• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
because the dealer told me i can "probably" order next month. meaning they haven't heard anything yet... also meaning cars are probably being made right now. it doesn't take a day to make and ship a car from japan
This is most unlikely but we will see.

Honda doesn't build cars and figure out who they go to later. Dealers know about the car well in advance of it's production. (These days sometimes 2-3 months before production).

Keep in mind Honda ain't shipping Type Rs one at a time. They will want to fill a vessel up. It may have other stops than just the US. You have customs.. Depending on where you live there will be rail travel across the US. It gets to a Holding lot and awaits transport by truck to the dealer.

I love how people just make stuff up like they know production times or duration on travel.

Edit: Decided to take the edge off
Sponsored

Last edited:

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Heya fellow Type R enthusiasts! ^.^

2nd in line at local dealer for FL5 - no deposit until VIN and undecided ADM.

Another echo regarding ordering...they are unable to order or see any kind of allocation info as of yet.

Will update. đź‘Ť

Last edited:

supreme732

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw m235
This is most unlikely but we will see.

Honda doesn't build cars and figure out who they go to later. Dealers know about the car well in advance of it's production. (These days sometimes 2-3 months before production).

Keep in mind Honda ain't shipping Type Rs one at a time. They will want to fill a vessel up. It may have other stops than just the US. You have customs.. Depending on where you live there will be rail travel across the US. It gets to a Holding lot and awaits transport by truck to the dealer.

I love hope people just make stuff up like they know production times or duration on travel.

Edit: Decided to take the edge off

you're basically confirming what i said... the car won't be out for a while

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Well then Honda needs to officially come out and say that, because the last info from Honda said “coming this fall”… so if the cars won’t show up til February, that is clearly not “fall”.

DeSanke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time for new one
Well then Honda needs to officially come out and say that, because the last info from Honda said “coming this fall”… so if the cars won’t show up til February, that is clearly not “fall”.
December 20th would still fall under autumn, but at least it is before 2023. Although being in Canada, would much prefer the possibility of obtaining March/April to avoid immediate exposure to poor road conditions.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
you're basically confirming what i said... the car won't be out for a while
You said that the cars are being made right now. I guess I'm confused.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Let’s hope it’s better than the Z, I was listening to someone talking about their release, and it’s sounding awful.

Vtextc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
December 20th would still fall under autumn, but at least it is before 2023. Although being in Canada, would much prefer the possibility of obtaining March/April to avoid immediate exposure to poor road conditions.

More like May or June, fellow Calgarian :p

supreme732

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw m235
Let’s hope it’s better than the Z, I was listening to someone talking about their release, and it’s sounding awful.

at least 10 nissian dealers told me they would not be getting the 40k z

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Why does everyone keep saying January? I agree that every person isn’t going to have one by November, but I don’t know where this whole January thing is coming from? Honda has said it launches this fall, and before the Pilot, which is still on par to launch before the end of the year…
Certainly in the UK Honda have confirmed this. We can order next month with deliveries starting late Jan đź‘Ť

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
at least 10 nissian dealers told me they would not be getting the 40k z
I heard the Proto would roll out over the next couple of months, and there are only 240 of those, and then by the end of the year, if lucky, the first round of regular Z will roll out, with each dealership only getting one.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I heard the Proto would roll out over the next couple of months, and there are only 240 of those, and then by the end of the year, if lucky, the first round of regular Z will roll out, with each dealership only getting one.
local dealers in DC already have gotten them.
Sponsored