the combo of having the hatch while being sleek like a coupe in shape. Compared it to porsche and other liftback luxury cars that are popular today. Much like myself he's in his early 30s, makes decent money, but unlike me he isn't a huge car enthusiast, but had a positive reaction to the Integra, compared its styling to other luxury cars.

Another 30-something coworker of mine I showed the car to (who also likes hatches, and has owned honda's before) said "Very sleek, I like it"

The average younger car buyer is going to like the new Integra... and while it may not have ended up the exact car hardcore enthusiasts were hoping for, it's going to carry over the already glowing reviews of the new civic while having subjectively better styling and more performance, and better fit and finish than its already highly regarded civic cousin. It's a going to be a good car that will appeal to a lot of potential buyers while offering useable performance (and performance potential thanks to heavy aftermarket support for it's Civic Si cousin) at an attainable price. Which, in my opinion, and Acura's own words, has been the ethos of the Integra since the original was first created.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Personally. I still find the whole 10th gen, coupes aside, REALLY ugly. Coupes are... a bit much in the fake vent territory but they work a LITTLE better to me. I Really like the 11th gen though. It fees more like its grown up, but not to grown up to not have SOME fun.

OP
OP
Steve182022

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
Speaking to this... I did a little experiment with a coworker today. He is definitely NOT a "car guy" but he does generally prefer hatchbacks. So I was curious what he would say about the new Integra... here's what he said...

"Oh nice, an Acura? It looks kind of like the four door porsches. The shape reminds me of your car (civic coupe). Are they all gonna come with that big sticker on the side?"

After we had a good chuckle about the general hatred of the side graphics he seemed to really like the Integra's styling, liked the combo of having the hatch while being sleek like a coupe in shape. Compared it to porsche and other liftback luxury cars that are popular today. Much like myself he's in his early 30s, makes decent money, but unlike me he isn't a huge car enthusiast, but had a positive reaction to the Integra, compared its styling to other luxury cars.

Another 30-something coworker of mine I showed the car to (who also likes hatches, and has owned honda's before) said "Very sleek, I like it"

The average younger car buyer is going to like the new Integra... and while it may not have ended up the exact car hardcore enthusiasts were hoping for, it's going to carry over the already glowing reviews of the new civic while having subjectively better styling and more performance, and better fit and finish than its already highly regarded civic cousin. It's a going to be a good car that will appeal to a lot of potential buyers while offering useable performance (and performance potential thanks to heavy aftermarket support for it's Civic Si cousin) at an attainable price. Which, in my opinion, and Acura's own words, has been the ethos of the Integra since the original was first created.
So well stated!! ???