• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Biscuitpie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000, 2018 340i
Apologies if there’s already an answer, but it’s quite a long thread to go through… does anyone know where I can reserve in Texas or really anywhere in the country that accepts out of state? Obviously for a reasonable markup. I had one dealer at 4K adm who ghosted me when I said I was out of state
Sponsored

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
@POPNTEC and @CTR, I too am a late 30s/early 40s “dad” that grew up on Hondas. Cut from the same cloth! :D
Nice!

I remember going to my Acura dealership and just staring at the Championship White ITR they had in the showroom. That was my dream car but like 30% over my budget at the time. I past up a few opportunities over the years to grab a used one and wish I had jumped on them.

When I first though of getting a fun “side bitch” as I call it, I was actually heavily considering the 987.2 Cayman S but the prices were getting out of hand, so I said if I’m paying that much money i might as well get new. The Cayman is an absolutely sweet drivers car but I do have a young family still so the Civic makes way more sense.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Nice!

I remember going to my Acura dealership and just staring at the Championship White ITR they had in the showroom. That was my dream car but like 30% over my budget at the time. I past up a few opportunities over the years to grab a used one and wish I had jumped on them.

When I first though of getting a fun “side bitch” as I call it, I was actually heavily considering the 987.2 Cayman S but the prices were getting out of hand, so I said if I’m paying that much money i might as well get new. The Cayman is an absolutely sweet drivers car but I do have a young family still so the Civic makes way more sense.
LOL are you me? Literally same scenario here, almost bought a Cayman S last year but a coupe is too tough right now with the little one. Something with back seats will have to work for now.

encarnacionb

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Integra
Well my first post so it might as well be here!

I put my Deposit down in January and I was third on the list. I popped into my dealership about a week and a half ago and I’m first in line for the Type R!

To say that I’m excited is an understatement. Im old school Honda.
My first car was a 93 Integra GSR and that thing was sweet af. I drove it for two years then traded it in for a 1998 Prelude SH. I ended up putting a Jackson racing supercharger on it. That thing was so fast back in the day and the supercharger whine had all the old muscle car guys cranking their heads left and right! Lol.

Then I got married and traded the Prelude in for a 2004 supercharger Nissan Xterra. Not exactly a Honda I know but my Friends and I were really heavy into camping and stuff at the time. The Nissan didn’t last long however because I started jonesing for a car once the new RX-8 came out so I traded the Nissan for that.

As fun as the RX-8 was I really wanted to get back into a Honda so I traded in for 2006 Civic Si with the HFP suspension and that thing was, to this day the funnest car I ever had. You could absolutely drive the living shit out of it and never feel scared. I still love the way that car looks when I see it on the rod today.

Then the EVO X MR. I had to have that thing when it came to Canada so out with the Civic and in with the AWD turbo fun! I was and still am very fond of the EVO. It was literally 10-15 years ahead of the market as far as technology goes. The dual clutch transmission ruined all other transmissions for me until the ZF in my BMW. The EVO was the the car that I owned the longest of all my vehicles to this day.

Now into my thirties and wanting something a little sexier the EVO ran its course and I traded it in for a 2004 Lexus ISF. Was a pretty sweet car and I never had it long enough to give it a fair chance. I just couldn’t get over how slow the transmission was after five years in the EVO and with my friends all into quaking and shit I traded the Lexus back to the dealership for a F150 and bought a quad.

I drove the truck for a couple years and couldn’t stomach driving a full size truck so I traded it in on a 2017 BMW 340i Mperformce (Canada only special). I have to say that next to the EV’s dual clutch the ZF auto in the BMW was even better!

Then Covid hit. My kids were getting bigger and I really wanted to get them out in nature a bit more so I sold the Quad and traded in the BMW for my current vehicle, a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. Fortunately for me I was able to pay it off pretty quick which leads me to where I am today.

Now I’m in my mid 40’s and have driven what I think is a wide variety of vehicle types, I really wanted to get another car that won’t break the bank but is best in breed. So in the fall of last year I was chilling with a long time friend and we were discussing my vehicles and which one we liked the best and we both agreed that we loved the 2006 Civic Si the best and it wasn’t even close. Then I started considering an FK8 Type R but was really hesitant about the styling for someone my age, then I seen the 2023 prototype! I knew that I had to have it so I went straight to the dealership to get my deposit down super early. So glad that I did, especially after hearing they are going to be limited production.

Anyways sorry for the unsolicited vehicle history of mine but I am just a tad excited to park this thing in my driveway next to my neighbours 812 SF and 720s…lol.
Sounds like me. I started driving when Fast and the Furious came out in 2000 with my first car being a 95 Integra GSR did as much as I can to besides a turbo which I couldn’t afford. Fast forward to now I drive a 2016 Tundra the typical wide tires and lift with a 2000 Integra GSR as my daily. A year ago, I had the opportunity to purchase a 2001 GSR 4 door turbo.. but for some reason, couldn’t pull the trigger knowing the problems it would cause me down the road. Then that’s why I heard about this beauty coming out. Figured this was a sign.. aka my mid life crisis car. Lol

What’s everyone else’s why on wanting the 2023 CTR?

y4ngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR
Sounds like me. I started driving when Fast and the Furious came out in 2000 with my first car being a 95 Integra GSR did as much as I can to besides a turbo which I couldn’t afford. Fast forward to now I drive a 2016 Tundra the typical wide tires and lift with a 2000 Integra GSR as my daily. A year ago, I had the opportunity to purchase a 2001 GSR 4 door turbo.. but for some reason, couldn’t pull the trigger knowing the problems it would cause me down the road. Then that’s why I heard about this beauty coming out. Figured this was a sign.. aka my mid life crisis car. Lol

Honda vehicles I've owned in the past:

1998 SSBP Integra GS-R
2004 SS S2000
2008 GPW S2000
2013 CBP Civic Si
2017 CW Civic Type-R
2021 CBP Civic Type-R

2023 CTR is the next logical car.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
1995 Accord LX - retired

2006 RR Civic Si - sold to brother and running strong

2022 RR Civic FL1 sport touring

2023 Civic Type R !

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
First car was a 93 Civic hatch. Me and my twin brother had a matching white and silver 2006 RSX Type S. I drove almost 200,000 miles in those cars. Sold the silver one in 2020 and bought a 2019 WRX. Ever since the FK8 came out I wanted one. Almost bought one late last year, and decided to wait on the FL5. Glad I did lol.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
In 1988, my dad came home with an ‘89 Accord Coupe LX-i 5-speed, and I’ve been a Honda fan ever since. I wanted an FK8 but could never get over the looks; the FL5 is basically all of my prayers answered.

The FL5 will be joining this in the garage. This old school Honda fanboy couldn’t be more excited.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! IMG_3452-1-scaled-e1654196563910

Last edited:

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
been Honda my whole life

91 crx with ls swap
94 dx coupe with 98 type r swap
94 vx
94 ex sedan
95 dx sedan with a k20
17 fk8
04 RSX type s
04 tsx 6spd
95 db8 GSR sedan
08 fg2 si
98 itr

the fl5 will be right at home

Last edited:

Vtextc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
These are some awesome stories, and I feel like I am in good company! My first brand new car was a Honda, a 1993 Civic which I modified heavily on my meagre wage as a high school student. Subsequently, I have owned vehicles of all marques and price points but still have a deep rooted affinity for cars with the "H" emblem. I currently have a 2000 Honda S2000 and feel like the FL5 will be in good company with my AP1 and the other cars in my small collection.

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
No wonder Type R's are so hard to get. This is some kind of cult!

I always loved Honda, awesome to drive. Never owned one though. A few close calls. Scion tC (first new car) over Si in 2005. Z over S2000 in 2007 (ouch.) I've had an eye peeled for an 8th gen Si as a beater for the last 6-7 years - really loved that thing. It seemed like they were everywhere in the day, now seeing any is rare around here and they're always ruined.
Sponsored