• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
lol not a cult, just wanted by long time Honda lovers. This will be my like 13th Honda & my whole family owns Honda’s
Sponsored

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
S2000 owner here, had mine for about 8 years now. Seems I'm not the only one who thinks the S2000 and FL5 will make the perfect pairing! Going to be selling my R33 GTR for the FL5.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
S2000 owner here, had mine for about 8 years now. Seems I'm not the only one who thinks the S2000 and FL5 will make the perfect pairing! Going to be selling my R33 GTR for the FL5.
It'll certainly be easier to find parts. Don't you think the R33 will hold its value better over the S2000 though? (Mileage and condition pending, of course, along with whether or not the S2000 is a CR)

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
It'll certainly be easier to find parts. Don't you think the R33 will hold its value better over the S2000 though? (Mileage and condition pending, of course, along with whether or not the S2000 is a CR)
It most certainly will yes (and it's in a lot better condition than the S2000), but I don't use it much and have a lot of memories with the S2000 which is basically part of the family now! The Skyline isnt really appropriate to do a commute in or leave in a busy car park, it was always a case of wait for it to hit 25 then sell to the US!

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
It most certainly will yes (and it's in a lot better condition than the S2000), but I don't use it much and have a lot of memories with the S2000 which is basically part of the family now! The Skyline isnt really appropriate to do a commute in or leave in a busy car park, it was always a case of wait for it to hit 25 then sell to the US!
On a similar vein, R34 values are nutso. I wish I had the money (and wherewithal) to pick one up around 10 years ago when they were cruising for $45k. Now the good GT-Rs are all over the place, with most of the ones I'd want sitting over $100k

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
These are some awesome stories, and I feel like I am in good company! My first brand new car was a Honda, a 1993 Civic which I modified heavily on my meagre wage as a high school student. Subsequently, I have owned vehicles of all marques and price points but still have a deep rooted affinity for cars with the "H" emblem. I currently have a 2000 Honda S2000 and feel like the FL5 will be in good company with my AP1 and the other cars in my small collection.
I agree, super awesome! I had 2 1991 CRX Si’s. One was B18 swapped and turbocharged, the other was a ZC SOHC with full bolt ons, I ended up selling the swapped one and kept the ZC, mainly because of emissions BS in California, when I had them, but they were both awesome cars!
Once I moved to Texas a few years later, I got a sweet 98 Integra GSR, that someone had already upgraded the suspension, wheels, and engine with full bolt ons. I had it about a month, and came out one morning to find it gone. Called the police and filed a claim, and then didn’t hear anything for about a week…got a call one day from them, said they found it on blocks in downtown Ft. Worth, with literally everything stripped from this car, down to the frame. 😢
Here’s to hoping my next Honda experience doesn’t end like that!

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
If the CTR is gonna be too hard to get your hands on, is anyone thinking about getting the Hyundai Elantra N instead? (I know. Its 🤢) That's probably the only FWD currently offered which comes anywhere close to the CTR in driving experience and power numbers, albeit falls embarrassingly short of it. Hopefully it does not come down to it, but what other cars are you guys considering? 😢

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
much as I love GTRs, I wouldn't want to own one. Local bodyshop owner has one thats been parked for months waiting for a replacement windshield... its hard enough as it is to get a 90's US autopart. Imagine trying to source a low production japanese only car.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
If the CTR is gonna be too hard to get your hands on, is anyone thinking about getting the Hyundai Elantra N instead? (I know. Its 🤢) That's probably the only FWD currently offered which comes anywhere close to the CTR in driving experience and power numbers, albeit falls embarrassingly short of it. Hopefully it does not come down to it, but what other cars are you guys considering? 😢
I wouldn't say embarrassingly short. All reviews are very favorable, and it comes with a solid DCT option +sunroof (I've really enjoyed having one, surprisingly).

That said, resale and aesthetics aren't very comparable IMO.

On my list are: Elantra N (paint match front bumper), GR Corolla, Golf GTI, m340i, 3.0 Supra, RS or S3

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
much as I love GTRs, I wouldn't want to own one. Local bodyshop owner has one thats been parked for months waiting for a replacement windshield... its hard enough as it is to get a 90's US autopart. Imagine trying to source a low production japanese only car.
Yeah, that's gotta be a thing. I'd only own one as a third car and if I had tons of throwaway money. For $80k and a "fair weather" driver, I'd probably pick up an Arial Atom

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I wouldn't say embarrassingly short. All reviews are very favorable, and it comes with a solid DCT option +sunroof (I've really enjoyed having one, surprisingly).

On my list are: Elantra N (paint match front bumper), GR Corolla, Golf GTI, m340i, 3.0 Supra, RS or S3
I pretty much have the same backups… GR Corolla, m340i, and man I wish I could get my hands on an RS3, but a little more than I want to spend…unless you go base.

encarnacionb

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Integra
I think I might try and get an FK8 lol

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Local Audi dealer is ordering RS3's at msrp, was thinking of ordering the Kyalami green one. I'm giving myself couple years to find the R. I loved the performance of the fk8, couldn't stand the look and build quality of it. I love how the new R has that confident aggressive look with out shouting, reminds me of the early 00's bimmers.

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
I forgot to add that a manual transmission is a top priority for me and so it kinda limits my possible options to the GR Corolla, Elantra N, Golf R, and the more expensive GR Supra and the new M2.

Paint match front bumper would improve the look enough to make the design scheme quite tolerable.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
If for some reason I can’t get one, I’ll hang onto my WRX for a while. Would consider the GRC, but it’s kind of Type R or bust for me.
Sponsored