• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2023 Integra A-Spec Trade-in Value?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Alright so the new TypeS has been shown and I'm liking it.
What's do we think the trade-in values will be for the Aspec?
Will we see a slight price increase for the 2024 Aspec that could absorb some of the depreciation?
How much of a loss is tolerable for a 1 year old vehicle?
With the large online used car retailers struggling and have already overpaid for cars will this continue by June 23 of next year?
Thoughts??

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Used car prices are already on the downturn... new car inventory is slowly rising again.

A good example I saw just the other day was a 2019 Civic Touring... stickered for $23k (about 4k less than it was brand new)
Just a few months ago my 2019 EX was valued at $25k ($2k more than it stickered brand new)

My assumption, assuming we can avoid any world altering events for a change, is that new car inventory continues to rise, especially as we start seeing the chip plants begin to open up... used car prices will continue to fall... by June of next year, used cars won't be the easy profit for sellers that they were this past year and ending leases or loans early will start to hit back the way they used to as used car values go down. Maybe not astronomically so... loss would probably be minimal... but it certainly won't be the sellers market we've been seeing.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
My thoughts are that any and all speculation about values until you actually trade-in or sell the car is as much a virtual circle jerk as the Type S thread was until a couple days ago.

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
My thoughts are that any and all speculation about values until you actually trade-in or sell the car is as much a virtual circle jerk as the Type S thread was until a couple days ago.
Haha. Hey need something to pass the time for the next 6 months

ItsGizzman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT, 2004 MX-5 Miata
With used car values going down and interest rates skyrocketing, my guess is it won't be a very pretty sight come summer 2023.

I've personally decided to forego the Type S for now. The economy isn't really heading in a good place, and moving another 10-15k (assuming 50-52k OTD) into a higher interest loan all while taking a gnarly hit on the value of my current Integra? I'm gonna side with my brain and not my heart on this one.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
Lots are starting to retain more inventory now. Atleast I am noticing in my area it's that way. Dealers I visited last year inquiring are starting to reach out to me to see if I am still in the market. Leads me to believe that the days of "if you don't buy this car right this moment the next person will" days are slowly fizzling.

ItsGizzman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Which is ultimately a good thing, as long as it's because supply is starting to increase and not because demand is plummeting. I fear it's more of the latter but who knows.

The people this will really affect are those who paid marked up prices this past year or so. Those folks are going to be in for a rude awakening if they try and trade their car in this coming year.

Thankfully most of us at least scored Integras at MSRP (some lower).

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Below MSRP is now a reality on new Tegs. Used Tegs will suffer on trade-in unfortunately.

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
There have been multiple CVT Integras that have sat at my local Acura dealership for a couple months now. I am thinking the 6MTs will retain their value the most out of the Integra line up (minus the IT-S), but they will definitely never see MSRP or over in the coming months.

The Integra Type S might retain its value like the CTRs, but we shall see.

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Oof.. 2022 ILX Carvana price isn't looking hot.

Screenshot_20221209-082727.png

ItsGizzman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Holy moly lol that is an enormous drop in value for a '22 ILX. Granted, Carvana is likely going bankrupt so chances are they're not going to be giving any good valuations anytime soon (or ever again).

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I was just offered $31K for my Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT.
I figured a 5k hit. Let's hope it stays like that. Who gave you that offer?

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Oof.. 2022 ILX Carvana price isn't looking hot.

Screenshot_20221209-082727.png
It looks almost identical to the 2023 ILX but it’s par for the course as far as Acura resale values are concerned. Used Acuras are great value buys.